Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

distance between keith and ronnie?
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 7, 2005 23:35

i've read hints here and there that keith and ronnie are no longer close. is this true? has something (or someone) driven a wedge between them?

drew

Re: distance between keith and ronnie?
Posted by: davido ()
Date: August 7, 2005 23:41

For what it's worth they are usually
the last two out of rehearsals, but
leave separately, in their own cars.
Hard to read a whole lot into this.....

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 7, 2005 23:53

Hints? Rather an understatement...Some can be heard on Voodoo Brew/Stew (hints)...And since we can only gauge things on what is 'readable' to the public (i.e. fans), it would seem a number of things have gone on in the post-Dirty Work era. Keith is likely frustrated by the way Ron's addictions influence his reliability, and ability, & since KR has a strong sense of pride (partly borne out in reality, partly not), or something like it, in his own capacity for getting through life & work while chemically altered, there is perhaps some contempt towards those who cannot. I'd hazard a guess that KR feels threatened by somebody either getting sober (Bill mentioned this relating to K's freezing BW out during the deepest heroin years) OR sliding back into addictive behaviour...In 2003 RW said he'd visited KR in K's hotel room around twice during the entire Licks tour. Then there's the Mick factor, not so different from what Marianne described regarding Brian 35 years ago: Keith's M.O. of shifting loyalties (to Brian/Ron) when he has problems w/ Mick, or some other agenda, then finally back to Mick when the K.R. sense of 'balance' is restored, anger subsides, etc.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: August 7, 2005 23:54

Rumour has it that Keith and Ronnie have become a little more distancd over the issue of soberity. Ronnie needs to stay sober for his health, and for no uncertain terms his future as a performing Rolling Stone. Keith however has no such limits placed on him. Anyone that has tried to escape substance abuse will tell you it is much easier without temptation right in your face.

However since none of us are actually there, all of this is only filtered to us through the rumour mill.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 8, 2005 00:30

Very wise summing up johnr. we've talked about this kind of stuff off the board in the past. That is the way I see it too. Keith is very quick in the press, he grew up in the papers; and he can be lethal and cruel when he fells like it. In the past he's had Ronnie as his whipping boy. Ron's addictions made him an easy target. But now Ron stands on his own, his own man and thuis probabaly frightens Keith more than anything. So he lashes out even more.
I dug the sessions on brew/ Stew but did not dig keith's bullshit in the vox booth at all. I know Ron is the ultimate getalong dude but I would have decked keith.

Posted by: marston ()
Date: August 8, 2005 05:59

What tracks on Brew/Stew does this take place?

Greg

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 8, 2005 06:16

It's like an 11 minute session of the BU vox on (I think) You got it made".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home