Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
THE NEXT TOUR...A Party in LA
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 10, 2009 19:44

When The Rolling Stones have their tour dates firm I am thinking I should "hostess"an IORR party.

Venue will likely be Amoeba Music (they don't know it yet but they like me). I will spring for "refreshments"...maybe even "prizes." Amoeba is in the heart of early Stones action. The RCA building is across the street on Sunset. Sunset Sound is nearby etc. etc. Views of Hollywood Hills and sign.

Please remind me I have said this.

Re: THE NEXT TOUR...A Party in LA
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 10, 2009 20:29

Now ya talkin.

I'm planning on catching a few dates on the Stones tour around the US next time, and am trying to figure out where are the good places to go and see 'em. Reckon anywhere thats gonna have a rockin party are good places to start. Done the European tour a few times and fancy a change!

Saw them at Giants stadium once, but would really like to see them at Madison Square Garden (Ove - are you reading this! gonna try and twist your arm too my man! hahaaa.) Any other ideas where would be good places to ctach them on the North American tour. Gonna plan my trip around select dates on the tour I reckon.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 10, 2009 20:35

stonesrule
When The Rolling Stones have their tour dates firm I am thinking I should "hostess"an IORR party.

Venue will likely be Amoeba Music (they don't know it yet but they like me). I will spring for "refreshments"...maybe even "prizes." Amoeba is in the heart of early Stones action. The RCA building is across the street on Sunset. Sunset Sound is nearby etc. etc. Views of Hollywood Hills and sign.

I'm there.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: November 10, 2009 21:31

Monkeytonkman, think you should make LA and NY your two must stops in the USA.
No offense to any other city as I'd be happy to see the band anywhere but for transport, ambiance and the band really putting out their best those two places are like second homes for them.

Posted by: Oveinvain ()
Date: November 10, 2009 22:53

Monkeytonkman
Now ya talkin.

I'm planning on catching a few dates on the Stones tour around the US next time, and am trying to figure out where are the good places to go and see 'em. Reckon anywhere thats gonna have a rockin party are good places to start. Done the European tour a few times and fancy a change!

Saw them at Giants stadium once, but would really like to see them at Madison Square Garden (Ove - are you reading this! gonna try and twist your arm too my man! hahaaa.) Any other ideas where would be good places to ctach them on the North American tour. Gonna plan my trip around select dates on the tour I reckon.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

You know Gaz, New York and especially the partys at Walters would suite you fine, I'm sure of that!
Well let's make it there then. It's been a while since we had a drink togehter

[www.stonesvikings.com]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 10, 2009 23:17

stonesrule
I will spring for "refreshments"...Please remind me I have said this.

I'm gonna need plenty of refreshing !

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 11, 2009 01:16

stonesrule

Good on ya, Shaz, I like a woman who plans ahead.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 11, 2009 01:24

Brave lady! Already looking forward to it....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 11, 2009 01:31

Would love to be there...!

Date: November 11, 2009 01:38

I'm expecting you all. And, of course, Rrrrockman. This will be a "photo op" he'll never forget.

Date: November 11, 2009 02:07

Ove my friend. I think you have a deal. We better start saving now!!

Once I opened my Yaya's deluxe box set and saw the Gatefold photo in all it's glory I said to myself - now thats what I'm talking about. Madisons Square Gardens here we come! And of course I have seen your fantastic pictures of the last time you were there. I want to make sure I am in the next ones!!!

Keep on rockin mate. Much love to you and your family!

Gaz

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 11, 2009 02:37

And, of course, Rrrrockman

I'll be tryin' ... Let's see if my application for pay-roll, truck driver comes thru first ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 11, 2009 02:48

I'm thinkin' POSITIVE, Rockie.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 11, 2009 03:39

Anything I can do to assist stonesrule, please let me know (and I really mean it)!

Date: November 11, 2009 03:47

BluzDude...most definitely. Thanks.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 11, 2009 04:20

Count me in for MSG, if I can get tickets.
I vow to see them there.

Posted by: moosman ()
Date: November 11, 2009 04:35

I'm in, thanks for the invitation. If Amoeba doesn't pan out, I have an alternative suggestion.

Date: November 11, 2009 08:24

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 11, 2009 08:34

Any stop in the US/CA is a good stop to see the Stones.
I saw them in Calgary with an amazing crowd.
Then Seattle, Portland.
Coming to Anaheim the audience sucked compare to the other three.
Hollywoodbowl was very nice and San Diego was the hottest Midnight Rambler show besides the firing Lausanne in 2007.

I hope we see us around

Date: November 11, 2009 17:29

Well alright. LA for a shindig and New York for MSG. Things are starting to look pretty good. Just need a few places in between and I can start planning my holiday!!

Course, this is all before a tour has been announced. Just little details like dates, venues, prices, tickets, travel etc.

Ah bollocks, there just the little things. I'm going on holiday! Wayhay. Hahaa

Now. Let's Get Rockin'

Date: November 11, 2009 19:02

Rockman
And, of course, Rrrrockman

I'll be tryin' ... Let's see if my application for pay-roll, truck driver comes thru first ....
Hey Rockie.Maybe you can be the under assistant west coast promotions man.cool smiley

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 11, 2009 21:46

Monkeytonkman

Once I opened my Yaya's deluxe box set and saw the Gatefold photo in all it's glory I said to myself - now thats what I'm talking about. Madisons Square Gardens here we come! And of course I have seen your fantastic pictures of the last time you were there. I want to make sure I am in the next ones!!!

Gaz

The vikings will be there, it´s already planned.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 11, 2009 22:56

Hey Rockie.Maybe you can be the under assistant west coast promotions man

Well yeah been working for 'em for years... But it's just that they've never paid me...

ROCKMAN

Date: November 11, 2009 23:51

mickijaggeroo
Monkeytonkman

Gaz

The vikings will be there, it´s already planned.

Well alright. now we're taking. Things are starting to shape up. I got a good feelin in my bone about this.

I'm getting the urge for a big dose of the rock n roll's next year.

Lets get rockin' I'm sold man.

Date: November 12, 2009 02:07

moosman
I'm in, thanks for the invitation. If Amoeba doesn't pan out, I have an alternative suggestion.

Amoeba would be a great place. I'm sure stonesrule has the best connections here. Fortunately in L.A. there could be many alternatives. If it really came down to it I would have my bandmate try to convince Jerry Pressman to let us have the Key Club, or at least the Plush Lounge depending on how many people are expected.

Date: November 12, 2009 03:15

BluzDude
moosman

Amoeba would be a great place. I'm sure stonesrule has the best connections here. Fortunately in L.A. there could be many alternatives. If it really came down to it I would have my bandmate try to convince Jerry Pressman to let us have the Key Club, or at least the Plush Lounge depending on how many people are expected.
Maybe you could be the house band.smoking smiley

Date: November 12, 2009 03:23

Yes,the LA based IORR'ers can discuss pros and cons of all options. Privacy...convenient etc. Like when we first see the verified tour dates.

Date: November 12, 2009 04:59

stonesrule
Yes,the LA based IORR'ers can discuss pros and cons of all options. Privacy...convenient etc. Like when we first see the verified tour dates.

Sorry stonesrule, I'm a big picture guy, always thinking ahead, sometimes way too far ahead!

Date: November 12, 2009 06:18

No problemo. I'm the same way.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: November 12, 2009 06:23

Thanks, Wanton Witch...The Waddy Wachtel Band will be back at The Joint (Joe's Joint) on the 16th and 23rd of this month.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home