Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Bob Dylan & The Band 1974 show sees the light of the day on Wolfgangs Vault
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 20, 2009 22:54

Just up at Wolfgangs Vault, this hour - Bob Dylan & The Band live at Madison Square Garden 01/31/74....both shows; though incomplete - historic and excellent stuff!
The first show is a terrific upgrade from previous sources....great listen; I am doing so right now
Afternoon show
[www.wolfgangsvault.com]
Evening show
[www.wolfgangsvault.com]
Thought it was worth a topic of it's own....there's other people here who'll be interested, so...

Re: OT: Bob Dylan & The Band 1974 show sees the light of the day on Wolfgangs Vault
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 20, 2009 22:56

I just recently saw the last Waltz DVD for the first time. Amazing. So Id Def. be interested in this. thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-20 22:57 by ryanpow.

Re: OT: Bob Dylan & The Band 1974 show sees the light of the day on Wolfgangs Vault
Date: November 20, 2009 22:57

ryanpow
I just recently saw the last Waltz DVD for the first time. Amazing. So Id Def. be interested in this. thanks.

This is quite different from The Last Waltz, especially Dylan's deliverance - they're both excellent in their own ways

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-20 22:58 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 20, 2009 22:58

thanks erik - i assume hungercity will be hosting the torrents soon....

Date: November 20, 2009 23:00

JTT is probably busy making artworks now, Tod

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 21, 2009 01:20

Can't wait to hear it. I don't do torrent sites anymore but perhaps it will find it's way onto Quality Bootz or Guitars 101.
I've just got a new boot DVD of Dylan at Wembley 74 with Mick Taylor on it. I was there and Mick played out of his skin.

Date: November 21, 2009 01:24

Silver Dagger, the links there are not to a torrent-site; it's a web-stream; you listen as if it was a radio.

That's a fun watch, that Wembley 84 footage.....had it on VHS for 15 years...not DVD though; especially funny that the guy filming it from the stage is hiding behind an amp...and move about when some other guy see what he's doing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-21 01:33 by Erik_Snow.

Date: March 30, 2011 15:40

New "Dylan sensation" on Wolfgangs Vaults!

The Rolling Thunder Revue at Lowell, Massachussetts, Nov. 2nd 1975
Unfortunately not the entire show....but what's to complain about - there weren't any recordings of this concert available at all, before now

Excellent excellent stereo quality.....you gotta listen to this....

[www.wolfgangsvault.com]

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: March 30, 2011 16:38

Rolling Thunder tour thread already here:

[www.iorr.org]

Date: March 30, 2011 16:39

Oops, sorry Rank Stranger, didn't see that thread of yours

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: March 30, 2011 16:41

insanely good quality -- fantastic separation of instruments

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 30, 2011 16:46

...too bad that Dylan screaming his way through the concert instead of singing

2 1 2 0

Date: March 30, 2011 16:49

Come On
...too bad that Dylan screaming his way through the concert instead of singing

come on, you gotta be kidding!

fantastic vocals all the way

Date: March 30, 2011 16:53

If we're talking 'Before the Flood' I'm not...horrible singing from Mr Dylan I think..I haven't been listen to the album for 35 years so I may pick it up tonight already...smiling smiley things might change you never know...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: March 30, 2011 16:59

he's not in yelling mode quite yet -- though i love those shows too.

with no yelling it feels like something is missing -- like the slower pace of the desire songs from the early rolling thunder shows.

Date: March 30, 2011 17:02

huh! everything with the rolling thunder shows is brilliant to my ears...smiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: March 30, 2011 17:05

Come On
If we're talking 'Before the Flood' I'm not...horrible singing from Mr Dylan I think..I haven't been listen to the album for 35 years so I may pick it up tonight already...smiling smiley things might change you never know...

Oh I thought you meant the 1975 show.

Yes - 1974 was not Bob's best year - he sounds a bit forced.....and in a rush

1974 is still good though, but no contender for 1975/1976/1978, I'd say.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 30, 2011 17:37

Come On
huh! everything with the rolling thunder shows is brilliant to my ears...smiling smiley

Agree..one of his better tours and musician selections

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 31, 2013 04:13

Before the Flood is the album that made me become a Dylan fan, some 25 years ago, and for this I have a deep appreciation for it. As the years passed by, I had always thought about how it was to be in any of the gigs that originated the album, because there was no much footage circulating.

Today I found these videos, and some of them I have never seen before, with audience footage from that tour, including a 20-minute video.

[www.dailymotion.com]

[www.dailymotion.com]

[www.dailymotion.com]

[www.dailymotion.com]

[www.dailymotion.com]

[www.dailymotion.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home