Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Macca comments about stones....
Date: June 1, 2006 05:49

Online Journal of Great Britain-5/31/06: Former Beatles star Paul McCartney has joined the bandwagon of public denounciation against Mick Jagger and his stones. Yesterday, McCartney said Jagger is a "girly, feminine embarrassment and should be banned from entering arenas." Then Sir Paul went on to say, "Thinking of it, keep that guy out of stadiums and small theatres too. We've heard Satisfaction way too many times, and this guy has had seven wives, I've only had two. His lyrics are terrible, what meaning does Brown Sugar have? I dont wanna hear some song about a fat brown lady dancing." Also Paul expressed his comical amusement of the Keith Richards story in Fiji. Paul Commented, "What was he doing climbing that tree? Looking for drugs?"(laughter follows) McCartney then went on to attack Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, saying he "looks like a skeleton that was outside of my house last halloween." Paul commented that he needed to go settle some divorce matters with Heather, but would be back for more commenting about the stones tomorrow.

Re: Macca comments about stones....
Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: June 1, 2006 05:55

well, alright, i say lets go egg his house.

at least Jagger was able to keep his band together for more than ten years, and have had a fruitful periods where they adapted their image to styles at the time, to great success. Also, Jagger hasnt married a one legged woman. I find it funny he hasnt mentioned the marriages of the other three stones. And his comments about Charlie, at least hes not a pushover inside the band, like ringo. Its odd that hes dissing other 60+ musicians, when hes still touring himself.

You know what, bv, shut this thread down. we shouldnt even dignify him with an answer.

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: June 1, 2006 06:13

why a guy of his stature would say such dumb things, if indeed true, is beyond all comprehension. What is this petty, jealousy? Is this what happens when some rock stars reach an old age, they start to diss each other? And what's he picking on Charlie for? At least Jagger would have the common sense I think not to respond. And why not compare the lyrics of "Brown Sugar" to "C'Moon" - now there's some heavy and intelligent stuff! If Jagger did respoend I'd love to hear what he has to say. And Keith could provide some pretty caustic commentary too. But why bother! This is really all too stupid. Does he have any remorse for picking on George Harrison during the latter days of the Beatles? Sour grapes and completely uncalled for, his failed marriage must have done his head in. I'm going to burn my copy of "Mary Had A Little Lamb" - now there was a superb rocker!!!

The Beatles and The Stones have provided us all with musicial pleasure throughout ther respective careers - Macca should think about that and "Let It Be."

PS: never mind the "skeleton" line. I saw a guy walking down the street the other day with one of those phony fake orange wigs on. Sort of looked like Macca's "out of the package from Woollies" (remember Hint of a Tint?) dye jobs of the past few years

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: June 1, 2006 06:27

I dont believe he really said that. Is this a joke??

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 1, 2006 06:29

yeah, this is turning into like a fad. Just when I had started to almost sort of not mind Mccartney too much..
This is beneath him. Paul has never been able to really crack a good joke. I can picture him exactly while he is saying those things. In that stupid way he yodels.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: June 1, 2006 06:36

I dont understand how these people could be so disrespectufull. I mean have they seen the Stones lately? Have they gone to a show. I mean honestly of all the people who have toured lately no one, absouletly no one, can beat the stones right now. Partly because of the stage and the specatacle. But mostly becuase Jagger still runs 12 miles a show. Richards rocks and is something new everynight, Woody does well sometimes, and Charlie is solid. I just dont get the attacks. Its obnixious.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 1, 2006 06:42

McCartney would never make those comments. They aren't clever, even for Macca. It's bullshot.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 1, 2006 06:47

hailtothestones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dont believe he really said that. Is this a
> joke??

I don't believe he really said that either.
If it's true he said this crap, he better learn to button his lips!

While I've been a Beatles/Stones fan my entire life, I've always hated Paul solo.
I've never seen a Paul solo concert until last November. It was boring beyond belief!
I can't stand any of his solo material. Even when he played Beatles songs, it was bad.
I left early before it could taint my appreciaition for the Beatles

John was the true genius behind the Beatles.

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: June 1, 2006 07:08

Of course, it's a joke! Can't you see StonesFanSinceVoodoo just made that up trying to be funny?? ....Jeez this is really scary how you all jump in....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-01 07:41 by LolA.

Posted by: La Mano Nera ()
Date: June 1, 2006 07:28

Hilarious. You got a carreer, StonesFanSinceVoodoo.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: June 1, 2006 07:43

Macca is gaga....

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: June 1, 2006 07:53

I don't know if i believe that. Those comments are really immature and I don't see anyone above the age of 30 with any ounce of maturity saying those things. If they are true I might have just lost a lot of respect for Paul. Mick may be a flashy performer, but he doesn't say mean things about other people.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 1, 2006 08:08

Reads like bullcrap ... but then again Macca has been known to do & say some strange things..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: June 1, 2006 09:06

SOMEHOW... I think this thread is all an exaggeration...

