Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Lifestyle!
Posted by: fire ()
Date: February 1, 2006 04:25

Do you take good care of your health,are you using alot of drugs or alcohol? I'm curiuos,maybe just to get rid of the R&R stereotyping!

Re: Lifestyle!
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 1, 2006 04:28

How's your lifestyle these days, Fire? You still taking good care of yourself? or has that demon life got you in it's sway?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-01 15:43 by Lukester.

Date: February 1, 2006 04:36

Lukester,these days I'm trying to break the patterns of using tobacco,alcohol and drugs.Trying to feed my body and soul in a good way.A big and important lesson I have to learn!And you?

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: February 1, 2006 04:38

No drugs, no alcohol, no smoking, I am a machine (no foolin).

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 1, 2006 04:40

I use to be such ah sweet sweet thing till the Stones gotta hold of me....now I'm a maniac

ROCKMAN

Date: February 1, 2006 04:42

But Rockman Iread you stopped smoking.Any tips?

Date: February 1, 2006 04:47

fire Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lukester,these days I'm trying to break the
> patterns of using tobacco,alcohol and drugs.Trying
> to feed my body and soul in a good way.A big and
> important lesson I have to learn!And you?

fire,
I applaud you for what you are doing. Seriously.

For you youngsters out there, there is really nothing more beautiful than a healthy mind and body. I mean that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-15 21:20 by Lukester.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 1, 2006 04:52

fire...ya mean have I any tips or butts in the ash tray?

No seriously finished with the faggin' ... have ma lungs back now ... plus ma clothes smell a whole lot better...tips no just climbed outta bed one day and said this is it and stopped no patches no headaches...just slammed the brakes on.

Remember - Cancer Cures Smoking

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: February 1, 2006 05:28

well I have been doing xTc for about a year and a half,I would like to give up but not sure how to go about it.Im in China (shenzhen)but the hospitals here are not set up for drug addiction.there are know western doctors here either.

alot of my friends take it as well which is hard to get away from.I have sent emails to detox centres asking for advice on how to give up a xTc and how i can combat the bad side effects from giving up.but they are not sure how to help.Iam married and have a teaching job.and leaving china is not an option.

Its my own fault i let this happen and i dont blame anyone,but if anyone can give me some really good advice.that would be alot of help.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: February 1, 2006 05:30

No tobacco, no drugs (hate dealers), and the occasional drink or two...

As much as I like Keith, I'd rather be in Mick's condition when I'm 62!

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: February 1, 2006 05:33

Lukester Wrote:
> fire Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lukester,these days I'm trying to break the
> > patterns of using tobacco,alcohol and
> drugs.Trying
> > to feed my body and soul in a good way.A big
> and
> > important lesson I have to learn!And you?
>
>
>
> fire,
> I applaud you for what you are doing. Seriously. I
> have learned many lessons in my life and perhaps
> the most painful of those was when I slowly came
> to realize that even I, Mr. Invinceable, was not
> above drug addictions. It's a tough lesson, my
> friend, but one I'm proud to talk about. As for
> the tobacco and alcohol, well, one lesson at a
> time, please. Let's not rush into anything.
>
> Seriously, though, for you youngsters out there,
> there is really nothing more beautiful than a
> healthy mind and body. I mean that.
>
>

Hey Luke- Good for you bro. I ditto your last paragraph. I don't drink, smoke or do any drugs. I've seen too many folks start down one of those paths never to come back.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 1, 2006 05:44

In my humble opinion the trick is to keep doing exercise. No tobacco, no drugs, just drinks. Socially it's very important, I think. Moreover, it may even be healthy, one glass of wine every day. The basis of a Mediterranean diet. We chileans drink a lot anyway, almost like a nordic country, actually.

