Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I'M Pissed OFF!! Biggerbang dvd
Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 11, 2005 16:29

Elvis Costello did the same thing last year, releasing The Delivery Man (14 tracks) and then five months later re-releasing it with 22 tracks. As mentioned above, this ruse will be mostly defeated by downloading individual tracks.

Karl

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: October 11, 2005 16:47

I bet my ass that this bugger will become the long awaited "fan club" DVD!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 11, 2005 17:11

jeroen starink Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read the news yesterday!! This is the first time
> since 1973 i'm pissed off with
> the stones!! What a F.... up!!What a sell out.
> This is , just cashing in!! Ive never downloaded
> the Stones, but now i am gonna do it. As soon as
> the DVD is out, can anyone put he 2 songs on
> Internet!!
> Im really angry. Why do they do this?? What a
> bunch of bastards. Bye Bye Jeroen.

I'm even more amazed that its the first time you've been pissed off with the Stones in 32 years and its the first time you think they've 'cashed in' on something!

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: October 11, 2005 17:20

bv Wrote:
> I don't think the Rolling Stones are that bad.
> Other bands that were around in the 60's and 70's
> release "Greatest hits" compilation every 1-2
> years, like Elton John or Queen or whatever, and
> people just buy it again and again, because they
> don't know where their CD's are or they don't know
> if it is a new one or whatever, or because the
> cover looks nice.
>
> When was the last time the Stones released a
> studio album, and how much money did you spend on
> studio records by the Stones? Bridges to Babylon
> 1997. Forty Licks 2002. A Bigger Bang 2005. Three
> records in 8 years. The Stones' record company
> wouyld be stupid if they did not cash in some
> extra sales. So where should they put those
> left-overs? In the vaults so we never got them?
>
> I think there are a lot other things in life you
> could worry about. Like why they wrap a bunch of
> CD's in the US or Canadian flag and pretend they
> are a national release, so a lot of fans buy them.
> Or 4-5 different repackaging of Forty Licks. But
> again. It's a free world. If you think it's not
> worth it then don't buy it.
>
> Bjornulf

Bjornulf,

Any reason that you know of as to why these flagged draped CDs were released? Just seems a little strange to me. Didn't realize the Stones were that patriotic. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-11 17:21 by harlito1969.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 11, 2005 17:27

Harm Wrote:
> "Nobody forces you to buy it or to go to the
> concert" is not a strong argument IMO.

Why not???

JumpingKentFlash

Re: LoFL!
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 11, 2005 17:58

>> Didn't realize the Stones were that patriotic. <<

don't you reckon it's more like Virgin cashing in on their rights to the post-71 releases while they can?

>> I bet my ass that this bugger will become the long awaited "fan club" DVD! <<

i was thinkin the same thing, but i'll stick with my own ass. :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: October 11, 2005 18:15

I think it's rather sweet everytime somebody has got the nerve to critizise the Stones or expressing an opinion that's slightly negative concerning the band, 'cause that's when Bjornulf, the knight in shiny armour starts to defend the band's every action no matter what strange decisions they've made. I love the stuff about life being too short argument, ie don't waste your time on expressing your views on various issues because you can't change anything anyway and you should be happy with the way things are at the very present. Who's up to decide what's significant and worth the extra effort in this too short life anyway?
Bjornulf, could you please tell us all something concerning the Stones that you are not satisfied with or would like to make even more perfect. But then again, life is too short......

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 11, 2005 18:24

This is a huge ripoff, I don't care if everyone else is doing it or not. Fortunately, I know how to retaliate - I am going to download that sucker after it is released. I paid money for A Bigger Bang, but I'm not buying it twice.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 11, 2005 18:26

Go get em ya rebel!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 11, 2005 18:28

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> Harm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "Nobody forces you to buy it or to go to the
> > concert" is not a strong argument IMO.
>
> Why not???

Because it's too easy just to say "well, don't go to the concert if prices are to high". If ticket prices will double than fans have a good argument being pissed. Because they want to go as many times as possible. There is a point that "trop" is too much and too much is "trop".

