Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Band introductions
Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: October 5, 2006 23:06

Now this is just about giving everybody a break, can become boring if you have seen it 60 times. Sometimes introductions are different though. The ones I liked most were the ones they did on the VL tour because Ronnie was allowed to introduce Mick ...and he had some very funny ideas. It was always a good laugh and even Mick seemed to enjoy it a lot. So why did they skip that part on the following tours I wonder.....?

Re: Band introductions
Posted by: turd ()
Date: October 5, 2006 23:53

I often thought that Mick should be 'introduced' - he does have an important part to play and should be applauded like the rest of the band.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 6, 2006 00:03

it's a break for the band in general and Mick, specifically. that's the main purpose it serves.

Date: October 6, 2006 00:16

We know that, but why no introduction of Mick - by Ronnie like in 94/95 ??? That was real fun!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 6, 2006 00:24

rrronnie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We know that, but why no introduction of Mick - by
> Ronnie like in 94/95 ??? That was real fun!

Could you give some examples? I think I've missed something.

Posted by: MICK_JAGGER ()
Date: October 6, 2006 00:24

weeelll...........mick doesnt really NEED an introduction....frankly, the majority of the crowd, is in mick's palms, and are screaming for what he does (a crazy dance move, vocals) but also scream for keith, and EVERYONE knows its mick jagger, even casual fans and children (easy name to remember i guess?) and it just seems full of himself if he introduces himself, but i liked the intro in voodoo lounge tour that ronnie did

Date: October 6, 2006 20:23

Yes, franzk, here are some examples. Btw, you can find all comments between the songs of all shows in the incredible book ofZimmermann/Reuthebuch called "Words of Wonder".
...and in the red corner...Mick Jagger (Raleigh 94)
...the wild soldier of Soldier Field,,,Mick Jagger (Chicago 94)
...and one of the two men south of the river Thames...MJ (Philly 94)
...he hates this, but, the man who changed the definition of the meaning of sex in the dictionary....MJ (Columbia, 94)
...what do you do when you lost the king? You have MJ. (Memphis 94)
...and a lot warmer than he looks - MJ (Ames, 94)
...and an early Halloween president - MJ (Pasadena 94)
...and, may I say, dressed as Mick Jagger...Mick Jagger (Oakland Halloween Show 94)
... and the man who has everything, including my shirt...MJ (Atlanta 94)
...Can I have 10 minutes silence, for the expensivegynecologist...MJ (Tampa 94)
...the only man whose cock bums port...MJ (Lisboa 95)
and a nice one from Leipzig 95: ...I'm not gonna let Mick Jagger introduce himself, so I'm gonna say, ladies and gentlemen, with us til the end...Mick Jagger.
Wouldn't it be great to have these funny comments of Ronnie back on the show?
Of course Mick doesn't need an introduction, but does Keith ? Ronnie ? Charlie ?

Posted by: Chav Watch ()
Date: October 6, 2006 20:32

Can't see the point of introducing the Stones themesleves. If anyone needs an introduction they shouldn't be there. Introduce the sidemen by all means.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 6, 2006 21:49

..they could do the song "the name game" fee fy foe charlie,, charlie charlie foe charlie....

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: October 6, 2006 23:43

My favorite (non-Stones) band introductions were by Roger Waters on his first solo tour in 1984 with Eric Clapton. He said something like "You know me. You know him. Now here's the rest of the band..." Him meaning Clapton of course.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 7, 2006 07:28

that sounds like the handsome girls intro: "I think like, you know... like you know everyone elese here right? were gunna introduce you to our piano players, we got two piano players. First piano players a guy whos been with us for years, hes called Ian Stewart...hes been around. And aslo playin keyboards we got Mac from the small faces".

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-07 08:06 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: October 7, 2006 17:52

My favorite line :

"If the Pilgrims had discovered cats, we'd be eating pussy on Thanksgiving instead of turkey.

MJ-Nov 24 2005 in Denver.

This was followed by Ronnie dancing on stage with someone in a giant turkey outfit.

I guess you had to be there.............

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: October 7, 2006 18:08

Ronnie Wood's gay! Keith, of course, is completely straight! hilarious

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home