Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's Telecaster ....
Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: March 27, 2006 01:09

Keith plays a black 72 telecaster custom on this tour. I am assuming it is the same one from the seventies. I have a 52 reissue similar in setup to Micawbur, What do you think of the quality of the new 72 reissues fender is rereleasing these days? They are made in Mexico, do you think they are on par quality?

How do you think these guitars compares to Keith's Junior and the new LP juniors made?

Go Dawgs!

Re: Keith's Telecaster ....
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 27, 2006 08:24

maybe this thread will help you some:
[iorr.org]

Re: Keith's Telecaster ....
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 27, 2006 18:24

I'd be very VERY careful with a Mexico made Fender!

They usually lack of quality. make sure to have your hands on one to feel & play it.
compare it to a Korea made Tele too.
I don't know if they build 72' custums though.
They are superior in quality compared to mexican and in most cases even to American Standards!
I checked out a mexico and an American Tele while testing some Amps at my local dealer, but both where real aweful MoFos.

A couple of weeks ago I got a Fender lite ash Tele made in Korea - and I'm totally happy with her.
This was the first time I ordered a guitar over the internet and I was really worried^^ but with 30 days money back garantee, I gave it a try.
Also I read a lot of customer reviews on harmony central [www.harmony-central.com]
and came out with a very good instrument same or even better than the tenor of those reviews I read.

Out of the box came a really great guitar. Plug, tune and play - wow.
The setup and feel was perfect from the beginning.
After changing the string gauge I ajusted the truss rod without problems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home