Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

keith is a great singer. better than dylan and consorts
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: July 19, 2005 17:52

he touches me deep in my heart. I don't make the list. He touches me from A to Z. Just one : listen to slipping away at Twickenham. Isn't that "SOUL MUSIC". PERHAPS THE BETTER with JAGGER. Perhaps it's the reason they are the best band since some years.

Re: keith is a great singer. better than dylan and consorts
Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: July 19, 2005 19:42

Yeah, he is an excellent singer (no matter how shot his voice might have been... but I thought it was great in the last big tour) and in a way shows his skilled choir boy education. I lack the technical knowledge to describe it, but his choice of notes when he adlibs a bit around the melody line never seems predictable to me. I love it!

Re: Keith is a great singer
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 19, 2005 21:34

Keith sure can sing - and yeah, you know the cat's got sssoul.
the way his voice and his playing work together - now *that's* fine weaving.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Re: Keith is a great singer
Posted by: joyride ()
Date: July 19, 2005 21:41

I agree, I love when Keith takes the mic. I only wish he'd do it more. My dad would disagree but what the hell does he know.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 19, 2005 21:50

This thread is like music in an ooool´ baboon´s ears.
It´s like the whole rain forest sings.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 19, 2005 23:02

Keith sings better than Pavorotti,,,

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: July 19, 2005 23:05

He's a dreadfull singer and I sometimes feel embarresed at some of his attempts. He can no longer hold a tune, mumbles the words or forgets them all together. Also his guitar playing goes to pot when he sings, he finds it impossible to sing and strum at the same time. Until recently I thought that at least some of his studio efforts where good but look at the last offering, "Loosing my Touch", it was awfull, I really can't listen to that song anymore. And "Happy" at Wembley Arena last tour was possibly one of the worst versions of any song I have ever heard. Can he even remember what the song sounds like?

I hate to knock anything that the stones do and of course I have complete admiration and respect for all that they have done, but I strongly disagree that Keith is "a great singer", especially at this moment. "IS", maybe the word "WAS" would be better 'cause he just can't do it anymore. I have no doubt that he knows how to sing, he is obviously a very clever musically minded guy and has proved his singing credentials in the past, but not anymore - sorry!

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 19, 2005 23:22

Have to agree with Skelly on this one. Also, it probably doesn't take much to be a better singer that Dylan.
One song that I really like Keith's singing on is We Had It All. I wish the Stones would have released that song.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: July 19, 2005 23:26

I have to agree with the last two posts. He may sing with lots of emotion and all but a good singer. No way. And I also agree with what is said about his guitar playing while he sings, he really doesn't bother to play it at all. Just watch Four Flicks.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 20, 2005 00:15

Bad beer tonite brothers?

Posted by: scenearts ()
Date: July 20, 2005 00:46

keith has soul in his voice. He aint a great singer, but it works - sometimes.
Slipping away is a beautiful song, one of the Stones best songs ever I think.
Bit like Marianne Faithfull - her voice is a reflection of all she is, and all she has seen and been through - maybe you could say that about Keith.Dylans voice is rough - I love Dylan. or Tom WAITS etc so he aint alone in having a dodgy delivery

Good Keith stuff;

Thru and Thru
SLipping away
you got the silver
Main Offender -whole album
Happy.

My mate says Keith only sings live to give Mick a break, and everyone else time to get to the toilets.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: July 20, 2005 01:56

What is wrong with the 3 FF performances? So he doesn't play guitar and sing at the same time. So do lots of other singers. I think Keith is a beautiful singer on those three - which I based my above judgement on - a mastery of very diverse styles. Not sloppy at all...

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: July 20, 2005 02:12

exactly, more he sings, less he plays in the ballads 'cause he love singin' more and more. But when he takes the guitar, it's not to imitate clapton's clichés, but to make emotions. Personaly I love losing my touch. Of course, and I understand, those one who don't like that song don't talk about the same thing when they talk...(incredible how we are so different even just for Stones fans. But, it's all right like this, fortunately, and very funny.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 20, 2005 02:46

I like "Losing My Touch" very much.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: July 20, 2005 02:48

keith is a beatyful singer? come on his the worst singer i,ve heard of all time in my 47 year.just dreadful,horrible,for those who,ll thinkn his a good singer. whAT A THASTE YOU HAVE.JUST TREMENDOUS HORRIBLE

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: July 20, 2005 03:40

You people are nuts. Do you also like the sound of a dog being hit by a car?

smiling smiley

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: July 20, 2005 05:28

Soul or not his voice is crap and he knows it. Hence the microphone avoidance.
I find it an odd thing that he wants to sing at all let alone two songs live - esp without Mick.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: July 20, 2005 10:57

Keith is a great singer!Dylan and Ronnie are very close seconds.Lets hope we hear 2 numbers on that opening night!Its countdown time.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 20, 2005 11:03

He is not a good singer, but I like to listen to him singing.
It has soul, there is lots of emotion in it and it has the kind of raggedness that I love on Keith!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: jss ()
Date: July 20, 2005 12:22

thru and thru is a great song...could have stood you up has some good rockin' vocals and nice guitar work...

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: July 20, 2005 12:38

Eileen is probably the best solo rnr song.
Hate it when you leave the best Keef ballad
You dont have to mean it("Just pretend your in the tropics")the best Keef reggae track.

And of course Run Rudolph run is @#$%& brilliant.

Posted by: blackn'blue ()
Date: July 20, 2005 22:36

keith sings better beer after beer, no seriously he brings much more emotions into his singing then for example Mr. Bono

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: July 21, 2005 00:03

Keith has heart and passion but he is a dreadful singer. To each his own though..

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 21, 2005 00:33

One can argue about the deterioration of the early Keith voice a la Billie Holiday's late period (not saying KR is in league w/ one of the 20th century's most remarkable vocalists), but do the anti-Keiths really not think his turn on 'You Got the Silver' is like cool clear creek after the darkness of MR?? Or that it is entirely appropriate for the haunted 'Coming Down Again'?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home