Who for a second thinks Paul McCartney either said that for thinks that ???

What rot.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: buchie ()
Date: June 1, 2006 09:10

StonesFanSinceVoodoo Wrote:
> Online Journal of Great Britain-5/31/06: Former
> Beatles star Paul McCartney has joined the
> bandwagon of public denounciation against Mick
> Jagger and his stones.

Stonesfan is this ridiculous message coming from you own sick head or is it some real bad piece of journalist work. This is so fake. Everybody who knows Paul, knows that he is way too smart to say things like these.

Rob

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 1, 2006 09:56

I also do not believe that McCartney said such dumb things in that way. I mean, he could critzise the stadium shows or the boring setlists (but look at his own, I guess he still plays Let it be and Hey Jude every night either) but you must ask for his mental state if he really said such things about fellow musicians.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 1, 2006 10:00

Twat [if he said it]

Often acts like a twat anyway. To much aware of his own importance these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-01 19:04 by Spud.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: June 1, 2006 10:13

Who cares about what a frustrated, sexually dissatisfied and musically long-ago-successful old man?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 1, 2006 10:46

Good joke smiling smiley)

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: June 1, 2006 10:54

Meise Wrote:
> Who cares about what a frustrated, sexually
> dissatisfied and musically long-ago-successful old
> man?
>

How can Macca be sexual disasatisfied ???

I mean, that is IMPOSSIBLE... he can just pick... blonde, brunette, latina, asian, stacked, slim, MILF, whatever his sex drive is interested in...

There is one dude who CANNOT be sexually frustrated, lol

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Date: June 1, 2006 10:58

If those comments are true, they're made out of pure jealousy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-01 12:37 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: June 1, 2006 11:06

StonesFanSinceVoodoo Wrote:
> Paul commented that he needed to go
> settle some divorce matters with Heather, but
> would be back for more commenting about the stones
> tomorrow.

So he did.

Online Journal of Great Britain-06/01/06 -- Beatle Paul McCartney continues commenting on the Rolling Stones as he promised yesterday. First he apologises for the things he said on Charlie Watts, the Stones' ageing drummer. Yesterday he referred to him as "the skeleton outside his house last Halloween", now he says this remark may have been a little off. "But I do think, and that's how the comparison struck me, that the only parts of the man that are actually able to move are his arms, like it's the wind lifting them." The Hey Jude singer then goes on raving about Ronnie Wood, the Stones' guitarist that replaced Brian Jones in the seventies. "Even a clown doesn't have a red nose like that," says Macca sporting his typical frown. "How can the audiance accept this? If there's one guy keeping up appearances it's Wood, who obviously dyes his hair. And with that tan, he's the one who should have been applying for Pirates of the Carribean, holding a bottle of rum or whatever." With this he refers to rumors about Keith Richards appearing in the movie, an nonevent which Sir Paul claims is "a typical Richardian way of keeping gossip going, without actually taking action," thereby "clearly steering people away from actually paying attention to his music."

Posted by: Bockwuchsd ()
Date: June 1, 2006 11:07

Bullshit. This is a fake.

Posted by: Han ()
Date: June 1, 2006 11:09

A joke like that has to have some semblence of credibility to be remotely funny...

I'm really worried by the number of people who appear to believe it! Get a grip, guys....

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Posted by: Doolittle ()
Date: June 1, 2006 12:22

Obviously I don't know Macca, but I think I 'know' him well enough to safely say that- i don't believe a word of this is true. I mean- he does exactly what the Stones are doing- filling stadiums to play ancient material.
If he did say it, maybe he was pissed (ie: Drunk)- he's been having a hard time recently after-all, with that gold-digging bitch!

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 1, 2006 12:26

instead of thinking "is this fake, is this fake?" why don't you ask stonesfansincevoodoo to provide a link?

i think you'll soon find he's a jokingstonesfansincevoodoo.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: June 1, 2006 12:27

Pretty outrageous comments. I don't think Macca said it.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 1, 2006 12:28

Han Wrote:

>
> I'm really worried by the number of people who
> appear to believe it!

me too - what happened to the collective IQ of this board? it's looking more like a macca board! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-01 12:28 by nikkibong.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 1, 2006 12:29

I really can't believe so many of you are gullible enough to believe this tripe. It is supposed to be a joke!

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: June 1, 2006 12:48

What is this supposed 'Online Journal of Great Britain'? It didn't come up when I did a Google search. If Macca did say it though (he has slagged off Jagger before) I'll have even less respect for the old tosser.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home