Date: October 11, 2005 18:45

>> Because they want to go as many times as possible. <<

you can't always get what you want, you know?
dig it: the band/management has clearly been discouraging multitudes following them around endlessly on this tour.
but go ahead and get pissed off if it feels good to you - it's about as constructive as getting pissed off at the weather, though.
the Stones just carry on regardless, bless 'em.

- Keith

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 11, 2005 18:57

yeah, well how mad were u when 4 flicks came out and they threw in the hbo show as one of them! How lazy r they.

Date: October 11, 2005 19:09

Harm Wrote:
> Because it's too easy just to say "well, don't go
> to the concert if prices are to high". If ticket
> prices will double than fans have a good argument
> being pissed. Because they want to go as many
> times as possible. There is a point that "trop" is
> too much and too much is "trop".

If you don't wanna go, then don't go. But all the fans who DO go shouldn't have to listen to these boring rants.

Of course we have a good argument being pissed. I agree that the prices are way too steep. But nobody can deny the fact that it is in fact our choice to go to a concert or not. Or to buy an album or not. Fact is that the argument "Nobody forces you" IS very strong. The truth is in there, and you can't deny it. If you heard A Bigger Bang in a shop and decided that you thougth it sucked, and didn't buy it, then the only one who misses out on ANYTHING is The Stones (Missing out on the money). YOU decided that it sucked and that you wouldn't have it in your collection. That's fair. Of course it is. It would also be fair if you thought Exile On Main Street sucked.

If the prices was double the amount of money they cost today we would have even more reason to be pissed. I agree, but who really cares after they crossed that 250$ per ticket border?

The Stones are not really a band that does everything for the fans, and I must say that I wouldn't have done it either. Sure we're the ones that buy lots of tickets and albums, but we're also the ones who bitch about stuff that really rocks our socks (Like Sad Sad Sad, Sparks Will Fly, Losing My Touch and Don't Stop to name a few). If I was a leading Stone, and knew that my best songs was made from 1968 to 1972 I'd also play lots of stuff from that period mixed with new stuff. It's the best right??? Maybe part of The Greatest Rock 'n Roll Band In The World comes from playing The Best Rock 'n Roll songs In The World.

BV: Can I have the award for post of the year now? grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 11, 2005 19:11

so if the release a exile video/dvd you would be bent out of shape...who cares ...20 bucks is a couple of drinks for god sakes!!

Date: October 11, 2005 19:17

>> well how mad were u when 4 flicks came out and they threw in the hbo show as one of them! <<

me? i wasn't mad at all, i was happy. i'd never seen the hbo show.

>> How lazy r they. <<

yeah, look at 'em! :E
(go ahead and do whatever it is you do for as long as they have been doing what they do -
and/or try doing what they do for an hour. and then answer that question yourself.)

oh and for the record: pissin folks off - me included, real regular since 1964 -
is one of the many things the Rolling Stones have always been very very good at.
i started getting used to it around 1978. now it cracks me up. in many senses of the term. :E

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-11 20:46 by with sssoul.

Date: October 11, 2005 19:50

J.J.Flash Wrote:
> yeah, well how mad were u when 4 flicks came out
> and they threw in the hbo show as one of them! How
> lazy r they.

the HBO show was only shown in the US...so most Stones fans had never seen it. (I had a copy, but thats no reason not to include it. Not everyone has the means to acquire these recordings). In fact, I'd wager that most Stones fans in the US didnt see it either as most maybe dont have HBO.

Perfectly logical to include it on Four Flicks (I'd have liked to have got the full show, but its hardly worth grumbling about)

Considering the low price of Four Flicks (especially in the States) and the amount of material that was on it, I cant see how anyone can moan about it. Its unquestionably the most essential Stones release in decades

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-11 19:54 by Gazza.

Date: October 11, 2005 19:53

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> This is a huge ripoff, I don't care if everyone
> else is doing it or not. Fortunately, I know how
> to retaliate - I am going to download that sucker
> after it is released. I paid money for A Bigger
> Bang, but I'm not buying it twice.

and you accuse me in another thread of never being satisfied! winking smiley

Date: October 11, 2005 19:55

Of course we have a good argument being pissed. I agree that the prices are way too steep. But nobody can deny the fact that it is in fact our choice to go to a concert or not.

Ok, award for post of the year!!!

I agree with you on one thing. It's getting boring all those post of the Stones being money grabbers.

