Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I'M Pissed OFF!! Biggerbang dvd
Posted by: jeroen starink ()
Date: October 11, 2005 10:58

I read the news yesterday!! This is the first time since 1973 i'm pissed off with
the stones!! What a F.... up!!What a sell out. This is , just cashing in!! Ive never downloaded the Stones, but now i am gonna do it. As soon as the DVD is out, can anyone put he 2 songs on Internet!!
Im really angry. Why do they do this?? What a bunch of bastards. Bye Bye Jeroen.

Re: I'M Pissed OFF!! Biggerbang dvd
Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: October 11, 2005 11:04

Totally agree, it should be the other way around, die hards who buy ABB the first weeks should have got the bonus dvd for free instead of being forced to buy it twice...

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 11, 2005 11:04

I agree with you. They're waiting people buy the new CD and after they put it on the market again with bonus. "C'est le marché des affaires".

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 11, 2005 11:12

Sounds good to me!! If it upsets you THAT much then don't bloomin buy it.....

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 11, 2005 11:19

What are you complaining about: we all knew this would be released.
Same old story!
Didn't you have to buy crap singles to have the Steel or Voodoo extra trax.
Or a double cd set of well known war horses to have the 4 new ones that came with 40 lix
Or Sucking to have Gold and Dance pt 1 on CD
Or the "Limited Collectors Edition Virgin Remaster"
And so on and on.
You want the new songs?
Buy them for 2$ on itunes!
You want the full pack?
Give your copy of ABB as a present at the first birthday
You want them all?
Pay!

C

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: October 11, 2005 11:21

I agree. What an f'in rip. I hope these two songs are good. I guess they must be as they were left off off ABB to promote another ABB! WAPITA! After burning my ABB without SOL and RFD, I will now have to burn another copy with the new songs.

Posted by: czr ()
Date: October 11, 2005 11:22

DVD, Cool had no Idea. Don't be Pissed off, be Glad there doing one. I tkink it's great I'll buy it. Hope I'm in it.

Posted by: wisertime ()
Date: October 11, 2005 11:27

Steal it !! smiling smiley

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 11, 2005 11:28

I laugh all the way to the bank gettin it thru the web... Why the hell you you have to have original covers & stuff for... ?!
Isnt the music the important thing... Paper do vanish so quickly in the grave anyway... Let Mick rotten with his money! Well, the others too!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 11, 2005 11:40

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I laugh all the way to the bank gettin it thru the
> web... Why the hell you you have to have original
> covers & stuff for... ?!
> Isnt the music the important thing... Paper do
> vanish so quickly in the grave anyway... Let Mick
> rotten with his money! Well, the others too!

Aren't you the one that didn't even buy A Bigger Bang but just downloaded it?
Than it's easy to say that music is the most important.
Let Mick rotten with his money... same for you... you don't even buy the latest album of your favorite band.

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken but I thought it was you. You don't have to buy the new edition (I will though), but not even buying the original is very cheap especially if you laugh with Jaggers obsession for money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-11 15:55 by BowieStone.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 11, 2005 11:53

Come on, guys. First of all, all of these various editions, with extra tracks, from different countries, etc., etc., are actually kind of fun to collect. In fact, most of you probably enjoy buying all of the different pressings. Second of all, this is minor compared to (i) charging $100 for a fan club membership that gets you tickets that are the same as anyone with a gold AMEX, or (ii) charging $35 for a new T-shirt with yet another variation of the tongue logo.

Here's how I just got scammed: I was in Japan a month ago and saw the new "Bigger Bang souvenier CD box set", containing the 8 70's Stones albums in reproductions of the original jackets (great repros w/original poster for ER, real zipper on SF, postcards for Exile, etc.). Incredible care taken with little details (separate plastic sleeves for the CD's in addition to the reproductions of the original inner sleeves, for example). To tope it off, each box is individually numbered out of 10,000. The masters weren't new, and of course I have already bought Exile five times or so (album twice, cassette, CD twice) but the whole thing was so cool I just had to buy it. US $200 burned a hole in my pocket.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 11, 2005 12:13

There's nobody who's holding a gun to your head and saying "BUY IT"!!!!
Just don't buy it if you feel this way. It's not the Stones who controls what you buy. It's YOU.

Personally I'm gonna get it. And I'll love every second of it.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 11, 2005 12:18

It is a free world. Don't buy it if you don't like it. Or buy a pan flute cd compilation at 2 dollars at the local grocery store.

All things have a value in the commercial world. Even Bob Dylan charge money for his records. By the way he even sold out to Starbucks.

Bjornulf

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: October 11, 2005 12:19

no guns involved indeed but it's the principle that counts!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 11, 2005 12:21

shedooby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no guns involved indeed but it's the principle
> that counts!

Keef in the sixties:
"We don't care about petty morals".

