Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.t. Stones rules--but 2nd i choose THE KINKS!
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 13, 2005 22:30

Beside all the 43 years carreer of the Stones, I like the Kinks, at least til 85
They are doing a lot of Awsome Albums like "well respected Kinks"--face to Face--"Misfits!"( in my opinion one of their greatest)
Ray Davies---beside Jagger/ Richards and Lennon/ Mc. Cartney---one of my top 5 songwriters.
Is somebody with me?

Re: O.t. Stones rules--but 2nd i choose THE KINKS!
Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 13, 2005 22:46

The Kinks '98 remasters (the debut thru Lola or Percy - let's say '70) are amazingly generous w/ bonus material, too. btw did you read Ray Davies' London Times piece on "Getting Shot In New Orleans" ?

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: September 13, 2005 23:02

I love "sleepwalker". fantastic guitars and drums. And so rich vocals.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 13, 2005 23:04

Kinks are great!!!....criminally underated...davies ranks up there with the best of the songwriters...God Save the Kinks!!! best to all

Posted by: davido ()
Date: September 14, 2005 05:32

I've been thoroughly enjoying the
Pye Album boxset lately -a
must have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: September 14, 2005 06:29

Saw the kinks many times. Always a great show. The Winterland shows were tremendous. Schoolboys in Disgrace and Soap Opera live were also a treat.

Posted by: RockR ()
Date: September 14, 2005 14:17

I love the Kinks, but I'd put the Who ahead of them. After 'Misfits', the only really good album the Kinks put out was 'State of Confusion'. I'd also rank Pete Townshend before Ray Davies as a songwriter. But unlike the Who, they did have the decency to know when to quit.

Posted by: crazymama ()
Date: September 14, 2005 18:50

I love the Kinks, too. They'll always be important for me like the Stones. Ray Davies is such a wonderful songwriter and singer. It's a pity that the Kinks won't tour anymore (unlikely with Daves disease).

"Arthur" and "Muswell Hillbillies" are my favourites, but also the newer "Phobia".

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: September 14, 2005 19:17

I love the Kinks also. Think you folks need to go a little further back to "The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society" and "Something Else". Absolute classics IMHO.

Karl

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: September 14, 2005 20:10

I love the Kinks - it's a shame they don't get back together and tour. Both Ray and Dave are touring near me soon - it's a shame it's separately.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home