Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Taylor vs The Jack Bruce Band
Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: November 16, 2009 19:51

Actually Tele71 I don't think Stones shows or albums were any longer challenging for MT. He could solo his way round the songs you mention in his sleep!

But he had a lot more freedom in the Stones' live context. Bruce's stuff would have been challenging (a breath of fresh air) - just as Oldfield's Tubular Bells had been previously.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 16, 2009 20:16

<< But he had a lot more freedom in the Stones' live context. Bruce's stuff would have been challenging (a breath of fresh air) - just as Oldfield's Tubular Bells had been previously. >>

This is more of what I meant. You put it better than me. I certainly can't argue with him wanting a breath of fresh air at that point. We can debate with what we know now how "fresh" it really was compared to his expectations! Maybe getting involved with a new group of junkies was not the freshest of air. He was obviously desperate to leave.

Poor Mick. Most of us go through life not having to deal with the judgment of others for decisions we made 35 years ago.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: November 18, 2009 03:54

Poor Mick?

Well, yes and no. He's been well blessed - with talents and opportunities.
Still blessed with ample talent - just wish he'd push himself a bit more - make more opportunities. Hope he makes it to the States again soon - long overdue.

Wish he'd record another album. The last one (13 years ago?) - showed a lot of promise - and he's been touring off it ever since!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 18, 2009 04:22

<< He's been well blessed - with talents and opportunities. >>

And cursed by bad judgment.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: November 20, 2009 02:28

If we can go back to the reason of breakup between Jack Bruce and Mick Taylor...

I've read the bio of Ginger Baker. He mentions that Jack wasn't a pleasant guy to work with. He's dominating the group in an awful way. Always. He did this with the Graham Bond Organization, Cream and I think with the Jack Bruce Band also.

That also could've caused the breakup. And yes, the heroin.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 20, 2009 11:51

Yeah, I'm guessing that Bruce is more complicated to work with compared to Mick and Keith, even if the Glimmers have high standards, a lot of integrity and interest in money and drugs.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home