Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: Aerosmith breaking up. (Is this the same site that said the Stones where breaking up?)
Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 11, 2009 00:05

Sheesh, much ado about nothing if you ask me. Just another so called "news story" to sell some papers or magazines. Personally, I think Tyler will stay with the band.

Mike

Re: OT: Aerosmith breaking up. (Is this the same site that said the Stones where breaking up?)
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 11, 2009 02:42

trainarollin
I would like to hear Steven work with other musicians. Such a great singer, why not see what other musicians have to offer. For example, toss Steven with Larry Graham and some of the other Sly Stone band members. Funk it up Brother Steven.
Mayebe he can go on tour with Roger Daltry.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: November 11, 2009 12:56

AAAAAND!!! Da-Da-Da-Daaaaaaa!!!!!!! *drum roll* smiling bouncing smiley smileys with beer

Steven was at a gig of the Joe Perry Project last night. Totally unexpected! Not even Joe himself knew he'd come.
Steven got on stage and announced: "New York, I want you to know thing: I'm not leaving Aerosmith!" :luffs:
He then performed Walk This Way with the JPP and left the stage again right after the sogn was over.
There's still lots of things they need to iron out, but hey, it's a big step into the right direction!!!!
Reports from people on AF1 who were at the show last night say everyone looked happy. winking smiley

Here are two videos:

A little article (click on the link and you can hear a short audio track of Steven saying he's NOT QUITTING!):

STEVEN TYLER: I Am Not Quitting AEROSMITH! - Nov. 10, 2009
AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler joined THE JOE PERRY PROJECT (the band led by AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry) on stage earlier tonight (Tuesday, November 10) at the Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza in New York City to perform the AEROSMITH classic "Walk This Way". According to a BLABBERMOUTH.NET source a the concert, Tyler assured the crowd that — despite rumors to the contrary — he is "not quitting AEROSMITH" before launching into the track, which was originally released as the second single from the band's 1975 album "Toys in the Attic

[www.roadrunnerrecords.com]

grinning smiley I'm a happy person again!!!!!! I'd have been devastated If they broke up, because they're my second fav band in the world and I simply couldn't imagine life without them. Not yet. Over at Aeroforceone we've had so many discussions and debates over this topic over the last 7 days, you can't imagine what's going on over there. It's "Crazy". *lol*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-11 12:58 by CharliMoon.

Date: November 11, 2009 13:10

<you can't imagine what's going on over there>

Well, we did get the shakes here as well, when the same source announced Charlie's "departure" winking smiley

Date: November 11, 2009 13:21

DandelionPowderman
<you can't imagine what's going on over there>

Well, we did get the shakes here as well, when the same source announced Charlie's "departure" winking smiley

Yeah, I imagine you did, but at that time I wasn't around because my internet access was down, so I don't know what exactly was going on. I only heard that Charlie quitting - thing over the radio. Imagine how afraid and shaky I was, given the fact that I couldn't even check up on the latest "progresses" in the topic/rumour! *lol* I was having nightmares!

Date: November 11, 2009 14:15

If you've got spare time, you'll find some interesting things in there smiling smiley

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 11, 2009 15:18

...if it walks like a cheezy soap opera..........

Date: November 11, 2009 15:37

DandelionPowderman
If you've got spare time, you'll find some interesting things in there smiling smiley

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks, I'll see it through. smiling smiley

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: November 11, 2009 16:15

So once again this Paul Cashmere journalist started all this rumors...
He seems desperate for breaking up news. Is he going through a divorce?

He should get his ass kick by Noel Gallager...
whatever...

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 11, 2009 17:10

Maybe this whole thing was a publicity stunt to promote the Joe Perry Project...

or,

maybe these guys worship the Stones so much they have started taking the Mick/Keith roles way too seriously...

Either way, they're a good band and I'm glad they're not breaking up.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: November 11, 2009 18:37

they had , what 2 or 3 neat tunes.....
tyler ? perry?
when they where high......zero when not high??
strange no??

Date: November 11, 2009 18:42

btw news flash TYLER STAYING...NYTIMES

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 11, 2009 18:53

I believe we all generally want aerosmith, stones, e.street band etc go on is because inside of ourselves it means that if they keep on playing we have the llusion of being stil young. it happened to me for example last year when paolo maldini quit....i remeber i was 18 when he started to play and the fact he quitted was someway the end of my youth. obviousely it is not true, i am 43 and i am not young since longtime already. we want they keep on touring because we wanna have the illusion of being still young....i think it is a very understandable and human feeling. we are attached to life.
there are many other bands playing ( tomorrow i wil go to milàn to see gov't mule for example) but they don't have the same symbolic meaning.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 11, 2009 19:46

ChefGuevara

whatever...

I've said it before, but Paul Cashmere wasn't the first on this one to spread the "news"!

LasVegasSun started the rumour on the Nov 6th, Undercover.com rehashed on Nov 8th.
they even stated their source!

[www.lasvegassun.com]

Date: November 11, 2009 20:32

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 11, 2009 19:46

ChefGuevara

whatever...

I've said it before, but Paul Cashmere wasn't the first on this one to spread the "news"!

LasVegasSun started the rumour on the Nov 6th, Undercover.com rehashed on Nov 8th.
they even stated their source!

My personal apologies to you and to Mr. Cashmere.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 12, 2009 17:24

The setlist from the Joe Perry Project last night:
Let the Music do the TalkingDraw The Line (instrumental snippet)
Walkin' The Dog (Rufus Thomas cover)
We've Got A Long Way To Go
Get The Lead Out
Slingshot
Rockin' Train
Somebody's Gonna Get (Their Head Kicked In Tonite) (Fleetwood Mac cover)
Do You Wonder
Dream Onreggae
Vigilante Man
East Coast, West Coast
Scare The Cat
Combination
Toys In The Attic
Encore:
Stop Messin' Around (Fleetwood Mac cover)
Walk This Way

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 12, 2009 17:36

All seeems like a publicity stunt.

