Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Best Way From Brno to Warsaw?
Posted by: atip ()
Date: March 27, 2006 06:42

Anyone know the best mode(s) and way to get from Brno to Warsaw?

Re: Best Way From Brno to Warsaw?
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 27, 2006 06:46

The train.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 27, 2006 06:59

from my investigation, i agree on the train. i've looked into the cheap airlines and there's no direct connection on the day we need to travel

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 27, 2006 09:46

little queenie i think we both get to Prague the day before the show...and I am pretty sure Jillian does to...how are we getting to Brno? Do we dare all chip in and rent a car? Do they drive on the right or left side of the road in Czech Republic?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 27, 2006 11:46

there's one more in our group too, probably...i know there are a lot of trains to choose from. in the US, if you don't drop off the car rental where you picked it up, its a lot more expensive. if we want to use it to get to warsaw too though it might make more sense. i'm probably flying out of warsaw to get to vienna (via budapest)

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 27, 2006 12:11

I will travel from Prague to Brno the day before the show. Takes about 2-3 hours.

Date: March 27, 2006 12:11

By train, of course.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 27, 2006 12:14

kahoosier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> little queenie i think we both get to Prague the
> day before the show...and I am pretty sure Jillian
> does to...how are we getting to Brno? Do we dare
> all chip in and rent a car? Do they drive on the
> right or left side of the road in Czech Republic?

Dont all normal countries in Europe have right-hand traffic?winking smiley

Date: March 27, 2006 12:16

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 27, 2006 12:53

Yeah , All countries in Europe drive on the right side (or "Normal" side) except the UK and Malta - I'm 99% sure Malta does - drive on the left side - have been there twice so I should remember. As far as Brno to Warsaw I would think the train, a no brainer. Those of you who are Americans, the trains in Europe are not AMtrak - Crap. They're much faster and used much more often and RESPECTED (unlike the USA). If you're going from large city to large city the train is always the best. Take on some Wine, food , and music (iPods, whatever) and you'll have a great time. Cars are a pain in the ass and should ONLY be used if the train doesn't go where you need to go. Go on www.ricksteves.com . I believe he has the website for all the European train schedules + you can get all info there as well as ANY train passes. His books have some GREAT budget hotels in them. The great find clean kinda ones.Have used him A LOT - Rick NEVER lets you down. His books and stuff are well worth it.

Date: March 27, 2006 15:11

Don't drive. Roads are ( mostly ) terrible in Poland. Even the highways. And you have to pay ( not a lot however ) for driving the highways in the Czech Republic. Trains are not as fast as In Germany, France or Spain, but still....

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 27, 2006 15:46

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah , All countries in Europe drive on the right side (or "Normal" side) except the UK and Malta

And Ireland.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 27, 2006 18:21

Hi
Definitely go by train. I think I will if I don't get on a coach trip organised by a Polish website shortcut.pl. They are suppose to make a trip from Warsaw to Brno and back right after the concert.
The trouble with the train for me is that the first train is about 8 a.m. the day after the concert. If I come to Brno on Friday I will have no time to even check in at any hotel and will have to spend the night in some park I guesswinking smiley

Adam

Posted by: atip ()
Date: March 27, 2006 18:23

Thanks for the info. Train it is!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 27, 2006 18:33

It takes about 8 hours from Brno to Warsaw, however You have to change trains in Breslav in Czech Republic (about 45 minutes from Brno)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home