Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Macca comments about stones....
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 1, 2006 18:33

lmatth8461 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems to have escaped everyone's notice that
> Macca wrote one of the Stones earliest hits, "I
> wanna be your man".

That's not important in Stones' history. THey'd found a better one, if they didn't do that song. And it's not a fantastic composition...just very usual chord-changes.

Date: June 1, 2006 20:40

Indeed, Sir Paul must be venting off some anger due to his current divorce situation. Although Paul is an amazing performer, and deserves nothing short of our complete praise, these comments were uncalled for.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 1, 2006 20:49

ROPENI Wrote:
> Mr tattoome:
> Without getting into a bitchin war, Handicapped
> people should not be made fun of,
> plus being a mongoloid is not something you
> choose, you are born with it .
> Its a disease.
> Thanks

One of my good friends is on the Mass. Down Syndrome board (not sure the official name) her son has Downs Syndrome. She said it is now considered rude to call someone a "Mongoloid", instead you should just say they have Downs Syndrome.

Just a little FYI, I wasn't aware of that until she told me.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: June 1, 2006 20:49

LolA Wrote:
> Of course, it's a joke! Can't you see
> StonesFanSinceVoodoo just made that up trying to
> be funny?? ....Jeez this is really scary how you
> all jump in....
>
>My God, I'm agreeing with Lola. This is all made up, it's not even written well (why ON EARTH would Paul attack Charlie?!) Come on, It IS scary how everyone just jumps in, think a bit first.... GO LOLA !!!
>

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: June 1, 2006 21:03

Paul has class and would never say that; Why isn't BV reading this garbage?

Date: June 1, 2006 21:28

Brown Sugar is about a brown fat lady?I Wanna Hold Your Hand could have been eight seconds long & still delivered the same message that it did.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: June 1, 2006 22:11

This statement attributed to McCartney is obviously false. I personally saw Paul arrive at the Stones concert at the Hollywood Bowl on November 6th, which his bandmates Brian Ray and Wix also attended.

Paul was also reported to have attended the Stones show at the Staples Center on October 31, 2002, just 3 days after Mick Jagger is known to have attended McCartney's show at the same venue.

These guys are friendly with each other and obviously respect and enjoy each other's music. McCartney, who is noted for being not too revealing when talking to the press, never would have made a statement like this.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: June 2, 2006 00:07

absolutely...this is garbage.. people on this board will apparently believe anything... why would paul even speak to the media when he is so mad at them about their coverage of his impending divorce...just go to his web site and there is messaga after message telling people not to believe what the media is saying about heather...

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 2, 2006 00:13

Big Al Wrote:
> I really can't believe so many of you are gullible
> enough to believe this tripe. It is supposed to be
> a joke!

I agree. But the fun part is that even that you tell them it´s a joke, they still don´t get it smiling smiley)))

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: June 2, 2006 00:34

I find it constantly amusing when people on this site bitch and moan about the Stones for various reasons (ticket prices, setlists, the music not being as good as it was 35 years ago, Taylor vs. Wood, etc), then get entirely bent out of shape when a celebrity says, gets misquoted or like in this case, words are entirely made up, anything negative about the Stones.

People feel that just because they post in this forum they are the ultimate Stones fans and have the right to say whatever they want, but other musicians who actually know the Stones, or like Bill Wyman who was a Stone, can never say a single thing negative about the Stones.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home