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 12, 2009 17:39

According to a Perry interview in Billboard Magazine they're not waiting on Tyler who wants TWO YEARS off to pursue solo projects and accordingly are still seeking a new singer. Tyler must have fallen off the wagon. It takes a serious case of derangement to think he could start a solo career at age 61 with that ugly mug of his.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 12, 2009 17:42

on this morning's news it was reported that steven tyler said he is aerosmith FRONTMAN .

Date: November 12, 2009 18:53

they stink anyways....cmon..."Janes got a gun??"
and that other single ...what is it...nauseating...dont want to miss a thing....pls.....BV should make sure aerosmutt is banned from this board...so there!!

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: November 12, 2009 20:30

tat2you
they stink anyways....cmon..."Janes got a gun??"
and that other single ...what is it...nauseating...dont want to miss a thing....pls.....BV should make sure aerosmutt is banned from this board...so there!!

I don't understand this vitriol directed at Aerosmith. Yes the post 87 output is patchy and I agree about I dont want to miss a thing which is horrible. But really:

Dream On
Mama Kin
Same old song and dance
S.O.S.
Toys in the attic
Walk this way
No more no more
Sweet emotion
Walk this way
Last Child
Back in the saddle
Sick as a dog
Kings and queens
Draw the line
Wanna know why
No surprize
Chiquita
Come together
Chip away the stone
Jailbait
Lightning Strikes
Bitches brew
Let the music do the talking

These are classics.

Of the latter day stuff there are still plenty of gems to be found (Hangman Jury, F.I.N.E. etc)

Also, your reference to "AeroSMUTT" is strange. Have you ever listened to the lyrics of Stray Cat Blues.

Not trying to pick a fight btw, but if you don't like this thread maybe its best to ignore rather than post your negative views on a band that a lot of us here love.

Date: November 12, 2009 20:35

sweetcharmedlife
The setlist from the Joe Perry Project last night:
Let the Music do the TalkingDraw The Line (instrumental snippet)
Walkin' The Dog (Rufus Thomas cover)
We've Got A Long Way To Go
Get The Lead Out
Slingshot
Rockin' Train
Somebody's Gonna Get (Their Head Kicked In Tonite) (Fleetwood Mac cover)
Do You Wonder
Dream Onreggae
Vigilante Man
East Coast, West Coast
Scare The Cat
Combination
Toys In The Attic
Encore:
Stop Messin' Around (Fleetwood Mac cover)
Walk This Way

great setlist. plenty of new tunes. wish there was more than 1 tune from his 2005 solo album

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 12, 2009 22:03

chelskeith
Maybe this whole thing was a publicity stunt to promote the Joe Perry Project...

Well, Joes new album deserves some promotion. Great rockin' album. Not polished as we know the aerosmith albums since 87. (although I'm a big fan of permanent vacation-pump-get a grip-nine lives)

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 13, 2009 00:28

ghostryder13
how come most people here people bash aerosmith as stones ripoffs but praise the black crowes who are ten times worse? true aerosmith hasn't been very creative over the past 20 yrs but the black crowes haven't put out a decent album since amorica

You'll never catch ME praising the Black Douches.

Date: November 13, 2009 04:12

BowieStone
chelskeith

Well, Joes new album deserves some promotion. Great rockin' album. Not polished as we know the aerosmith albums since 87. (although I'm a big fan of permanent vacation-pump-get a grip-nine lives)

i just picked up the new JPP album. very good. like you said it stays away from a lot of commercial sounds aerosmith has done since the 80's. the singer dude sounds a lot like steven tyler. its almost a bastard aerosmith album

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 23, 2009 17:55

Listening to Joe PErry being interviewed last night before the AMA, he couldnt have more clearly said "send us your tapes, through twitter, whatever, that's how I found my singer". He sounded frustrated with Tyler as they approach their 40th anniversary and said they all want to play and no one talks to Steven, so they're actively looking for a new singer.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 23, 2009 20:52

It is just so much hot air. Who really cares that the lead singer of the most successful Stones cover band is/is not 'leaving'. He'll never be Mick. & it kills him to know it.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 23, 2009 22:33

1.the stones added rap to a rock song in 1997,aerosmith did also-in 1984.
2.the smith used pop-tarts to get a younger audience[lame yes but britney did look good in that aerosmith shirt]a few years later the stones were onstage with justin timberlake and putting christina in their movie.
3.at this stage of the game joe perry can play circles around keith and ronnie.
4.aerosmith have sold as many or more records than the stones.
5. i could go on but you get the picture,its not 1975,its almost 2010 and as stones fans we aint looking down from the mountain top at the peons below anymore.aerosmith are a really good band,rock and roll is lucky to still have em around.

Date: November 23, 2009 23:03

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 23, 2009 22:33

1.the stones added rap to a rock song in 1997,aerosmith did also-in 1984.
2.the smith used pop-tarts to get a younger audience[lame yes but britney did look good in that aerosmith shirt]a few years later the stones were onstage with justin timberlake and putting christina in their movie.
3.at this stage of the game joe perry can play circles around keith and ronnie.
4.aerosmith have sold as many or more records than the stones.
5. i could go on but you get the picture,its not 1975,its almost 2010 and as stones fans we aint looking down from the mountain top at the peons below anymore.aerosmith are a really good band,rock and roll is lucky to still have em around.

Dream on.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: November 23, 2009 23:13

lem motlow
the stones were onstage with justin timberlake

Do you really have to remind us of this dreadful incident. Yikes!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home