Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Do you have a Stones fund?
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:33

We know that The Stones will be touring. Many of us attend multiple shows. My wife and I usually hit around 5 or 6. With the bad economy and high price tickets it's hard. I usually sell some junk on ebay or if I get some overtime I'll put it away. Two good tickets, hotel, and food usually add up around $1000 for each show. To me it's worth every penny. This is what I love so why not.

Re: Do you have a Stones fund?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:35

I'm saving up!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:40

I have other things perhaps more pressing on which to spend my meager ducats; mortgage, education funds and so on. Have fun at the shows! (if they transpire)

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:45

i have exactly enough to afford the number of shows i plan to attend next tour...

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:01

I think I will have to sell my body to young pretty women to afford some tickets.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:04

StonesTod
i have exactly enough to afford the number of shows i plan to attend next tour...

Which is zero?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 25, 2009 20:09

sweetcharmedlife
StonesTod

Which is zero?

well, if you're buying and promise me a nice evening out with flowers and everything. this is your big chance, big guy!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:18

Hell no. No need to. They won't come to New Orleans and even if they did I'd probably opt to not go based on their last tour's performances - if I wanted to pay money to go see a band play songs poorly I'd just go see Bag Of Donuts or some other awful cover band - and the fact that it will be equal to one house note payment is reason enough not to go.

If they do a new record I will be able to afford to get that however.

Date: September 25, 2009 20:20

bag o' donuts not cutting it anymore? i heard there were some holes in the band that needed filling....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:27

Maybe they'll start a side band called Donut Hole.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 25, 2009 21:11

Two people close to me passed away and left us some money. And I know that at least my old mother, who died in July, expected that the money she left me, would be spent on "Stones-stuff", as she called it. That's how she would have wanted it, and I'll honour her wish.
If this qualifies for a Stones-fund, yes, then we have one. Not touching the money before it's time to book airline tickets, though.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 25, 2009 21:17

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-25 21:24 by Edith Grove.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 25, 2009 21:21

Addicted
Two people close to me passed away and left us some money. And I know that at least my old mother, who died in July, expected that the money she left me, would be spent on "Stones-stuff", as she called it. That's how she would have wanted it, and I'll honour her wish.
If this qualifies for a Stones-fund, yes, then we have one. Not touching the money before it's time to book airline tickets, though.

The commissioner must reach out. A great honor to wish. No financial advice, but Bullish is the correct route ..I'm on the same boat.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 25, 2009 22:24

stones fund that is so funny to me .i have a pay the bills fund and buy some food and pay for the darn heat because winter is around the corner and lastly how could i forget taxes .which had to just pay for schooltaxes and then come january property taxes .so a stones fund is so funny to me .

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 25, 2009 22:37

its called visa and mastercard lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 25, 2009 23:13

Yes . . . but it's only a six-figure account, so I'd only be able to buy one seat in the nosebleed section.

Date: September 25, 2009 23:23

Does spending neaarly $7000 count? Seriously, my donations to the beloved is really exceeding the norm. I dodge coconuts on a daily basis and not rewarded (Tropics). Do I have to ask where is the love?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 25, 2009 23:24

Yes. My house will go on sale if needed. You only live once.

Bjornulf

Date: September 25, 2009 23:34

bv You only live once.[/quote

No. You live many different lives. Life is progressive within itself. In other words, one may feel a certain way one day and yet another given day. You know what I mean.

Commish.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 25, 2009 23:39

Break inta wishing-wells late at night....All ya need is a oxy-torch and a wet suit

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 25, 2009 23:46

No I don't and never have.

I've never felt the need to see every show - i saw about 6 in a row back during Voodoo Lounge and by the 5th show, the magic - longing to see them - butterflies in the stomach feelings were starting to fade a bit. I always want to feel like I'm jumping out of my skin when I see them - even if it means going to less shows.

For me, money does play a big role in how many shows i go see. If I feel guilty because i'm spending money that I should be spending on my son, then it also ruins the experience.

Date: September 25, 2009 23:47

Rockman
Break inta wishing-wells late at night....All ya need is a oxy-torch and a wet suit

I agree. But I have to sneak at the Stroke. There only seems to be protection when I'm at the pool mididnight.

Is typing against the law now?? LOL

Date: September 25, 2009 23:58

CindyC

I've never felt the need to see every show - i saw about 6 in a row back during Voodoo Lounge and by the 5th show, the magic - longing to see them - butterflies in the stomach feelings were starting to fade a bit. I always want to feel like I'm jumping out of my skin when I see them - even if it means going to less shows.

For me, money does play a big role in how many shows i go see. If I feel guilty because i'm spending money that I should be spending on my son, then it also ruins the experience.

There is never a bad experience being around family. Feel Guilty for being a great person? I'm the type that beleives we should all be included. What more do we have?

Don't worry Folks the Commissioner is always here.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 26, 2009 00:20

bv
Yes. My house will go on sale if needed. You only live once.

Excellent attitude, I approve totally. This ain't a dress rehearsal !!

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: September 26, 2009 00:29

My dad use to joke that he bought Jerry Garcia a mercedes benz with all of the concerts my brother and myself went to.

My parents left me a few coins, and I like to spend it on things they would approve. They loved travel. During there last 10 years I went on several trips with them; very fond memories.

Things are things- need to pay the mortgage and food. But, travel and concerts keep my soul alive. As Bob Dylan would say- 'Beg, borrow two nickels or a dime to call you on the phone'. I need to listen to keith and Mick!! I'll get to a couple of shows!

I drive a beat up truck. I have used furniture (except my bed). I will give up a lot to see the stones. My stones fund is my retirement fund; I guess I'll have to work until I'm 88, but I will have fond memories.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 26, 2009 16:20

dougie
My dad use to joke that he bought Jerry Garcia a mercedes benz with all of the concerts my brother and myself went to.

My parents left me a few coins, and I like to spend it on things they would approve. They loved travel. During there last 10 years I went on several trips with them; very fond memories.

Things are things- need to pay the mortgage and food. But, travel and concerts keep my soul alive. As Bob Dylan would say- 'Beg, borrow two nickels or a dime to call you on the phone'. I need to listen to keith and Mick!! I'll get to a couple of shows!

I drive a beat up truck. I have used furniture (except my bed). I will give up a lot to see the stones. My stones fund is my retirement fund; I guess I'll have to work until I'm 88, but I will have fond memories.

Great attitude dougie. I'm with you!

Date: September 26, 2009 16:47

No, they have it.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 26, 2009 21:09

Unfortunatly due to tough times, I can only affoard to have a Bail Fund.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-26 21:14 by ryanpow.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 26, 2009 21:24

CindyC

The ABB tour was the first time I ever "followed" a band such as it is. Travelling to Las Vegas, Phoenix and LA for shows. Before that, I caught every tour since Some Girls and started going to multiple shows when they played more than one here. I found travelling around to see them, I kind of lost that special feeling you talked about. Plus, with the stagnant setlists, I got bored. Because I knew exactly what was coming. Gonna take a wait and see attitude towards any new tour.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 27, 2009 00:04

i just can't afford it personally. and stadium shows are hard to tolerate for me...i honestly wouldn't go to see anyone at all at a stadium unless personally invited with excellent sound right from the stage...spoiled i guess...? ...i would love to see a, say, msg show, or some equivalent hockey rink kinda venue...w good seats...as i had in '72...good center floor seats for fifteen bux...and the best dang rock and roll show i have EVER seen in my life...to this very day. kind of a gross shame that we even have to be talking about developing a grand a night fund to follow a few shows...and even then w MOSTLY highly 'questionable' seating and Sonics...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1055
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home