Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What about new album?!?
Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 1, 2009 00:56

Yes, Mick and Keith are working separately but towards a common goal. Apparrantly Mick Taylor will fuse the whole thing together with his guitar over-dubs done long distance from pissing rooms in the back of seedy bars while he is on his endless pub tour. It will be their best recording since Exile.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 1, 2009 04:30

Addicted knows all?

HA HA HA HA HA!

Addicted always says stuff has been recorded. Been saying it all the past 2 years. He knows nothing. Everybody knows nothing. Besides, it means nothing. It doesn't change ANYTHING. We will know when there is official word. Until then, there is nothing official, nothing to believe.

Date: December 1, 2009 10:04

skipstone
Addicted knows all?

HA HA HA HA HA!

Addicted always says stuff has been recorded. Been saying it all the past 2 years. He knows nothing. Everybody knows nothing. Besides, it means nothing. It doesn't change ANYTHING. We will know when there is official word. Until then, there is nothing official, nothing to believe.

Personally, I find it interesting that someone on this board gets reports straight from the horse's mouth, when it comes to news about my favourite band. That is what Addicted (a she btw) gives us. Way to go!

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: December 1, 2009 10:42

Oh, I prefere ghost of news to no news at all)). And hope it comes true... And am waiting for misterious album with all courage - I like A Bigger Bang very much, both music (and Jagger on slide and bass, yessss) and lyrics...(I like it so much, that play and sing This Place is Empty to all my friends,even those not knowing a word in English, who have no strength to stop me ))))

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 15, 2009 17:57

Any news about Mick & Keith are writing new stuff or recording demos?!?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:26

T&A
my sources indicate that elton john is featured as the arranger/keyboardist...leavell has left the building....
youre kidding me about chuck ?

Date: December 15, 2009 18:28

Didn't know Addicted was a chick.

Sorry Addicted.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 15, 2009 19:17

Duane in Houston
It will be their best recording since Exile.

LOL hot smiley

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 15, 2009 19:24

The Greek
T&A
my sources indicate that elton john is featured as the arranger/keyboardist...leavell has left the building....

would i kid about something like this?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2009 21:03

T&A
The Greek
T&A

what about ex tubes/grateful dead keyboards vince welnick (got along pretty good with ole jerry )

Date: December 15, 2009 21:05

Let's hope T&A is wrong.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 15, 2009 21:26

T&A is kidding. Next you'll tell me that Elton John supplanted Billy Preston for most of a gig in '75. Sheesh, some people will believe anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-15 21:26 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: December 15, 2009 23:50

I didn't believe it Rocky! But I did just have to say it...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 16, 2009 00:16

Oh I wasn't busting your balls, skipstone - look at my reference to the '75 tour.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: December 16, 2009 00:28

71Tele
<< i love abb very much, it's up there for me, but not for you >>

It was worth the price of admission just to hear MJ on slide guitar and bass. Maybe he'll play drums next time.

Of course, Mick supposedly played drums on the demos for ABB. I can't prove it but I think I hear him still on some tracks -- like the kick in Laugh, I Nearly Died could be Mick couldn't it? Are there any drummers that want to weigh in on this issue?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 16, 2009 19:12

......have they gone off the grid or what????

Date: December 16, 2009 20:18

From what I recall some of Mick's drumming is sampled into Rain Falls Down, some of the fills. He admitted to it being very little being used.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: December 16, 2009 21:37

I hope:

1. A new record in summer 2010, wich will be a success
2. When the album is out, they load up loads of energy til' the tour starts in Europe summer 2010. Winter '10 US and Spring '11 they tour Asia.
3. What happends then, I dont know. But probably stop doing tours&albums...

thats what I hope

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 16, 2009 21:51

texas fan
71Tele
<< i love abb very much, it's up there for me, but not for you >>

It was worth the price of admission just to hear MJ on slide guitar and bass. Maybe he'll play drums next time.

Of course, Mick supposedly played drums on the demos for ABB. I can't prove it but I think I hear him still on some tracks -- like the kick in Laugh, I Nearly Died could be Mick couldn't it? Are there any drummers that want to weigh in on this issue?
He played drums because Charlie was sick.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 16, 2009 21:58

I'm sure that Mick & Keef are writing or recording demos of new stuff somewhere in the world (Mick's castle in France?!?)

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 16, 2009 22:03

Does anybody know if Ronnie Wood's soloalbum will come or if was it just a joke?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 16, 2009 22:13

windmelody
Does anybody know if Ronnie Wood's soloalbum will come or if was it just a joke?

we know it's ready for release incl. artwork - but when it should come out - no idea sad smiley

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 16, 2009 22:14

The Greek
T&A
The Greek
T&A

what about ex tubes/grateful dead keyboards vince welnick (got along pretty good with ole jerry )

he'd be a fabulous replacement if he were only breathing....

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 17, 2009 00:05

the songs for a great album/CD are there. some may need to be reworked, some are most likely great the way they are. the trick is to find the best songs possible. sometimes the decisons made by MJ and KR are not always the best ones.

if they left off "under the radar" and 'we dont wanna go home" off of ABB, just think what other gems from previous recording sessions are "in the can".

i'd love to see a 2 CD release like exile on main street.

MJ and KR harmonies, no back up vocals, and a prominent lead guitar. KR has one song and it better be a rocker.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 17, 2009 00:28

windmelody

this question has occurred to me, too. It's pretty sad when it comes to that.

hopefully if there's another album, charlie will be more inspired. His playing on ABB sounds as if it could have been sampled from one track and used on every song. Couldn't hurt to hear a little more of mick, IMO, if only for a change of pace.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 17, 2009 00:51

I doubt it.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 17, 2009 01:28

coming home from work today i heard start me up on my local radio station in NY and after the song they said a new album and tour by the stones in 2010, he didnt say rumor he said its gonna happen, no surprise really to be honest but its good to hear. btw they did not mention anything about woody not being part of it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-19 08:20 by melillo.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: December 17, 2009 19:45

With Ronnie never really having been out of the tabloids recently - and no new album being mentioned there - does that mean he will have to overdub his parts again on the new one - if they already have a lot of stuff recorded?

All 5 of them need to be in a room and jam for their new music to sound good. Otherwise, it'll be just like the studio version of "Streets Of Love" which sounds just like an underdeveloped demo compared to the live version.
We want the songs to be fully developed when they come out on the album.

I know it's one of the dangers of modern day recording equipment that you can totally overdub all the feeling out of a song by just editing and overdubbing endlessly. Please, dear Stones, don't do that again. It's audible when there is interaction between the musicians recording at the same time because it's the fun they have when they're recorded all at the same time. That fun is not heard on "Streets Of Love", for example.
So please keep it simple and jam. Thank you.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 19, 2009 00:55

billwebster-

excellent point you make regarding "streets of love". the guitar solo, if you can call it that, makes me cringe. don was had his head in his rectum on that one also. the producer should have pushed for something more acceptable and i am certain that the guitar players on this message board could have come up with something better than that turd of a solo. OOOOFFF.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 19, 2009 05:17

windmelody

Yes, and yes.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home