Date: February 1, 2006 06:17

mandu Wrote:
> well I have been doing xTc for about a year and a
> half,I would like to give up but not sure how to
> go about it.Im in China (shenzhen)but the
> hospitals here are not set up for drug
> addiction.there are know western doctors here
> either.
>
> alot of my friends take it as well which is hard
> to get away from.I have sent emails to detox
> centres asking for advice on how to give up a xTc
> and how i can combat the bad side effects from
> giving up.but they are not sure how to help.Iam
> married and have a teaching job.and leaving china
> is not an option.
>
> Its my own fault i let this happen and i dont
> blame anyone,but if anyone can give me some really
> good advice.that would be alot of help.

Mandu,
Is this the same drug as the popular designer drug of the States called ecstacy?
Man, all I can say is that your head is in the right place, since you are brave enough to open up in this forum, so you have the strength to put this demon behind you. Listen, drugs can be fun, but I can speak from experience, bro', that eventually you will realize that the party's over and you are all alone in some hell hole of a bathroom somewhere trying to keep the fun alive. My advice is to continue pursuing professional help. In the absence of professional help, focus on how good your life can be without the monkey on your back. Remind yourself that you were in control of your life once before and you have the power to do it again. Just like any goal in life, it is helpful to visualize yourself in a positive situation without that drug. It's not easy, but keep looking ahead, try not to dwell on the past. For me, I never had professional help, and I dug myself out of some really ugly holes. I took it one day at a time, as cliche as that may sound it is really helpful. I realized that every day I didn't return phone calls of the ol' pusher, I was one day closer to reaching that goal. Slowly, it got easier to say no. It didn't happen overnight and, yes, there were set backs, but each day it got a little bit easier. We all joke about sex, drugs and rock and roll, but our dirty little secret is that it's really not very fun if you're not in control, and Mandu, you have got to get back in control. One day at a time. Take your time, because Time is on Your Side, Yes it is. Right frankie?

Mandu, contact me and I'll talk you through this thing.

China, huh?? People are counting on you. You can do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-01 18:08 by Lukester.

Date: February 1, 2006 06:26

Lukester,

Great post...I have to ask, please, as I have no direct experience...did you find that you would get calls from dealers...as in putting the "push" in pusher?

Date: February 1, 2006 06:30

inopeng Wrote:
> Lukester,
>
> Great post...I have to ask, please, as I have no
> direct experience...did you find that you would
> get calls from dealers...as in putting the "push"
> in pusher?

Yeah, this may be different than most people's experience, but I had money, so I was surrounded by parasites who masqueraded as friends. I knew it at the time too, but was too weak to say no.

Date: February 1, 2006 06:43

I've seen that at arm's length many times...thanks for being candid and continued success staying away from it....

Date: February 1, 2006 06:52

thanks bro (or sis'?) for your kind remarks, inopeng

I'm fine. It's mandu that we need to think about right now. Please folks, I'm not a preacher, but I thought I read a cry for help and I will answer that cry every time.

peace.

Date: February 1, 2006 06:58

Bro and I'm with you on mandu....

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 1, 2006 08:34

No sports, a pack a day. I need to quit.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: February 1, 2006 10:18

Sports all over and then some nice Asian H to cool me down when mah babay come 'ome.

Date: February 1, 2006 12:34

Mandu,I used xtc for a while and am glad that I don't do it anymore.
It can bring a lot of damage to the brain and the rest of your body. I don't know if you know anything about neurobiology? If you do then you know why you come in a state of depression after using xtc,because there is to little serotonin( one of the several neurotransmitters) left.
My advice to you is to take some time of to heal yourself,don't take xtc anymore,give yourself the best you can.When the depression isn't going away or it takes to long,then it could be an option to take an anti-depressivum,I don't know if this is possible?!
And about your friends they can loose their attractiveness or you can be a good influence when you stopped using xtc.
Good luck and take care.

I did this thread cause I am curious about how the stones,and the R&R scene, influence their fans in the way they live.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 1, 2006 12:57

mandu Wrote:
> well I have been doing xTc for about a year and a
> half,-----
> Its my own fault i let this happen and i dont
> blame anyone,but if anyone can give me some really
> good advice.that would be alot of help.

You gotta take a rest on your friends in this biz.
Let them do without you for a year or so,
more if its needed.

