Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Angie live
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: December 23, 2005 11:50

For all the shite on Live licks the version of Angie is really nice. Is it the best version? Who thinks so? It is very simular to the stripped version. Keiths fills are nearly note for note. But to me Micks vocals are really good. I love how he whines on the "in your eyes" part. You can really feel the emotion. Anyone agree?

Re: Angie live
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: December 23, 2005 11:59

Nice version indeed. But I'm never really a big fan of that song on stage.

Date: December 23, 2005 12:27

The Licks version from MSG is the best they've done since 1975. Mick even hit the high notes for the first time in 17 years (goosebumps smiling smiley )

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 23, 2005 13:54

I tell you what a really good sappy version is: the orhestral version with Jagger on vox on the album of Stonestunes w/ orchestra.

Date: December 23, 2005 14:31

The live versions after '82 have been much shorter.I wonder what the deal is with that.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 23, 2005 14:42

>> I wonder what the deal is with that. <<

a musician friend watching Charlie in the "select-a-Stone" gizmo on the Four Flicks Angie commented that the only way a drummer could display less enthusiasm for a number would be to walk away. i have no (0) opinion on that, just feel like sharing. :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: December 23, 2005 14:54

its true, charlie doesnt show too much emotion when he drums.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 23, 2005 14:59

true, but that's not what this musician meant. he was talking about the drumming on this particular number as compared to Charlie's usual approach.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 23, 2005 16:04

I always liked the way Charlie and Bill would smile and shake their heads at the front boys in the older videos from GHS, IORR and BAB.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 23, 2005 19:12

I like this one particularly, Paris '76, great solo of Ronnie, great solo of Billy Preston, enjoy:

[s63.yousendit.com]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 23, 2005 19:13

haven't really heard a version i like much since '75. the '73 versions with Billy and MT are by far the best, though.

Posted by: stanbooth ()
Date: December 23, 2005 21:29

The best live "angie" is the electric one from 72 or 73. It ends the Mick Taylor argument for good. Billy Preston is also incredible on this.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: December 23, 2005 22:53

the version from brussels 73 is really the best - great solo
by taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home