Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Exile -deluxe edition
Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: December 19, 2009 17:16

What happend to this? Is it gonna be released?

Re: Exile -deluxe edition
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 19, 2009 17:23

Later this year ......still got two weeks to go

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 19, 2009 18:33

When Ronnie's album comes out.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: December 19, 2009 18:34

NICOS
Later this year ......still got two weeks to go

No sooner than March of 2010.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: December 19, 2009 18:43

I think its gonna disapoint us
dont know why, I just think it will

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 19, 2009 18:48

March/April 2010

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 19, 2009 18:52

from what I've heard by reliable sources it will be worth the wait!

Date: December 19, 2009 18:52

May/June 2010.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 19, 2009 18:54

Doctor Dear!
I think its gonna disapoint us
dont know why, I just think it will

I feel the same way, lets hope we are wrong

Date: December 19, 2009 19:00

July/August 2010.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 19, 2009 19:04

first it was fall 09 then early 10 now mid to late 10 . lol

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: December 19, 2009 19:34

It takes them longer to prepare deluxe edition of an old album than most bands need to record a brand new album. Not a good sign.

Date: December 19, 2009 19:37

September/October 2010!

At the rate it's going of any news about it I bet when it does come out no one is going to even know about it.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 19, 2009 20:02

By the time it will be November/December it will be released and consider as an oldy

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: December 19, 2009 22:37

It would be nice to hear some alternate versions and outakes. Hopefully some blistering guitar from Mick Taylor. As far as thge outakes..I dont think The Stones would put out songs done half-way..So what can we hope for:

*Criss Cros Man
* Potted Shrimp
& Leather Jacket
* Travelling Man
* Jiving Sister Fanny
*Exile On Main Street Blues
* Good Time Women
* I Got A Letter

And Maybe Some Great Alternate Versions

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 19, 2009 23:04

At least Mick T. will earn some new songwriting royalty money for "Ventilator Blues" with sales of deluxe edition.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 19, 2009 23:20

Yes, but he earns songwriting royalties every time EXILE is bought or downloaded. The latest reissue isn't going to add up to much one way or the other as sales will likely not be considerably more than it was for Virgin the last fifteen years.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 19, 2009 23:21

I don't know a lot about this deluxe Exile.

Is this what Don Was was supposedly working on?

If so, what do you guys think of him in this role, over someone else? is he the right man for the job?

This may be an unfounded concern, but I would love for a remixed deluxe Exile to sound more like is original self, rather than a totally modernized 21st century version of its former self. Like how much can you clean up or clarify Exile and still have it retain the musty muggy broiling Nellecote basement atmosphere?

What dyou think?

- swiss

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 19, 2009 23:44

Anyone of the hardcore fans on this site would be able to put together a brilliant extras CD of outtakes from the Exile sessions and before. All we can hope for is that we get unreleased material in better quality than ever before. I would be surprised if anything is unearthed from the sessions that we don't already have. My hope is that we get an accompanying DVD of the Ladies And Gentleman film.

Date: December 20, 2009 00:18

From what all was said it seems that Was was working on mixes for the extra tracks. There was concern, rightfully so, that he would ruin the original sound of the recordings, making it sound more modern than what they would have sounded like then.

I'm quite sure he could ruin the sound if he really wanted to but I don't think that's his goal. And I'm sure it would end up sounding more like the time because of the equipment involved. OK so they uploaded it to Pro Tools without a doubt - it's still analog to digital. There's no making the drums sound any better because they're still only on 2 tracks. And it's all on TAPE! Which, no matter what anyone tells you, is still and always will be the best way to record music period.

The only thing that might end up different is if Was mixed Mick's voice higher.

But as far as I can recall nothing was ever said officially about what he was actually doing with the extra tracks other than he was "working" on them.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 20, 2009 00:27

skipstone
From what all was said it seems that Was was working on mixes for the extra tracks. There was concern, rightfully so, that he would ruin the original sound of the recordings, making it sound more modern than what they would have sounded like then.

I'm quite sure he could ruin the sound if he really wanted to but I don't think that's his goal. And I'm sure it would end up sounding more like the time because of the equipment involved. OK so they uploaded it to Pro Tools without a doubt - it's still analog to digital. There's no making the drums sound any better because they're still only on 2 tracks. And it's all on TAPE! Which, no matter what anyone tells you, is still and always will be the best way to record music period.

But as far as I can recall nothing was ever said officially about what he was actually doing with the extra tracks other than he was "working" on them.

Thanks! I knew no details -- just knew something was happening, and remember when Courtney Love tweeting about being with Don Was in the studio, gushing about hearing Keith's isolated riffs.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 24, 2009 21:00

Rumour has it, they're working on improved cover art. smiling bouncing smiley

Date: December 24, 2009 21:48

swiss
skipstone

Thanks! I knew no details -- just knew something was happening, and remember when Courtney Love tweeting about being with Don Was in the studio, gushing about hearing Keith's isolated riffs.

Do we think remixing EOMS will make it better? Part of its charm is its grungy analog mix with MJ's buried vocals. Can't wait to hear it, but I hope they don't mess with perfection. I know Jagger has never liked the mix.

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: December 24, 2009 22:33

If they were smart they'd put out a 4 CD box set:

CD 1 - Original Mix remastered
CD 2 - New mix
CD 3 - Outtakes, unreleased stuff, alternate versions
CD 4 - Live 1972 Tour songs
(or add a DVD)

and then sell it cheap at Best Buy like they did with the recent 4 DVD sets. Certainly a release like this deserves a bit of fanfare somehow.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 24, 2009 23:19

A great opportunity to release a full 1972 concert. Let's hope for the best!

Date: December 24, 2009 23:22

There's never been mention of Exile being remixed for this reissue. Don't know why people keep talking about that.

Ha ha, working on the cover. Maybe they're remastering the cover?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 24, 2009 23:47

I wonder if they still have this billboard...
They can put it back up

Posted by: turd ()
Date: December 24, 2009 23:57

It takes time to wipe all Bills bass lines and re do them.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 25, 2009 00:39

turd, i was just about to make a similar comment until reading yours!

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: December 25, 2009 00:55

turd
It takes time to wipe all Bills bass lines and re do them.

Hah!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home