JumpingKentFlash

Re: LoFL!
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 11, 2005 12:33

what?! the Rolling Stones are pissing everybody off?!
lord have mercy, who'da thunk it?!

ahh i love those shining splendid bastards. :E

"Yeah, we copped out - but we did it for the bread, so it's okay."
- Keith Richards, 1968

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 11, 2005 12:46

Give the CD as a present to someone and keep the dvd

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: October 11, 2005 13:17

Its allways better more things from the Stones then nothing.Can´t wait

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 11, 2005 13:22

I'm buying it. You don't HAVE to buy it. It sounds wonderful, it's a good addition to your collection. In ten years you'll all be sorry you didn't buy it.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 11, 2005 13:36

I will definetely buy it, but the business smells, and has done for years now. I wish it was different, but since it isn't, I'll carry on buying everything they put out and have great fun with it.

Posted by: Jack-flash ()
Date: October 11, 2005 14:14

Everyone does that today. Many artists release special tour editions or limited editions. What is a bit disapointing is that the Stones release the special release later, so that everyone has to buy the album a second time.
But I don't care too much as I did buy all the singles from Voodoo or B2B (Saint of me) to get the extra tracks.

It's only rock and roll (but we like it)

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: October 11, 2005 14:57

Bjornulf,

Are you missing the point here? That was a very smug response to people the people who are continually paying out.

Why should the great unwashed have to pay twice? Why not release the DVD at a reasonable cost to those who want it, and who most likely have already bought the album.

The hardcore fans could have been catered for (in terms of not asking them pay twice) I'm sure. But no, this wasn't considered because we are the very people who are gullible enough to make this cynical cash raking piece of marketing work. I fork out my $$$'s just like the next devotee, but scams like this are not right, and I can't believe your response. Sad.

Oily.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 11, 2005 15:19

It's just the way it goes in the record industry these days. Marketing is a bitch (and I studied it).
Everyone is doing it. Sometimes with two or three special editions. It's not just the stones. And it's probably the record company that decides these things, the stones are just going along with it.
The times they are a changing.

Date: October 11, 2005 15:46

The record industry have been doing this for years. Adding left over tracks to B-sides of singles and compilation albums. And the Stones did it even in the 60's. It is not new. They do it all the time. So why worry? That is my message. I don't care. Life is too short. I can't get rid of the commercial world. Unless I move to Cuba or Albania. But even there they have monetary systems and charge for stuff people want. I want my "Andy Warhol Mick" litho and I like it but I can't afford it so I don't buy it...

Bjornulf

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 11, 2005 15:52

This is all record company business. Packaging and repackaging. Imagine Hamlet or Shakespeare's Richard III with additional scenes from the archive and transcribed backstage dialogue from the premier back in seventeen-hundred-so-and-so now live on stage in your theatre of choice!
Record companies make their money with influencing people to buy stuff that they don't want, among those recordings that they want. That's also why record companies like copy-protection. Have you wondered how many royalties the copy-protection programmers will get from all those discs?
Well, this is just business as usual, so nothing to fuss about really.

I hope there will be a CD-single with the 2 songs as b-sides, since they're not scheduled for the "Rarities" disc.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 11, 2005 16:05

I think both have a point. But it's not that much money to make such a fuss about it.
Just wait and see what the ticket prices will be in Europe next year and compare them to the 2003 prices. Now that will be a special topic I think.
PS: "Nobody forces you to buy it or to go to the concert" is not a strong argument IMO

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: October 11, 2005 16:16

I'm not pissed but I think the rarities selection coild have been better and a double disc. Do they actually listen to what the fans have been asking for? Doesn't seem like it. How I would love to get a hold of their back catelogue and be allowed to put together a real Rarities release. Let the fans do it.
But I'll be glad with whatever they release... I'll be there when it comes out.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 11, 2005 16:19

It's only gonna be about £10 aint it.... so whats the bleating?......

I'm just looking forward to more new songs

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: October 11, 2005 16:20

Well, this is why I still haven't boght Bigger Bang... We knew there will be bonus edition... So I'll grab that...

Date: October 11, 2005 16:25

I don't think the Rolling Stones are that bad. Other bands that were around in the 60's and 70's release "Greatest hits" compilation every 1-2 years, like Elton John or Queen or whatever, and people just buy it again and again, because they don't know where their CD's are or they don't know if it is a new one or whatever, or because the cover looks nice.

When was the last time the Stones released a studio album, and how much money did you spend on studio records by the Stones? Bridges to Babylon 1997. Forty Licks 2002. A Bigger Bang 2005. Three records in 8 years. The Stones' record company wouyld be stupid if they did not cash in some extra sales. So where should they put those left-overs? In the vaults so we never got them?

I think there are a lot other things in life you could worry about. Like why they wrap a bunch of CD's in the US or Canadian flag and pretend they are a national release, so a lot of fans buy them. Or 4-5 different repackaging of Forty Licks. But again. It's a free world. If you think it's not worth it then don't buy it.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home