I also wanna say to all younger people here:
be cool with both booze & weed!
I´ve seen so many haschish psychosises
as well as alcohol dittos.

De music is de best drug bros & sisters.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 1, 2006 15:02

Mandu, I would not worry about any physical repercusion from quitting XTC. Sounds like you are a little concerned about this.
Now psycholigically you can't beat the interaction between recovering addicts. Nothing better than tlaking to someone who is going thorugh the same thing as you are.
I am speakiong very much from personal experienc here. While I mylsef wouldn't think twice about kicking most anyhting in my own, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. I think you are doing the right hting in trying to find some kind of support system.
You mention that you are maried. Can you talk to your spouse about it?

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Date: February 1, 2006 17:35

To me, the music and the people going with the flow I like (liked),they had influence on the way I lived.When I was into punk at the age of 13 I started to try drugs,like LSD and Marihuana,just curiousity.When I started to sing,songwrite and dance as professions,I consumed lots of alcohol periodically,xtc and cocaine it seemed to fit in the scene.
Years later I opened my eyes,and didn't want this way of life anymore.
At the moment i stopped everything I did,try to heal myself,stopped using xtc almost ayear now,stopped using cocaine more then 2 weeks,stopped smoking weed,once a week I drink alcohol,the only thing I gotta do now is win the battle when my body is asking for nicotin.
I did this on my own its possible.
Taking care of youself,became important to me and I hope I'll be strong enough one day to get back into the music,without everything I did there before!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 1, 2006 17:51

Never smoked (anything legal anyways), work out a little, drinka few beers, no drugs anymore (lots in the day).

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 1, 2006 17:54

fire Wrote:
> Do you take good care of your health,are you using
> alot of drugs or alcohol?

None of your damned business! But, thanks for asking!

Posted by: La tongue ()
Date: February 1, 2006 19:48

Love the stones,love women,love cocaine and alcohol! So I'm not thinking about changing the way I live!!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 2, 2006 20:42

Well ,Fire!Like ...the song ,blame it on the Stones....done by Kris kristofferson..says it all(anybody a mp 3?)...Its not the Stones Rock &Roll ..and dont forget Jazz was A drugs scene all the way...You was punk so you know speed was heavily used(no money for Charlie darling!)...That song of Smokey,that Motown..Going to a go go Thing...with the six pack beer...I can say Detroit made me a user...it also is no style or if you will a lifestyle..but I know what ya mean..The truth...I did ..Jack D a lott cause Keith did...lets forget about the rest...lots of people tried to follow Keith in this drug and alcohol thing...and...fans did ..and folks close to him..many cant tell you about there style now!!!Gues you have to be real strong and(dont forget)rich to survive such livin..a strong heart is needed...one can have ..fun..look what the cat dr..in is a tune about it(good one!!) .One can also say Mick is livin real healthy now...and doing great into his sixties...Ronnie is fighting and is gettin beaten..again and again..with no understanding the problems he have to deal with!!So cold turkey aint easy!!!sure not if one happens to play in the stones...Charlie had a hard time with br sugar as you know...bill Wyman chainsmoke...and take joints...Mick sniffed his nose ..toone hole..woood also..you can take it..and I know there will be a party comming you is gonna cry..if ya survive the chemicals ..alcohol or both..good thread fire makin me think!but dont blame the stones or r&r Rooster blames pop!!!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 2, 2006 21:03

Never forge the day I had a new years party..people in my house drunk 1 bottle JD and coulnt move no more...and those folks was locked up!!!cuse they coulnt get out...then the next day I realised I wasnt Keith not even a poor Keith..you are right I was livin up to thay stttyyyylleeee!!!!!way back then....now my borders doesnt happens to be out side bit inside of me ..and if one goes to far one can feel it!!!and then you dont feel so rock&roll I tell you darling...can we kiss?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 2, 2006 21:09

I smoke and I like a drink when in suites me. Right now I'm drinking Guinness Draught! I don't take drugs, unless I'm drunk and even then it'll only be a puff or two on someone’s joint.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home