Date: October 11, 2005 19:56

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> BV: Can I have the award for post of the year now?

Try making a good one first, Kent! smiling smiley

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 12, 2005 02:25

We get a dvd and two more tracks, and someone has to be 'mad at the Stones'. Good times.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: October 12, 2005 02:51

Atleast Dylan has interesting material to release! Stones new DVD sucks.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 12, 2005 03:42

So what exactly is the problem here?

The Stones put out a new album (ABB ) that anyone online can preview and listen to for FREE ANYtime they WANT to (on RS.com) in its entirety and that anyone can purchase song-by-song if you wish, so you don't even have to pay for any of the album's songs that you don't like?

Is that the problem?

Too much f_ckin' choice?

Or is the problem that they're not driving right to your door giving away their albums along with free f_cking back rub and a limo ride to their next gig?

Get a grip people, they're the Rolling Stones, not the Red Cross. It's a rock band not a gawddamn charity.

I can hardly wait until somebody complains about how badly the Stones are marketing the album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-12 06:14 by camper88.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 12, 2005 03:51

they had no choice but to include the HBO show on FF - it was part of the original contract with HBO

Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 12, 2005 05:00

I re-buy old albums for bonus tracks & improved remastering all the time (just got my Contortions/James White & the Blacks recent Ze digipaks in the mail!) so re-buying ABB for a couple new songs & versions, etc, is fine w/me. I hope it helps it back up the charts a little. As already noted, lots of artists re-release current albums w/ eps or dvds as a promo tool - Beck's & REM's dvds weren't so hot, but Winwood's last, w/ 3 fantastic live trax, was very worthy - & that's what this is about. I have Japanese vinyl, 2 US vinyl (1 sealed), & the Virgin remaster of Tattoo You (no need for the CBS CD anymore)- so this doesn't really bother me. I'm looking forward to it.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: October 12, 2005 06:33

camper88 Wrote:
> >
> I can hardly wait until somebody complains about
> how badly the Stones are marketing the album.
>
>
>
>
lol. Either that was tongue in cheek or you haven't been around here lately!

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: October 12, 2005 06:47

Oily I agree entirely with your post.
Now stuff off.

And as for Rank Outsider's:

"I think it's rather sweet everytime somebody has got the nerve to critizise the Stones or expressing an opinion that's slightly negative concerning the band, 'cause that's when Bjornulf, the knight in shiny armour starts to defend the band's every action no matter what strange decisions they've made. I love the stuff about life being too short argument, ie don't waste your time on expressing your views on various issues because you can't change anything anyway and you should be happy with the way things are at the very present. Who's up to decide what's significant and worth the extra effort in this too short life anyway?
Bjornulf, could you please tell us all something concerning the Stones that you are not satisfied with or would like to make even more perfect. But then again, life is too short......"

I completely agree also.

I don't give a phuk either way because one way or another will end up with the material on this forthcoming dvd - but I agree with both sides on this.

1. It is a disgraceful money grabbing excercise - but the Stones are now more famous for that than they are for music - so no surprise there.

2. It's true nobody's making you buy it. (I do however agree that this is a weak argument - with your point being "I'd like the new material but I bought it already and shouldn't have to twice".)

U2 released a dvd with the cd release of Atombic Bomb.
I guess they're not interested in purchasing the mining rights to the remaining planets in our solar system so they don't need the cash.
The Stones obviously on the other hand do.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: October 12, 2005 09:58

Monkey,

I don't give a phuk neither way this morning.......and I agree with everyone.....in fact I love everyone this morning :-) Even the Rev.Dick Jagger and his burnt out backing band.

Now I'm going to firk off and shut up as you suggest.
So, who's going to get my tenner for some more lovely stout, Monkey or the Stones....

Oily.

Date: October 12, 2005 11:52

Harm Wrote:
> Of course we have a good argument being pissed. I
> agree that the prices are way too steep. But
> nobody can deny the fact that it is in fact our
> choice to go to a concert or not.
>

PS: I was quoting an earlier post, Dimitri. :-)
But, enough now. We all made our point.

Date: October 12, 2005 12:18

Gazza Wrote:
> Try making a good one first, Kent!

You never stop before you've made me giggle. LOL. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home