Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Seeing the Stones with seats on the side or "behind the stage"...
Posted by: Rolling Beatle ()
Date: December 12, 2005 01:04

Hello everyone, I'm a new Stones fan and I really want tickets for the United Center on the 23rd or 25th. The only ones left on TM (in the price I can afford) are sections 330 and 322. These are "behind the stage".

[www.unitedcenter.com]

Can you see anything with seats like these? Would it still be worth it? Should I take a risk and try to wait for tickets as the show draws nearer? I'm not a big risk taker when it comes to things like this...

Re: Seeing the Stones with seats on the side or "behind the stage"...
Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: December 12, 2005 02:23

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 00:57 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: MrEdway ()
Date: December 12, 2005 04:06

www.pepsicenter.com sect 238 is where I sat. Great view except for a scaffolding pillar at the back corner which completely blocked out Charlie. Otherwise the stage was wide open. A couple of corporate banners blocked most of the stage for the opening act but were removed for The Stones.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: December 12, 2005 06:03

Trust me...there is no risk in waiting...none...wait until either the day before or the day of and

Posted by: swsfo ()
Date: December 12, 2005 06:10

I was at the side of the stage in Fresno - at the point where I could see right down the "curtain" separating front and back stage - even though we were up at the top of the areana the view and the sound was great - if these are the only tix you can get I would go - as it is better to catch the Stones than to miss them.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 12, 2005 07:06

i have two extra tickets for the floor near the lower-right corner of the "B" stage. they are excellent tickets in the $160 category that i bought through the fan club so $220/each with fees and 1/4 membership fee (i have receipt and confirmation). i don't have the tickets in hand - it seems that when you order through the fan club in the US, ticketmaster takes its sweet time to get them to you. i ordered them in may! contact me if interested: vchalcraft@yahoo.com

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 12, 2005 07:13

hey queenie, i'd check on those tickets. i ordered mine as soon as i could in may and got them 2 weeks later!

Date: December 12, 2005 07:26

interesting - the soldier field tickets that i got through the fan club arrived one day before the show! i was freaking out! when i call, all they can say is if they don't arrive within 48 hours, they'll send out some emergency variety of tickets and somehow cancel the originals! when i ordered a single ticket for the 2nd night of united center - not through the fan club - i got my ticket within a week or so, like you. i assumed this was a fan club thing!

Date: January 17, 2006 23:08

Bump!

I bought the tickets about a month ago...section 322.

8 days until the show!

Anyone else have anecdotal info about seats in this area?

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 17, 2006 23:39

Geez...

You are really missing out...

Right now as we speak there is a pair of tickets, section 310, row 2... this is higher balcony, but it's at the bottom of the section, perfect dead-on views, the high bid right now on e-bay for the PAIR is 96 bucks... these are face 160 buck tickets... 320 total that will probably sell for around 100 for the pair.

I do not understand why you are &^^%%$$ areound with TicketBastard when there are such better tickets on E-Bay for much better price.

To answer your question, though, I've never seen the stones from the side or back... did see Elton John at U.C. from those seats and it was an awesome concert.

Saw Madonna from sort of that view and didn't like it as much. If you're taking rear view seats, those closer down are better, I think, don't go for a rear view nosebleed.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-17 23:49 by BornOnTheBayou.

Date: January 17, 2006 23:48

Oh well, no regrets. I have three tickets anyway, with my dad and my brother. I'll be closer this way, anyway. Especially with my binoculars, I'm sure I'll have a hell of a time.

Next time around, my girlfriend and I will see them with a full view--both sides of the spectrum.

Posted by: tattoojack ()
Date: January 17, 2006 23:57

see my review of the Philly 10-12-05 show. i had similar tickets you are speaking of. Buy the tickets. you will not be disappointed and besides the atmopshere is 1/2 the experience...YOU WILL BE AT A ROLLING STONES CONCERT MAN!!! who knows, there may be some no shows lower and you can work your way down.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 17, 2006 23:59

Here's another twist...

Of either 330 or 332, I'd definitely go for the 330's because they give you a bit more of a view towards the audience. The 332s are 90 degree angle to side of stage and IMO, that's sort of limbo... especially if you're up high which 300 level is... it's like the band isn't playing to you and the audience isn't screaming at you... you're a true "sideline spectator"

When you're in 328, 329, 330 you're getting the audience straight in your face, sort of the way the band experiences it and that can be pretty exciting. We had Elton John tickets up there years ago and it was a smokin' gig.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-18 01:43 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 18, 2006 01:08

look at the seating chart for the arena here:

[www.thegarden.com]

It has this click and drag thing that gives you the exact view of the stage you'll get from the seats you're in. I wish more places had similar seating charts!

Date: January 18, 2006 20:00

i sat on the side in sacramento '99 and thought the seats were pretty good - you can at least see them up close - for me, the closer the better - i'd MUCH prefer a side ticket than one centered in the back. i have a lower side ticket for the 25th at the united center and am psyched. mick and keith come up the catwalk and play right into your hands...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home