Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I hate fans singing at the concerts
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 14, 2009 16:48

Would like to know who was at Amsterdam 2006, July 31st, screeming all along the show.

I bet he's a iorrian member and, in such a case, I invite him to listen to the first part of this show:

[www.iorr.org]

or just this excerpt: [www.mediafire.com]

and tell us if it's acceptable that people wait years to see the boys, pay the ticket and then meet such kind of @#$%& doing his karaoke thoughout the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-15 10:26 by straycat58.

Re: I hate fans singing at the concerts
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 14, 2009 16:55

Straycat58...I feel your pain. It's happened to me at Stones concerts and more recently
at a Steely Dan show...not only singing but lame (& loud) conversations ... as if they were
home in their living room or something. Get a clue!

i hate fans singing in CD Stores too!

Yesterday there was a customer singing along to Billy Joel and tapping out the drum part on
a cd case........and then he stepped right in front of me when i was looking at DVDs.
Irked me....but I was in kind of a pissy mood already.

Thanks for letting me vent. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: November 14, 2009 17:00

I like singing at rock and roll shows.
and I even couldn't help myself screaming "Like A Rolling Stone" with Bob.

I hate people who can sit through 2-hour-long Stones' show.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 14, 2009 17:01

Hey! Sometimes I become SO DEEPLY MOVED that I MUST sing out loud! It all depends on how the spirit moves me .... or not. Sometimes I am the guy you are telling to shut up. Sometimes I am the guy telling YOU to shut up.

Date: November 14, 2009 17:09

Fact is you can sing everywhere, in your bathroom, in your car or under the shower and I wonder why you must come and sing over Mick Jagger.

I can understand just the chorus on YCAGWYW.

Please try yourself and downolad the first part only of this show and listen and you'll realize what is the result and how much you can annoy the others.
Think it could be a good lesson.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-14 17:17 by straycat58.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: November 14, 2009 17:23

I'm totally with you Stray Cat.

If you go to the cinema and someone sitting behind was talking along with the script the whole way through that wouldn't be acceptable would it?

I just don't get why people pay a fortune to go and see a band and then just treat it like a glorified karaoke event.

Just shut up and listen! angry smiley

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: November 14, 2009 17:26

Sometimes people are so wasted they don't know how awful they sound. It's one thing when the whole crowd is singing, but I've had shows nearly ruined by some completely bonkers and tone-deaf guy hollering out incorrect lyrics, etc, and that is quite offending.

Date: November 14, 2009 17:27

straycat58
Fact is you can sing everywhere, in your bathroom, in your car or under the shower and I wonder why you must come and sing over Mick Jagger.

I can understand just the chorus on YCAGWYW.

Please try yourself and downolad the first part only of this show and listen and you'll realize what is the result and how much you can annoy the others.
Think it could be a good lesson.

If I'm at a Ravi Shankar concert, I sit through the entire performance and don't say a word. A ROCK AND ROLL CONCERT doesn't require the same degree of respectful behaviour. In fact, sitting silently throughout A ROCK AND ROLL concert is a completely UNNATURAL behaviour. I sing. I dance. I tongue kiss my wife. I have fun.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 14, 2009 17:37

Hahaha ,straycat ! You made me laugh with that one !

I couldn't be more agree with you ....during my last show in Lyon ,things went even worse .I had beside me a group of four old fans ,they screamed during the whole show,they even tried to sing but as they were really drunk obviously ,the issue was awful.....and the worse is that they 've spilled beer on my jeans ..AND I HATE the smell of beer ....well ,I didn't get angry because ,after all ,they looked like kind Stones fans (smile ).And they seemed to have so much fun .smiling smiley

Edited for mistakes purposes .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-14 18:08 by SwayStones.

Date: November 14, 2009 17:46

There is a time and a place to shut up and listen, and there is a time and a place to have fun and pretend, for a little while, at least, that you're 19 again. I was once in a tiny blues club, seeing Robert Jr Lockwood, the stepson of Robert Johnson. He was about 81 at the time. He's on stage, singing Love In Vain. On the wall next to him are photos of famous bluesmen, including the famous photo of his stepfather. The moment just seemed to REQUIRE a respectful SILENCE. But everyone in the club was TALKING, not paying attention at all. I couldn't take it. I yelled out "QUIET!"

But if I'm at a Stones concert, and I see someone just sitting there with a glum look on their face, while everyone else is standing and dancing and singing and having a good time, I just think, "What the @#$%& is wrong with him?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-14 17:49 by tatters.

Date: November 14, 2009 17:53

I didn't write people must sit at their numbered place. Don't get me wrong.
We want to go back to the sixties? girls crying and shouting like mad?

I just ask people don't bother me and don't disturb the sound. No problem if everybody brings his wife, kiss, dance, takes dope, makes sex; they can do everything, even kill each other but..... without singing.

Were the people singing in Altamont? Maybe only one.... wonder why the Angels didn't like it.

Date: November 14, 2009 17:56

straycat58
I didn't write people must sit at their numbered place. Don't get me wrong.
We want to go back to the sixties? girls crying and shouting like mad?

I just ask people don't bother me and don't disturb the sound. No problem if everybody brings his wife, kiss, dance, takes dope, makes sex; they can do everything, even kill each other but..... without singing.

