Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Looking for definitive info on 75 Tour
Posted by: R ()
Date: October 5, 2009 14:58

I haven't thought about it in eons but I'm pretty sure my first Stones show in Cleveland, '75 consisted of:

Joe Vitales Madmen (local Cleveland act, 'connected')
The Meters
J. Geils Band
The Rolling Stones

I remember J. Geils and Vitale for sure. Now I'M curious.

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: October 5, 2009 18:20

curt
Definitely in Boston,Greensboro,Memphis.
I think in NYC, Philadelphia and DC too.

I was at one of the Boston Garden Shows and The Crusaders definately opened the show I was at.

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: October 5, 2009 19:57

Sorry, I'm not much help.

I can confirm the Meters as the opening act in the San Antonio show I saw -- the first one (by the way, I don't suppose you have a tape of the Stones show?). The Meters were good in this show, but I had a pretty bad echo where I was sitting, and most of the Stones fans seemed a bit disinterested.

I can also confirm they did not open for the Stones in Dallas. As I recall, it was Montrose, Sammy Hagar and the Eagles -- I may be forgetting one, but it wasn't the Meters.

Posted by: Alexander ()
Date: October 7, 2009 02:13

The guy who taped the Baton Rouge shows in 1975 has said long ago that the tapes he released were edited.

batonrouge75 has said that Heartbreaker was performed in Baton Rouge at the second show, but this song is not on any boot of Baton Rouge 1975. He also said that the first show was 3 hours long.

Who has a copy of either of the Baton Rouge shows complete?

I'd like to obtain a complete copy especially with Heartbreaker, just like batonrouge75 talked about at IORR, please.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: October 7, 2009 03:07

There is very little online with regard to which shows The Meters played on this Rolling Stones Tour.
And none of the ticket stubs from that tour list anyone but the Stones,
Magazines and newspaper clippings will certainly be the best source of info.

Most websites I have seen that even mention The Meters in connection to the Stones only use what exists on The Meters own website.

I can definitvely state YES on first night in Boston because I have photographs of The Meters from THAT night.

Still, even the newspaper that I have from either first or second night in Boston does not mention the opening act.

Posted by: mstmst ()
Date: October 7, 2009 04:43

I'll have to disagree with those that indicated that the Meters opened in Memphis - the Stones came on after J Geils (with a brief set by Furry Lewis in-between). No Meters. Geils did a smokin set - and many later accused the Stones of taking an inordinantly long time to come out, to let things cool down.

I was also at KC - and the Meters did open there - excellent set by them (along with the Eagles - not bad - but not yet stadium-ready).

Posted by: UnderThumb ()
Date: October 7, 2009 16:53

Jimmer
curt
Definitely in Boston,Greensboro,Memphis.
I think in NYC, Philadelphia and DC too.

I went to my first ever Stones shows in Philly on June 29-30, 1975! I was 16 years young at the time. Boy how "time waits for no one...!" I believe it was the Commodores who opened for the Stones in Philly that year.

Jimmer you are right. The Commodores (then with lionel Richey) definitley opened for the Stones in philly.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home