Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My Take on a Bigger bang
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 2, 2005 00:16

First lets get it out of the way, this is no Stones classic on the level of Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed, Beggars Banquet, Some Girls, Tatoo You and to compare it to Exile it would be fanaticism, its not even close. Its better than Voodo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon, Steels Wheels, and about on the same level as Undercover.
It has a whole bunch of songs that would sound great live so l can't fanthom why they are doing stuff like Out Of Control, Heartbreaker, Miss you, ect when they could be doing good rockers like IT WON'T TAKE LONG,She saw me coming, Let me down slow, Dangerous Beauty,You driving too fast, and Keith should be doing This House instead of The Worst, it seems that they don't trust their fans to accept the new numbers. Mick's Ballads l can't stand, he should save them for his solo stuff.
STREETS OF LOVE, god l hate this song, Keith other song Imfamy sounds like a leftover from Talk is Cheap, but its ok.
Rough Justice very good
Sweet Neon is too PC. l don't like it
Has anyone notice how Dangerous Beauty has a riff very close to Eric Clapton's version of cocaine?
Enjoy it and get it for free. The Stones don't need any more money.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: My Take on a Bigger bang
Posted by: Bone Machine ()
Date: September 2, 2005 05:31

Burnt the songs to cd, so I was able to listen to it on my car stero, full blast!
Big difference from the computer, sounds fuller and powerfull.

There is a lot to like on this album, Dangerous Beauty rocks I don't hear cocaine in it, but I hear Keith's open G riff...and he make's it sound fresh everytime.
I also dislike SOL, Sweet Neo Con is just a bunch of hype not much going on in this one.I think it's there best since Tattoo You, it has something for everyone.

Posted by: marston ()
Date: September 2, 2005 06:00

We all like this band and deep down inside, if we are honest, we would buy an album of them singing children's nursery rhymes. How about Keith singing Little Bo Peep, in open G of course!

Why do we refuse to allow any of the post Tatto You material to be "classic Stones"? Exile ON Main St. is suppose to be the high water mark for the Stones. It is an excellent album, but what about "Just Want To See His Face"? That's a real warhorse I want to hear on the set list every night. I hope you all know I am kidding. My point is that all of their albums have songs we like and songs we don't. For me there are not too many I do not like. Emotional Rescue and Hang Fire are probably the two I like the least.

Why can't we all just enjoy the new music from our favorite band and accept the fact that differnet people have differnet taste in music? What I think is the best song you may think is "The Worst".

Who knows, maybe Mick or Keith will read this and they will do an album of nursery rhymes! If Madonna can write children's stories I don't see why Keith couldn't sing Rock a Bye Baby.

Please take this post in the humorous attitude it was written. I do not want to start a war with anyone on here.

Greg

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: September 2, 2005 06:46

marston Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . My point
> is that all of their albums have songs we like and
> songs we don't.

I agree. While there are a few Stones albums that I think are perfect, most have a song or two that if I'm listening to a CD all the way through as a piece of entertainment, I will listen to the songs (not skip) and appreciate their finer points. I tend to be super critical of new Stones CDs, and if they're not perfect, I feel let down - I know its not logical, and I will try not to do that with ABB when I finally get my hands on it next week! I've only heard a couple of songs so far.

I know I'm in the minority, but I LOVE SOL!

And I listened to VL the other day, and by God it IS almost perfect! Maybe that is the modern Exile. And if ABB is even better, than what does that make it, the best since Sticky Fingers, LIB?

OH the humanity! smiling smiley

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: September 2, 2005 10:19

Why on earth must everything after '72 be compared with the great exile/fingers, etc..are we the same persons since, does everyone feel/think the same?
There are a lot of great songs after (and before) exile for different reasons and different people with different taste>>

My god, play the serie let it bleed up to exile and throw away all the other albums and find another band to follow >>

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 2, 2005 17:22

marston Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about Keith singing
> Little Bo Peep, in open G of course!

LOL!!!!!!!! grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley
Or he should do a rap. It would go: "MAry had a little lamb, his coat was white as @#$%& snow". grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 2, 2005 17:56

good point - for instance I could argue that Just Wanna See His Face is the best track on Exile....

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: September 2, 2005 23:24

I was trying to be funny/ironic... get a sense of humor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home