Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Amsterdam cancelled
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 21, 2006 19:53

According to Dutch news the postponed to 2007 Amsterdam show has been defenitively been cancelled.

Instead of going out with a big bang, the Stones are now choking. I find this really sad.

Mathijs

Re: Amsterdam cancelled
Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: June 21, 2006 19:57

LOOK ON OTHER THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 21, 2006 20:00

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-21 14:20 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 21, 2006 20:07

Its sad sad sad!!!!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 21, 2006 20:18

Well, if they want to finish the American tour in December then it would mean a too long break for them between December and the summer of 2007. They'd have to store that stage somewhere and other stuff.. That might be the reason for not happening of any 2007 summer shows.
But, how about a winter arena tour? 20 shows? Not additional rehearsals, no stadium stage storage needed...

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 21, 2006 20:20

8 shows in 1998-99, 6 shows in 2003, ONLY 1 NOW.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: June 21, 2006 20:24

Yeah i hate to say it. When i saw the New Zealand shows. Charlie said he's not playing past December 06 on the news down there. Maybe he wants to remain a Decembers Children when he goes out .

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: June 21, 2006 20:27

The is the announcement from mojo:

Begin deze maand werd door het management van de Stones bekend gemaakt dat hun Europese tournee opnieuw moest worden ingedeeld op advies van de artsen van Keith Richards. Voor Nederland hield dit in dat het eerste Rolling Stones concert dat zou plaatsvinden op zondag 30 juli is verplaatst naar de dag erna en dat het tweede concert zou worden verplaatst naar een latere datum.

Zojuist is echter bekend geworden dat dit tweede concert in Nederland alsnog niet doorgaat. Met het opstellen van het nieuwe tourschema is nu al gebleken dat Nederland niet in het tweede gedeelte van de tournee is in te passen. Over de overige Europese concerten die zijn uitgesteld is nog niets bekend gemaakt. Het concert op maandag 31 juli gaat gewoon door.

Gekochte kaarten voor de afgelaste show van 1 augustus kunnen vanaf donderdag 22 juni 10.00 uur worden geretourneerd bij de grotere postkantoren, VVV's, GWK's, Free Record Shops en de bekende voorverkoopadressen. Kaarten kunnen worden ingeleverd tot uiterlijk 1 september 2006.

In beperkte mate kunnen kaarten ook worden ingeruild voor het eerste concert op 31 juli. Wegens de verplaatsing van dit concert en enkele productionele aanpassingen zijn extra kaarten beschikbaar gekomen voor de eerste show.

Due to production adaptations there are for the concert on 31 july, there are extra tickets availebel: MY ASS, NOBOBY WANTS THE TICKETS ANYMORE. THEY CAN'T SELL THE ARENA OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

How about this e-mail from ticketnet.fr:

Madam, Mister,

To follow upon our preceding email, we confirm you that the 2 shows at Stade de France (June 3rd and July 2nd 2006) have been postponed.
We remind you that there's only 4 days left (until June 25th 2006) to book tickets for the first replacement show (Friday July 28, 2006 at Stade de France) before General Public Sales opening.

Book your tickets

If the link doesn't work, you can copy the following link in a browser :

[partenaires.ticketnet.fr]

We thank you for confidence that you grant to us

THEY BEG US TO BUY TICKETS. THE EVEN HAVE TO DO A NEW GENERAL SALE AFTER MERGING TWO CONCERTS INTO ONE.

SAME THINK WITH LONDEN. THANK GOD WEMBLEY ISN'T READY. TWIKS IS MUCH SMALLER AND ISN'T SOLD OUT!

THIS WAS BEFORE OURS BOOZER FELL OUT OF A TREE; DID HE FELL OUT OF A TREE??????
I WANT TO SEE THE HOLE IN HIS HEAD BECAUSE I CONSIDER MYSELF AS A STOCKHOLDER OF THE ROLLING STONES LTD BECAUSE I HAD 13 TICKETS, NOW STILL 8! (BTW I ALREADY SAW 60 CONCERTS SO I AM A SERIOUS CLIENT SINCE 1982)

IN BELGIUM THE MINISTER OF CONSUMENT AFFAIRES IS LOOKING INTO THE INTERNET RIPOFF THROUGH THE 'FANCLUB' 100 USD SYSTEM!

JAGGER CAN REFUND MY PLANE TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: June 21, 2006 20:48

Your TELLING ME!!! I ate 1,500 For there first F***_ **. Now I just hope everything goes well with Woody because i just made all my plans again! They are just going to let us down slow for the 07 stuff there is no 07!! I feel bad for the Euros i live in the states and saw 10 shows not including Mexico and NZ. That's not cool for you guys!! But i think ticket sales are way down this double dose did not help matters i almost cancelled everthing when i heard about Woody.Now RS.Com is sending me those special tickets packages for like 500 to 800 Cheaper then from from the begining! It's SAD SAD SAD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-21 20:55 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: June 21, 2006 21:00

Face the facts, the Rolling Stones have made one tour to much. The Licks tour with the three kinds of shows could have been a fantastic moment to say farewell after forty years on stage. It reminds seeing Zidane these days at the world cup. It`s so sad when they don`t know that it`s time to say goodbye.
STOP THESE TOUR WITH A BIG BANG!!!!

It`s better to burn out than just to fade away....

http://www.feelinggood24.de/page-rauchstop.html';]

[/url]

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: June 21, 2006 21:17

Keep it to one topic people.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: June 21, 2006 21:30

Strike: you have hit the point. However I saw the bigger band shows in the US and was surprised how good they were.
I just don't think they should announce a tour for one year or so. Charlie doesn't like it and the other might have problems too. Why not just doing an arena tour now and then.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: June 21, 2006 21:38

Strike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Face the facts, the Rolling Stones have made one
> tour to much. The Licks tour with the three kinds
> of shows could have been a fantastic moment to say
> farewell after forty years on stage. It reminds
> seeing Zidane these days at the world cup. It`s so
> sad when they don`t know that it`s time to say
> goodbye.
> STOP THESE TOUR WITH A BIG BANG!!!!

I know what you mean Strike, but I was fortunate enough to fly out from Scotland to the States in January at the end of Jan and caught them in St Louis. They were as good as ever. The delays/cancellations etc are really sad but the gigs they do play will be amazing Im sure. Im sure there are still tix available for Glasgow, cause they are advertizing it on the radio etc. Maybe those worried about never seeing em in Europe again should get over here for that one. If you do, we'll see you in the Solid Rock in Hope St beforehand!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home