Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Back to Chicago in SPRING?
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 15, 2006 03:10

"Keith will only play guitar during the warhorses...."

StonesTod, be careful with this argument. Maybe it's a reason to demand more warhorses...

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 15, 2006 03:53

MicknSteven wrote:
"No way this is not happening, anyone paying attention at the Lack Of ticket sales...the stones are more likely going to Europe for the summer. We should not expect the stones in the USA, for a while, at least 1 too 2 years."

Agree, this is not happening, but not due to "lack of ticket sales" IMO. If i'm right, even on this leg of the tour there is lack of ticket sales only when the Stones visit a city for 4th or 5th time, after having played earlier to 100,000 - 120,000 people. That's so logical and so inevitable... I bet that the Stones themselves expected this lack, but adding 45,000 in Boston, 48,000 in N. York and 30,000 in Chicago isn't bad at all...

As you recently admited, the sales were excellent for Halifax, Lousville, Witchita, Missula, Regina. I guess they will be good for the other "virgin" places too. USA have much more "virgin" (as for this tour) places- Halup mentioned some of them.

So, the Stones could continue touring for a while in the US in 2007. But they don't. For two reasons (A) They need a long break before coming in Europe- and don't forget, there is also Asia on touring map. (cool smiley Why to play at more "virgin" places now? They can do it next time they hit US- unless this round is their last tour. They will need these places, they can't play only at big cities like N.York, Boston, Chicago, LA and to other cities visited by them on 2005/6 tour.

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: October 15, 2006 05:17

They could still come back to Louisville for multiple gigs and sellout nicely! Virgins need love too!smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 15, 2006 06:01

I don't think so. I think they will take a long winter break, do some stuff late spring, in the rest of the world, then hit Europe as early as they can in the summer, with as many shows as they can do in the time frame they have reserved.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: October 16, 2006 03:44

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think so. I think they will take a long
> winter break, do some stuff late spring, in the
> rest of the world, then hit Europe as early as
> they can in the summer, with as many shows as they
> can do in the time frame they have reserved.

Well, bv would know better than most of us. However... while I do doubt there would be another US leg, it is not out of the relem of possibility.

I just think that, as bv has posted before... if this IS the last big tour that there COULD be some more US shows

one thing I am pretty sure of is that I have not seen my last Stones show. I am confident there will be smaller tours and apperences in the years to come

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 16, 2006 03:45

yeah Marv, imagine Mick and Keith on stools playing a 15 song acoustic set for 2500 lucky people!

Date: October 16, 2006 03:57

J.J.Flash Wrote:
> yeah Marv, imagine Mick and Keith on stools
> playing a 15 song acoustic set for 2500 lucky
> people!

I would do my damn best to be one of those 2500 lucky people

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:00

I have heard worse ideas than the stones doing an acoustic set.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: October 16, 2006 06:54

I tried to get my Stones sources to confirm or deny more US shows next year. All I got back was a cryptic comment that went "more than a few people around here are looking forward to the end of this tour".

Date: October 16, 2006 14:48

Long John Stoner Wrote:
> I tried to get my Stones sources to confirm or
> deny more US shows next year. All I got back was a
> cryptic comment that went "more than a few people
> around here are looking forward to the end of this
> tour".

Thats not a no

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 16, 2006 15:22

its certainly a lot closer to a 'no', than it is to a 'yes'...and a quite intriguing and in it's own way revealing statement.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 16, 2006 15:48

I think they are fed up with touring.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 16, 2006 15:51

Wouldn't you be ?

They appear to be committed to making good what they "owe" to Europe, together with whatever additional dates make the schedule practical and worthwhile.
What more can be expected or hoped for ?

Date: October 16, 2006 16:00

Nothing. The band (or rather, certain members) are clearly in dire need of a rest. They dont owe the world another year of globetrotting, least of all those who've seen them ample times already this tour.

Posted by: StonesLicks2002 ()
Date: October 16, 2006 16:10

The European Tour 2007 will not start at May. It'll start second or third week of June in Barcelona, Spain, Stadi Olimpic.

The European dates will not announced till the Fall US leg finish at Hawaii.

Date: October 16, 2006 16:43

If its starting as late as you say it is, then theres no way they'll be able to play the rumoured amount of 40 shows by the end of August

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 16, 2006 17:08

When this tour is over, it's ALL over. At least when it comes to shows.
This is what I think.

Even if they maybe let the door open now to do some small shows or minitours in the future. But when/if they're sitting down and planning gigs I don't think they think it's worth a lots of rehearsals and other work for a limited number of shows.

Date: October 16, 2006 17:15

Thommie Wrote:
> When this tour is over, it's ALL over. At least
> when it comes to shows.
> This is what I think.
>
>

if you mean after the European shows next summer, then I think you're correct

Date: October 16, 2006 17:28

StonesLicks2002 Wrote:
> The European Tour 2007 will not start at May.
> It'll start second or third week of June in
> Barcelona, Spain, Stadi Olimpic.
>
> The European dates will not announced till the
> Fall US leg finish at Hawaii.

LATE JUNE

I agree with Gazza, there is no way they can do the 40 or even 30 shows before the end of August with a late june start.

With Europe... the earlier start the better

I also think that while the tour is taking its toll and probably is the last huge road show that they could fill in the big spring gap with shows.

I have been to 7 ABB shows, I really don't want to spend the $$ more US shows would cost me (I know, I am powerless... if I can get there I HAVE TO GO)
I really don't want more US shows nor do I expect them

BUT I have heard rumors and I see that it is possible

Date: October 16, 2006 18:05

Marv

they're knackered. I dont blame you for wanting to see the Stones every couple of months but its not realistically going to happen. Read between the lines of Stoner's post above.

Besides, if they were to throw in ANOTHER US tour for the spring, I think about half of their already more than patient European fanbase would make a funeral pyre out of their tickets for next summer in disgust.

get your passport out and fly to Europe!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 16, 2006 21:55

Yeah at this point, it would almost be better for them (and us), to take a long break. This current schedule is ridiculous. They are playing Seattle on Tues. and rather then stay on the west coast, they are going back east to New York. Who's bright idea was that? Please don't tell me it was michael cohl again. Come on, don't the stones have a say in anything?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 16, 2006 22:57

The European tours normally start in May. I can't see any reason why they should start any later. Absolutely no reason, unless somebody (like Mick or Keith) have a very important project booked long time ago. But there is nothing more important than the Stones for them I think...

And it seems like many of you don't want to remember a very important statement made by Mick Jagger himself in Rolling Stone magazine a week or so ago: He does not want “to spend the whole year doing shows".

Bjornulf

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: October 17, 2006 12:00

PedroThePimp Wrote:
> Let me add some fuel to the FIRE!!!!!!
>
> Anyone here listen to the Alice Cooper radio
> show?
>
> I did not hear it first hand but a friend of mine
> that has attended several Stones shows with me
> told me that he heard Alice (during his radio
> show) say that he would be opening for the Stones
> in St Louis at the new Bush Stadium that is
> scheduled to open in the Spring
>
> I have hesitated to say this ...cause I have no
> proof and I did not hear it first hand
>
> So blast me if ya want!!!!!

The "New" Busch Stadium opened in the spring of 2006. Perhaps your friend only told you about it now, but heard it last year.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home