Were the people singing in Altamont? Maybe only one.... wonder why the Angels didn't like it.

Now you're just not making any sense at all. Something's bugging you. It's not people singing at concerts.

Date: November 14, 2009 17:58

come on, the reference to Altamont is a joke.
But you didn't catch it.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 14, 2009 18:22

I always prefer wild and singing crowd on the rock concert then the quiet and sitting on their chairs crowd!! But that's just me...

Posted by: Mister J ()
Date: November 14, 2009 18:27

People should not be allowed to move, dance, show any emotion, or sing during concerts exept when Mick ask them during Get What You Want.

I think this is very offensive for other people that are here just to have a good time.

Security people should thow them out !!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-14 18:30 by Mister J.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 14, 2009 18:33

You could sing all you want. I think it's f@#$%^& annoying though when idiots are trying to sing louder then the P. A. 3 inches from the back of your head.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-14 18:35 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 14, 2009 18:34

Singing at Concerts? sorry that I bother you , I tried to do my best>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-14 18:50 by NICOS.

Date: November 14, 2009 18:37

Bringing to a concert an amplifier with a guitar and play your own solo on Midnight rambler?

P.S.: ehi, tatter, also this one is a joke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-14 18:40 by straycat58.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 14, 2009 18:39

Well, there are possible spots where singing along loudly doesn't really matter. For instance, when they Stones play SFTD, Start Me Up, You Got Me Rocking, JJF, Angie, Miss You, Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, etc - all songs that are not that important to hear Mick sing anymore.

Me, I don't sing along. I listen. For the most part. When I go see The Cult I have a hard time not singing along with certain songs. But then the entire venue is singing along with certain songs so it's hilarious.

When I saw the Stones in New Orleans for Voodoo it seemed like the only song that had any interest to the crowd was Satisfaction, for half of the tune I pissed in the big round sink in the bathroom.

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: November 14, 2009 18:41

Singing and dancing is not too bad (if they know the lyrics) but I've had people just Screaming at the top of their lungs and yodelling,whistling,clapping their hands, waving, jumping up and down, so you couldn't even see the musicians and even waving their plastic cups with beer spilling on you - that's really horrible.

PS: After a song is finished I also like to holler something for applause instead of just clapping my hands - but that is something completely different...

Date: November 14, 2009 18:46

Do you know who started this habit of the sing-along?
In the 70's I don't remember it. Nor during the punk age.
It arrived probably in the late eighties. I personally remember a concert of the Iron Maiden with the sing-along.

Just came up: Rod Stewart, saw at the TV, people singing Sailing.. don't know which year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-14 18:48 by straycat58.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 14, 2009 18:48

Well I would'nt sing at a concert if I know the guy next to me is taping it. But the tapers don't exactly advertise their work now do they?eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: November 14, 2009 18:59

I think it depends on which show you are.When I was to Ac/Dc we were singing dancing all that stuff.The same goes for Rolling Stones especially if you are nearly front row.I don't think I would that in a B.B King concert where everyone is quite.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 14, 2009 18:59

Mister J
People should not be allowed to show any emotion, .

Mister J , is this you ?? ? I can't believe you're talking like that !!

I DO REMEMBER what you wrote :" no emotions & feelings & thrills & desire while listening the Stones music .....only a technical fit for a true analysis ....Your own words ,right ? Please ,get the guts to reckon.

For your guidance ,Mr J , I can tell you I 've got crazy for sure at any Stones shows....Mais pas de la façon que tu imagines ...You're mistaken .

Some years ago ,a friend of mine was really surprised of/from my behaviour in a Stones show .
He didn't expect me to act as I did ..so screams ,no shouts ,no ripped T-shirt ....
HE TOLD ME THAT I WAS STARING THE STONES AS A LION IS READY TO JUMP ON A DOE..haha I am the doe.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 14, 2009 19:15

For the first show of the No Security tour at Oakland, there was a woman behind me wo was screaming so loud I couldn't hear the band. Now that's loud! By the way, I don't hate these people, just find them annoying...

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: November 14, 2009 19:33

The latest thing that I've noticed at concerts and sporting event are the corporate @#$%& who spend the entire night on their Blackberry or I-phones!
Stay home and talk to your friends!!MORONS!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 14, 2009 19:56

depends on the band, if it's the Who, I would prefer the fans.:-)

Posted by: kait ()
Date: November 14, 2009 19:58

more than this i hate completely wasted people
trying to get to the first row and spilling their
beer all over people who are standing in their way.
like it happened yesterday at the johnny winter concert.
i also had a few beers and was in a good mood, but they
were completely wasted.
the lame security throw them out only at the end of the encore.

Date: November 14, 2009 20:17

straycat58
come on, the reference to Altamont is a joke.
But you didn't catch it.

I caught it. You implied Hunter was killed because he sang.

Date: November 14, 2009 20:20

straycat58
Bringing to a concert an amplifier with a guitar and play your own solo on Midnight rambler?

P.S.: ehi, tatter, also this one is a joke.

Sometimes I DO bring a blues harp and play along. I don't think anyone else can hear it, though. It's not amplified.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1638
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home