Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Road To Rouen
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 24, 2006 15:00

Is anyone else into Supergrass? To some they are still these lttle kids but they are a seriously cool seasoned band. Shame they are not big at all in USA. I have all their albums and RTR the latest one is different. Not near as "bouncy" as some of the earlier ones. Gaz's brother is more and more important in their sound.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: OT Road To Rouen
Posted by: DD ()
Date: February 24, 2006 15:39

Too right. Great band. They're not big in America because the average American won't have heard their music, and isn't ever likely to with the way large American stations organise their playlists.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 24, 2006 17:56

Yeah I love Supergrass. Have all their albums and seen them about ten times.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 24, 2006 19:33

Excellent band - the best group to come out of the whole Britpop era, in my opinion, with none of the recognition that the other bands got.

In It For The Money is an amazing record - one of my all-time favorites. And Coco and LOOP are a blast from start to finish. The third, self-titled one didn't really do it for me, and I'm still getting used to Rouen, but I do like it.

Saw 'em a couple of weeks ago in NYC - by far the most varied show of theirs I've seen (I think it was my 9th). Acoustic sets, Gaz solo at the piano for a couple of songs, some weird arrangements of older songs, and of course at the end, the full-band Supergrass experience for all the warhorses.

They had a different keyboardist this time around - it wasn't Gaz's brother Rob. Weird.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 24, 2006 20:19

The great thing is they change their sound from album to album to keep it interesting for themselves, not bandwagon hopping. I saw a nice 30 min acoustic set at Amoeba Music but not the sold out Troubadour show which I didnt even hear about til after it sold out and I blew off the Hollywood gig Wed to go see Aerosmith.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 25, 2006 04:00

Do they know Rouen is an intensely boring town?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1468
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home