Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Beatles unreleased album after split (rubbish)
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: November 17, 2009 13:42

[www.thebeatlesneverbrokeup.com]

check this out (hope it wasn´t posted before)

Re: OT: The Beatles unreleased album after split (rubbish)
Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 17, 2009 14:31

With this not being true, we can still always quote John and Yoko's mantra "Imagine" on the topic of such recordings, like it could be quoted on anyting really.

Starkey, Harrison, McCartney and Lynne were quoted during the Anthology promo campaign that they have jammed together quite a bit to get in the mood for recording the new stuff "Free As A Bird", "Real Love" and the unfinished and unreleased "Now And Then" or whatever it's called.
It probably was recorded as well but it appears that we'll probably never get to listen to these tapes because the artists themselves just don't want to mess with the legacy of the Beatles.

So there might be a "lost album" in the can somewhere, just not from the period when the former members of this band were still fighting their drink and drug problems.

Now let's talk Rolling Stones again, shall we?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 17, 2009 15:45

Sounds like somebody trying to get some publicity for their own band.

Date: November 17, 2009 15:50

I believe him.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 16:42

i consider a lost album to be a complete album that the artist had recorded, mixed made to be released and then at the last minute shelved by either the the record company or the artist having second thoughts instead of sifting through tapes of various recording sessions the artist has done over the yrs and then putting out a collection of unreleased material.

both of these can be an enjoyable listening experience but two diffent animals

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 17, 2009 17:22

ghostryder13
i consider a lost album to be a complete album that the artist had recorded, mixed made to be released and then at the last minute shelved by either the the record company or the artist having second thoughts instead of sifting through tapes of various recording sessions the artist has done over the yrs and then putting out a collection of unreleased material.

Yes, but either way, you DO realize that this Beatles tape is completely bogus, right?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 17, 2009 17:28

billwebster
Starkey, Harrison, McCartney and Lynne were quoted during the Anthology promo campaign that they have jammed together quite a bit to get in the mood for recording the new stuff "Free As A Bird", "Real Love" and the unfinished and unreleased "Now And Then" or whatever it's called.

Not sure how true that is. The Anthology project was all about making the greatest possible amount of money in return for the least possible amount of work. I doubt they spent more than a week together in the studio. And then it all ended up in a big fight.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 17, 2009 17:44

not surprised that a beetles album is rubbish

Date: November 17, 2009 17:51

tatters
ghostryder13

Yes, but either way, you DO realize that this Beatles tape is completely bogus, right?

of course i do, i'm just stating that the term "lost album" is tossed around way too freely

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 17, 2009 18:11

I think this album is real. They secretly recorded it in the USSR in mid 70-s. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out There was an urban legend like that winking smiley

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: November 17, 2009 21:22

There have been rumors for years about them getting together in the early 70's for some unsuccessful jams. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned about to be true, though there's 100% no doubt that this idiot's website and story are rubbish. I kind of doubt we'll ever find out, though the safest bet is to simply assume that those sessions that produced 'Abbey Road' were indeed the last time those 4 guys ever played in the same room together.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 18, 2009 01:11

"not surprised that a beetles album is rubbish"

So is your spelling

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 18, 2009 01:30

Has anyone ever asked McCartney about those 70s rumors? It HAS come to light that they seriously considered one of the reunion offers around 1974 or 75. There was correspondence from Lennon saying they were going to get back together. I don't believe it ever reached rehearsal stage though. Anyone have any insight?

Date: November 18, 2009 01:55

wikipedia

A Toot and a Snore in '74 is a bootleg album of the only known recording session in which John Lennon and Paul McCartney played together after the break-up of The Beatles. Mentioned by Lennon in a 1975 interview.details were brought to light in May Pang's 1983 book, Loving John, and it gained wider prominence when McCartney made reference to the session in a 1997 interview. Discussing with Australian writer Sean Sennett in his Soho office, McCartney claimed the "session was hazy... for a number of reasons".Lennon was producing Harry Nilsson's latest album, Pussy Cats, when Paul and Linda McCartney dropped in on the Los Angeles Record Plant session, aka the Jim Keltner Fan Club, on March 28, 1974. They were joined by Stevie Wonder, Harry Nilsson, Jesse Ed Davis, May Pang, Bobby Keys and producer Ed Freeman for an impromptu jam session.

Lennon was in his "lost weekend", separated from Yoko Ono and living in Los Angeles with May Pang. Sandford describes the scene as follows:

“The room froze when McCartney walked in, and remained perfectly silent until Lennon said, ‘Valiant Paul McCartney, I presume?’ McCartney responded: ‘Sir Jasper Lennon, I presume?’ [Valiant Paul and Sir Jasper were characters played by the two, in a televised Christmas play early in the Beatles's career.McCartney extended a hand, Lennon shook it, and the mood was pleasant but subdued, cordial but not especially warm, at least initially.” What followed was not very productive. Lennon sounds to be on cocaine—he can be heard offering Wonder a snort on the first track, and on the fifth, asks someone to give him a snort. This is also the origin of the album name, where John Lennon clearly asks: "You wanna snort, Steve? A toot? It's goin' round." In addition, Lennon seems to be having trouble with his microphone and headphones.

Lennon is on lead vocal and guitar, while McCartney sings harmony and plays drums. Stevie Wonder sings and plays electric piano, Linda McCartney on organ, May Pang on tambourine, Harry Nilsson provides vocals, Jesse Ed Davis is on guitar, producer Ed Freeman fills in on bass, Bobby Keys plays saxophone.

Track listing

1. "A Toot and a Snore" 0:27
2. "Bluesy Jam" 2:33
3. "Studio Talk" 2:40
4. "Lucille" 5:59
5. "Nightmares" 2:38
* Actually the band is playing "Sleep Walk", the 1959 Santo & Johnny instrumental hit.
6. "Stand By Me" - 2:18
* Mostly Lennon complaining about the sound in his headphones and reminiscing about how it was better half an hour ago.
7. "Stand By Me" 3:41
* Lennon complains about the sound again, saying that it was better two hours ago.
8. "Stand By Me" 6:04
* Because of Lennon's complaints, the studio has changed the microphone levels on the recording itself (rather than the performers' headphones), and most of the lead vocals can no longer be heard.
9. Medley 3:10

"Cupid"
"Chain Gang"
"Take This Hammer"

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: November 18, 2009 01:56

71Tele
Has anyone ever asked McCartney about those 70s rumors? It HAS come to light that they seriously considered one of the reunion offers around 1974 or 75. There was correspondence from Lennon saying they were going to get back together. I don't believe it ever reached rehearsal stage though. Anyone have any insight?

Apparently, Paul and John jammed together in 1974 and there were serious considerations about possible reunion but once John reconciled with Yoko, their plans fell through

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: November 18, 2009 02:02

Did any of you actually listen to the music? This is nothing more than a clever mash-up of the four Beatles' solo material. Mildly interesting but nothing great.

Somebody had an interesting idea and went to a lot of trouble to write the silly story and mix the unrelated solo material into something semi-coherent. Not so unlike the Love Soundtrack but amatuerish and commprised entirely of solo material.

Kudos for the work and for offering it up free, it's just not something that needs to be listened to more than about once.

Ross

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home