Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Toronto Story
Date: August 19, 2005 00:50

I just received this email from a great friend who was visiting Toronto while the Stones were in town. Needless to say, he's a major fan too. Here it is...

When i was in Toronto , Chris , Rory and I went to "Stones Place" . It was closed and we had walked far in the rain but we rescued the owner's cat from a jam it was in out front, so he (Jerry Stone-- i think his name was Jerry) noticed, let us in and gave us the 'private tour' which was awesome! told us of his many meetings with Mick and the boys, wish I had remebered to get a photo with the guy. He is a lot like Keith in the way he swaggers and slurs his speech. a very colorful character! He said that the coming Saturday nite Blondie and Bobby Keys were going to be coming in to his club to do a midnite show for a cover of only 10$. wished I could have gone... he said there was a chance some of the stones might have made an impromptu visit..

I didn't get to the school where the rehearsals were going on ... ran out of time... had a great visit with C and R, my 'rock n roll nephews'... got to meet Jim Cuddy of Blue Rodeo and see the  studio which Chris runs.  awesome. Chris put in a 'pitch' to Jerry Stone to let the Stones know they could use the studio if tey wanted to .. a long shot...

The other cool Stones thing.... several weeks back, Rory was coming in to Toronto from Kingston. He pulled in to a service centre, went to the washroom for a leak and guess who was standinhg in the urinal beside him...yup, Mick Jagger!! isn't that wild!
Rory wasn't sure it was him (sunglasses so he follwed him outside and listened while he made a phone call. the english accent confirmed it-- Mick! too bad it was Rory nstead of one of us! an unusual way to get a brush with fame...

Only 2 days till the tour starts in Boston..

Re: Toronto Story
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 19, 2005 00:55

Geez...Hot stuff... Pissin' beside Mick

ROCKMAN

Posted by: limeybstrd ()
Date: August 19, 2005 02:49

Can I interrupt with a completely off-Stones, but somewhat related funny story? Good. Some 23 years ago, Gary Glitter was playing at Swansea University. My mate was taking a leak before the gig, when in walked Gary himself, in full Gary gear, make-up, silver suit, boots, the lot, and goes to the urinal next to my friend. As he's pissing, he turns and says "It's going to be a great show tonight." My mate looks at him and completely straight-faced says, "Yeah I know, Gary Glitter's playing".

Of course, had he known then what we know know about Mr. Glitter, he would have zipped up and ran.

LONG LIVE THE STONES

Posted by: Jack Flash ()
Date: August 19, 2005 04:27

Not nearly as cool, but I was pissing at a urinal about two years ago when Donovan McNabb sauntered up to the urinal next to me. Never said anything to him. I mean, what do you say to a star who's pissing next to you?

Posted by: davido ()
Date: August 19, 2005 23:11

Like your friends "you are there"
story, done in the first person,
Richard. Thanks!

Posted by: joyride ()
Date: August 19, 2005 23:30

Its a well known fact that the Stones will drop in to Dan Aykroyd's house just north of Kingston while in Ontario. I live in Kingston and have heard from many reputable sorces that Keith and Ronnie visited Mr. Aykroyd around the time of the SARS concert at Downsview Park.

It isn't impossible that Mick stopped for a leak there, but based on his schedule during the rehearsals, I don't know how the man had anytime to go to Kingston let alone stop for a leak. (-: just kidding.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home