Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Do you have a Stones fund?
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:33

We know that The Stones will be touring. Many of us attend multiple shows. My wife and I usually hit around 5 or 6. With the bad economy and high price tickets it's hard. I usually sell some junk on ebay or if I get some overtime I'll put it away. Two good tickets, hotel, and food usually add up around $1000 for each show. To me it's worth every penny. This is what I love so why not.

Re: Do you have a Stones fund?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:35

I'm saving up!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:40

I have other things perhaps more pressing on which to spend my meager ducats; mortgage, education funds and so on. Have fun at the shows! (if they transpire)

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:45

i have exactly enough to afford the number of shows i plan to attend next tour...

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:01

I think I will have to sell my body to young pretty women to afford some tickets.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:04

StonesTod
i have exactly enough to afford the number of shows i plan to attend next tour...

Which is zero?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 25, 2009 20:09

sweetcharmedlife
StonesTod

Which is zero?

well, if you're buying and promise me a nice evening out with flowers and everything. this is your big chance, big guy!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:18

Hell no. No need to. They won't come to New Orleans and even if they did I'd probably opt to not go based on their last tour's performances - if I wanted to pay money to go see a band play songs poorly I'd just go see Bag Of Donuts or some other awful cover band - and the fact that it will be equal to one house note payment is reason enough not to go.

If they do a new record I will be able to afford to get that however.

Date: September 25, 2009 20:20

bag o' donuts not cutting it anymore? i heard there were some holes in the band that needed filling....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:27

Maybe they'll start a side band called Donut Hole.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 25, 2009 21:11

Two people close to me passed away and left us some money. And I know that at least my old mother, who died in July, expected that the money she left me, would be spent on "Stones-stuff", as she called it. That's how she would have wanted it, and I'll honour her wish.
If this qualifies for a Stones-fund, yes, then we have one. Not touching the money before it's time to book airline tickets, though.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 25, 2009 21:17

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-25 21:24 by Edith Grove.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 25, 2009 21:21

Addicted
Two people close to me passed away and left us some money. And I know that at least my old mother, who died in July, expected that the money she left me, would be spent on "Stones-stuff", as she called it. That's how she would have wanted it, and I'll honour her wish.
If this qualifies for a Stones-fund, yes, then we have one. Not touching the money before it's time to book airline tickets, though.

The commissioner must reach out. A great honor to wish. No financial advice, but Bullish is the correct route ..I'm on the same boat.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 25, 2009 22:24

stones fund that is so funny to me .i have a pay the bills fund and buy some food and pay for the darn heat because winter is around the corner and lastly how could i forget taxes .which had to just pay for schooltaxes and then come january property taxes .so a stones fund is so funny to me .

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 25, 2009 22:37

its called visa and mastercard lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 25, 2009 23:13

Yes . . . but it's only a six-figure account, so I'd only be able to buy one seat in the nosebleed section.

Date: September 25, 2009 23:23

Does spending neaarly $7000 count? Seriously, my donations to the beloved is really exceeding the norm. I dodge coconuts on a daily basis and not rewarded (Tropics). Do I have to ask where is the love?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 25, 2009 23:24

Yes. My house will go on sale if needed. You only live once.

Bjornulf

Date: September 25, 2009 23:34

bv You only live once.[/quote

No. You live many different lives. Life is progressive within itself. In other words, one may feel a certain way one day and yet another given day. You know what I mean.

Commish.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 25, 2009 23:39

Break inta wishing-wells late at night....All ya need is a oxy-torch and a wet suit

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 25, 2009 23:46

No I don't and never have.

I've never felt the need to see every show - i saw about 6 in a row back during Voodoo Lounge and by the 5th show, the magic - longing to see them - butterflies in the stomach feelings were starting to fade a bit. I always want to feel like I'm jumping out of my skin when I see them - even if it means going to less shows.

For me, money does play a big role in how many shows i go see. If I feel guilty because i'm spending money that I should be spending on my son, then it also ruins the experience.

Date: September 25, 2009 23:47

Rockman
Break inta wishing-wells late at night....All ya need is a oxy-torch and a wet suit

I agree. But I have to sneak at the Stroke. There only seems to be protection when I'm at the pool mididnight.

Is typing against the law now?? LOL

Date: September 25, 2009 23:58

CindyC

I've never felt the need to see every show - i saw about 6 in a row back during Voodoo Lounge and by the 5th show, the magic - longing to see them - butterflies in the stomach feelings were starting to fade a bit. I always want to feel like I'm jumping out of my skin when I see them - even if it means going to less shows.

For me, money does play a big role in how many shows i go see. If I feel guilty because i'm spending money that I should be spending on my son, then it also ruins the experience.

There is never a bad experience being around family. Feel Guilty for being a great person? I'm the type that beleives we should all be included. What more do we have?

Don't worry Folks the Commissioner is always here.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 26, 2009 00:20

bv
Yes. My house will go on sale if needed. You only live once.

Excellent attitude, I approve totally. This ain't a dress rehearsal !!

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: September 26, 2009 00:29

My dad use to joke that he bought Jerry Garcia a mercedes benz with all of the concerts my brother and myself went to.

My parents left me a few coins, and I like to spend it on things they would approve. They loved travel. During there last 10 years I went on several trips with them; very fond memories.

Things are things- need to pay the mortgage and food. But, travel and concerts keep my soul alive. As Bob Dylan would say- 'Beg, borrow two nickels or a dime to call you on the phone'. I need to listen to keith and Mick!! I'll get to a couple of shows!

I drive a beat up truck. I have used furniture (except my bed). I will give up a lot to see the stones. My stones fund is my retirement fund; I guess I'll have to work until I'm 88, but I will have fond memories.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 26, 2009 16:20

dougie
My dad use to joke that he bought Jerry Garcia a mercedes benz with all of the concerts my brother and myself went to.

My parents left me a few coins, and I like to spend it on things they would approve. They loved travel. During there last 10 years I went on several trips with them; very fond memories.

Things are things- need to pay the mortgage and food. But, travel and concerts keep my soul alive. As Bob Dylan would say- 'Beg, borrow two nickels or a dime to call you on the phone'. I need to listen to keith and Mick!! I'll get to a couple of shows!

I drive a beat up truck. I have used furniture (except my bed). I will give up a lot to see the stones. My stones fund is my retirement fund; I guess I'll have to work until I'm 88, but I will have fond memories.

Great attitude dougie. I'm with you!

Date: September 26, 2009 16:47

No, they have it.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 26, 2009 21:09

Unfortunatly due to tough times, I can only affoard to have a Bail Fund.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-26 21:14 by ryanpow.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 26, 2009 21:24

CindyC

The ABB tour was the first time I ever "followed" a band such as it is. Travelling to Las Vegas, Phoenix and LA for shows. Before that, I caught every tour since Some Girls and started going to multiple shows when they played more than one here. I found travelling around to see them, I kind of lost that special feeling you talked about. Plus, with the stagnant setlists, I got bored. Because I knew exactly what was coming. Gonna take a wait and see attitude towards any new tour.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 27, 2009 00:04

i just can't afford it personally. and stadium shows are hard to tolerate for me...i honestly wouldn't go to see anyone at all at a stadium unless personally invited with excellent sound right from the stage...spoiled i guess...? ...i would love to see a, say, msg show, or some equivalent hockey rink kinda venue...w good seats...as i had in '72...good center floor seats for fifteen bux...and the best dang rock and roll show i have EVER seen in my life...to this very day. kind of a gross shame that we even have to be talking about developing a grand a night fund to follow a few shows...and even then w MOSTLY highly 'questionable' seating and Sonics...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home