Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT; KISS SONIC BOOM
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 10, 2009 20:01

Just listening to the latest CD by Kiss,Sonic Boom.It rocks!A return to the glory days indeed.Who said heavy rock was dead!!

Re: OT; KISS SONIC BOOM
Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: October 10, 2009 20:18

Absolutely.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 10, 2009 20:34

Absolutely or Absolutely dead?

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: October 10, 2009 20:47

"Sonic Boom" absolutely rocks.

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: October 10, 2009 21:17

I was quite surprised by it myself actually. There are a couple of dud tracks (Stand being the main culprit), but overall pretty good. It's difficult to judge at least 4 tracks because they could have come direct from anywhere between 1974 and 1976. Is it good that they sound exactly like KISS 35 years ago or is it bad??

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: October 11, 2009 01:07

of the 11 songs i feel that 8 are very strong. Dont be surprised o
if its #1 on Billboard next week. Im seeing them in Hampton, Virginia this Friday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-11 05:11 by stonesriff.

Date: October 11, 2009 20:29

Yeah it's a return to the classic 1970's format.The guitar work is amazing,it sounds just like Ace.Tommy Thayer has arrived!!When you hear the energy coming from this disc it just fires you up.Kiss are back at the top.
Stonesriff hope you enjoy the gig in Hampton.Fingers crossed they get over to the UK,We seem to have got a raw deal of late.

Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 15:39

I was actually a bit dissapointed by the songs I have heard. Maybe it feels better after a while, not sure. The single Modern day delailah is weak IMO.

Date: October 12, 2009 15:49

It's a return to the rock'n'roll (not heavy rock)-format. Unfortunately, the songwriting just isn't good enough, imo. And the re-recorded warhorses are NOT any improvement...

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 12, 2009 20:52

DandelionPowderman
It's a return to the rock'n'roll (not heavy rock)-format. Unfortunately, the songwriting just isn't good enough, imo. And the re-recorded warhorses are NOT any improvement...

I've only played them once so can't really comment but I'm inclined to agree with your comments. However to get two Kiss Cds that don't disappoint is a plus in itself.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 22:49

Mindboggling, people actually buy Kiss CDs, hello this is 2009, Earth to Doris LOL!!!!!

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 12, 2009 23:56

humanriff77
Mindboggling, people actually buy Kiss CDs, hello this is 2009, Earth to Doris LOL!!!!!

I also buy any new Stones CD that comes out. I just live in the past!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 13, 2009 00:14

riffhard72
I was quite surprised by it myself actually. There are a couple of dud tracks (Stand being the main culprit), but overall pretty good. It's difficult to judge at least 4 tracks because they could have come direct from anywhere between 1974 and 1976. Is it good that they sound exactly like KISS 35 years ago or is it bad??

Is it good that they sound exactly like KISS 35 years ago or is it bad??

I don't give a s about Kiss but if a band sounds like 35 years ago it's BAD

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: October 13, 2009 13:19

I dont get it Kiss is a band that makes music for kids age 8-14, its adolescent tripe, they are a circus act for children, nothing wrong with that I suppose but what that has to do with rock n roll and the Stones is beyond me.

I know what im talking about, they were the biggest band when i was in school, but no-one listened to them after 14 years old, even the dumb kids grew out of it and went on to buy the Knack smiling smiley

Date: October 13, 2009 14:00

Well, this time Kiss tried to go back to the era where the band played stonesy rock'n'roll. It's as legitimate as the huge Paul Mc Cartney threads you find here at IORR, imo winking smiley

Date: October 15, 2009 22:24

stonesriff
of the 11 songs i feel that 8 are very strong. Dont be surprised o
if its #1 on Billboard next week. Im seeing them in Hampton, Virginia this Friday.

seeing stryper that day instead. i've seen the real kiss 3 times. i bought the album but i'm not paying to see scab kiss in concert

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 15, 2009 22:31

Kiss rocks . i have the new album sonic boom and i like it a lot .i just saw kiss at the garden and they blew the roof off the dump .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 15, 2009 23:09

KISS is a hoot. I saw them in the '70s and I saw them a couple weeks ago in Detroit. Not all music has to make a big statement or purport to be important. If you don't think it's OK to have some silly fun once in awhile you're missing out on a big part of life.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 15, 2009 23:25

R
If you don't think it's OK to have some silly fun once in awhile you're missing out on a big part of life.

I could NOT agree more!!!
smileys with beer

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: October 16, 2009 00:38

R
KISS is a hoot. I saw them in the '70s and I saw them a couple weeks ago in Detroit. Not all music has to make a big statement or purport to be important. If you don't think it's OK to have some silly fun once in awhile you're missing out on a big part of life.

Any band that can sing a lyric like 'heavy metal laxative' gets the silly fun okay in my book. And all campiness aside, the guys DID write more than a few legitimately good songs.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: October 16, 2009 00:54

Ok - funny kiss lyrics:

It was a hot day...she wore lingerie

You're good looking and you're looking like you should be good

when you're lying next to me, baby I can guarantee Im going to rise to it

you're gonna love the power of my tower (cant remember it exactly - its on the new album)

Baby lets put the X in sex. Loves like a muscle and you make me want to flex

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: October 16, 2009 02:11

It's a great album. Far beyond my expectations! smiling smiley Ace delivered a very decent album too! Now, Mr.Richards, The ball's in your court!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: October 16, 2009 03:31

yeah, why the hell not, i think it rocks pretty good for a bunch of makeup clad old guys. the mix is good and it's meat and potatoes rock. unfortunately i think the lead guitarist thinks he is ace frehley too much of the time, which at times is kinda cool, but rather tiring after a while..it's like, what do YOU sound like, not your impersonation of someone else

Date: October 16, 2009 10:39

<Ok - funny kiss lyrics:

you're gonna love the power of my tower (cant remember it exactly - its on the new album)

Baby lets put the X in sex. Loves like a muscle and you make me want to flex>

LOL! And let's not forget this one: "When that bitch bends over - I forget my name..." How mature! grinning smiley

Date: October 16, 2009 12:23

I have been listening to this all week and it just gets better.Tommy Thayer has really kick started the band back to the top.Stick the new CD on and crank up the volume.One of the best rock /metal discs ror sometime.I feel a renaissance coming along.Yeah metal died after Nirvana,but maybe this will be the start of a new era .Bring it on!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 16, 2009 13:06

I love the record too

IMO far better as ACDC's Black Ice.
Black Ice is good, but it doesent sound like a classic ACDC album. Sonic Boom is an album that sounds like classic KISS.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2009 15:09

lets not forget about ace .check out his cool website at www.acefrehley.com

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 16, 2009 15:14

theimposter
R

Any band that can sing a lyric like 'heavy metal laxative' gets the silly fun okay in my book. And all campiness aside, the guys DID write more than a few legitimately good songs.

At least nine of the eleven songs on the new disc are terrific. Moreover, the bonus disc of rerecorded classics frosts the cake because they sound great: a kick-ass band recorded with the best technology as opposed to the originals which were a middling band recorded with sh*t equipment.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: October 16, 2009 20:28

the new KISS album is not bad, but it's not a masterpiece in my opinion.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: October 16, 2009 20:50

DandelionPowderman
<Ok - funny kiss lyrics:

Baby lets put the X in sex. Loves like a muscle and you make me want to flex>

LOL! And let's not forget this one: "When that bitch bends over - I forget my name..." How mature! grinning smiley

Yep, and "it must be love...it fits like a glove"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home