Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

San Francisco music places etc. - anybody can help?
Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: October 9, 2009 08:35

I am leaving Europe for San Francisco tomorrow - really looking forward! If anybody is from that area, I would appreciate if you could tell me any cool places to go (Blues, Rock, Cafés, Record Stores) a Stones fan and Blues fan should to visit - your help is greatly appreciated!cool smiley
Gerda

Re: San Francisco music places etc. - anybody can help?
Posted by: diane d ()
Date: October 9, 2009 10:02

i'd recommend going to the fillmore. even if the band playing isn't one you'd ordinarily go see, the poster display is incredible as are the photographs. it's a real piece of rock n roll history and all-in-all, one of the best live music venues ever. and, john lee hooker's boom boom room is right across the street. yoshi's is just down fillmore street.

the saloon in north beach is small and funky. the grant and green bar is nearby. they're both great dive bars with live music. plus, north beach itself is fun. lots of cafes and restaurants.

the fox theatre in oakland may have someone playing that's of interest to you. it's very easy to get to on BART from san francisco, has been recently renovated and is a great place to see live music. the independent in san francisco may also be of interest.

san francisco art exchange on geary street has lots of rock photos and art (it represents ronnie wood, among others). bernard fowler's there on october 15 from 5-7pm to promote his new CD. you'll need to make a reservation if you want to go. bernard's playing at the rockit room on clement street on october 16.

amoeba records on haight street is *the* go-to record store.

hope this helps.

Posted by: peter ()
Date: October 9, 2009 11:04

Gerta...feel free to contact me once you arrive in SF...I will be happy to be your host for your visit...lived here since 1973.....peter...leave contact number...415-558-8528

Date: October 9, 2009 12:58

diane d
i'd recommend going to the fillmore. even if the band playing isn't one you'd ordinarily go see, the poster display is incredible as are the photographs. it's a real piece of rock n roll history and all-in-all, one of the best live music venues ever. and, john lee hooker's boom boom room is right across the street. yoshi's is just down fillmore street.

the saloon in north beach is small and funky. the grant and green bar is nearby. they're both great dive bars with live music. plus, north beach itself is fun. lots of cafes and restaurants.

the fox theatre in oakland may have someone playing that's of interest to you. it's very easy to get to on BART from san francisco, has been recently renovated and is a great place to see live music. the independent in san francisco may also be of interest.

san francisco art exchange on geary street has lots of rock photos and art (it represents ronnie wood, among others). bernard fowler's there on october 15 from 5-7pm to promote his new CD. you'll need to make a reservation if you want to go. bernard's playing at the rockit room on clement street on october 16.

amoeba records on haight street is *the* go-to record store.

hope this helps.
Thank´s for all the info! I´m looking forward to check it out! smileys with beer

Date: October 9, 2009 13:01

Peter,
I´ll try to get in touch with you.
My friend and I are staying at a hotel on Bush street. You can E-Mail me on
jerryhall@gmx.at

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: October 9, 2009 17:48

See if anybody good is playing at Bimbo's 365 Club....great venue...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 9, 2009 17:51

biscuit & blues is a great little blues dive in the heart of town, too.

remember, dylan's playing across the bay twice this weekend...tix for sunday's show still available. also - the pogues play twice in town next week - tix still available for both last i checked. best drinking band ever....

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 9, 2009 18:35

Viel spass Gerda!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home