Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: A Super Deluxe Box Set edition of Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! Including three vinyl LP's , and the Rolling Stones' signatures.
Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: September 11, 2009 05:39

"The film, which will have its world premiere at the New York Film Festival on Sept. 26, also shows Janis Joplin dancing offstage during the Stones’ performance of “Satisfaction,” the band meeting up with the Grateful Dead in a heliport, and an album mixing session at Olympic Studios in London."

"The film"? How long can this thing be if there are only 5 songs in it?

Re: A Super Deluxe Box Set edition of Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! Including three vinyl LP's , and the Rolling Stones' signatures.
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 11, 2009 05:54

Elmo
So, we're all agreed that this is worth having, represents good value for money (no matter what it costs) and that we are not being exploited or short changed here?

It's just that it's largely a reissue of music we've had for years with lots of garnish - repro signatures, support acts, posters. flim flam....it's a money spinner and we're expected to suck it up with gratitude.

If you're thinking, "Maybe if we refuse to buy this, they'll get the message and do it right next time", forget it. If we refuse to buy this, it'll be the last time they even try to put anything like this together for us.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: September 11, 2009 06:38

Disappointment aside, I'll be buying it. I don't own Ya-Ya's currently after my SACD edition went a bit flaky. I'll just burn disc 1 and disc 2 onto a single cdr and put it in my SACD edition digipack for convenience.

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: September 11, 2009 08:04

this is probably a more accurate description of the film:

The film, which will have its world premiere at the New York Film Festival on Sept. 26, also shows:
* Janis Joplin dancing offstage during the Stones’ performance of “Satisfaction,” (length of time 3 seconds)
* the band meeting up with the Grateful Dead in a heliport (19 seconds)
* and an album mixing session at Olympic Studios in London (41 seconds)

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: September 11, 2009 09:23

studiorambo
Disappointment aside, I'll be buying it. I don't own Ya-Ya's currently after my SACD edition went a bit flaky. I'll just burn disc 1 and disc 2 onto a single cdr and put it in my SACD edition digipack for convenience.

That doesn't bode well for the SACD's, if one of yours has gone a bit flaky already

Posted by: peter ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:16

RE:..footage of Hendrix backstage included on this new box set.....I watched my Criterion version of Gimme Shelter last night with the commentary by the Maysles brothers for the first time...the segment of the band backstage with Ike & Tina was showing and one of the brothers mentioned that Hendrix was backstage as still photographs prove..but what puzzeled them was that they didn't have any footage of Jimi hanging out with them...according to the above information, footage of the band backstage with Hendrix is included....hhhmmm...just thoughtI would point this detail out.....peter

Date: September 11, 2009 10:43

adotulipson

That doesn't bode well for the SACD's, if one of yours has gone a bit flaky already

I wouldn't be too concerned, I really put my Ya-Ya's SACD through the ringer. It lived in my car through two long and very hot Melbourne (Australia) summers. My other SACD's, like Hot Rocks, are pristine to this day, but never endured the heat treatment.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 11, 2009 11:17

peter
RE:..footage of Hendrix backstage included on this new box set.....I watched my Criterion version of Gimme Shelter last night with the commentary by the Maysles brothers for the first time...the segment of the band backstage with Ike & Tina was showing and one of the brothers mentioned that Hendrix was backstage as still photographs prove..but what puzzeled them was that they didn't have any footage of Jimi hanging out with them...according to the above information, footage of the band backstage with Hendrix is included....hhhmmm...just thoughtI would point this detail out.....peter

i have footage of Hendrix playing Taylor's guitar left-handed...
Unfortunately, as the Maysles bros have stated, is that there's no audio to this !!!
But the footage lasts roughly 2-3 mins...could be more. Pity there's no audio...

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: September 11, 2009 11:31

The complete(i presume) Hendrix/Stones footage is on youtube

Posted by: Hase ()
Date: September 11, 2009 14:18

Hello @ all!
I have to buy the super deluxe box GYYYO. With the 3 Vinyl :-)
I have searched all over the www but I can't find out the price.
Does anybody knows it?

Sorry, for my "broken english"

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: September 11, 2009 17:00

thkbeercan
"The film, which will have its world premiere at the New York Film Festival on Sept. 26, also shows Janis Joplin dancing offstage during the Stones’ performance of “Satisfaction,” the band meeting up with the Grateful Dead in a heliport, and an album mixing session at Olympic Studios in London."

"The film"? How long can this thing be if there are only 5 songs in it?

27 min says the NYFF site

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 11, 2009 17:06

It was nice to read the thread on the Stones vikings page.

Very positive and up-beat bunch of guys which was proven when I met some of 'em on the last tour.

Personally I'm completely stoked about the new Ya-Ya's release and can't believe negative reation towards it. of course people are entitled to their opiion, and evrybody has one. but this to me looks like a great release.

All in all it looks like the forthcoming months (and next few years hopefully) are be be great for Stones fans. I'd be more pissed off if there were going to be NO new releases and no optimistic perspectives on a forthcoming tour/album.

so lets get rockin' Life's too short to be miserable. make the most of what ya got.

Keep on rockin brothers and sisters.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: September 11, 2009 17:17

Monkeytonkman

Very positive and up-beat bunch of guys which was proven when I met some of 'em on the last tour.

Personally I'm completely stoked about the new Ya-Ya's release and can't believe negative reation towards it. of course people are entitled to their opiion, and evrybody has one. but this to me looks like a great release.

All in all it looks like the forthcoming months (and next few years hopefully) are be be great for Stones fans. I'd be more pissed off if there were going to be NO new releases and no optimistic perspectives on a forthcoming tour/album.

so lets get rockin' Life's too short to be miserable. make the most of what ya got.

very well put.....speaking on behalf of myself....I am buying everything new that comes out.....just because

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 15, 2009 14:38

I apologize if this has already been posted :

(PR) November 26 and 27 mark the 40th anniversary of the recording of the Rolling Stones concerts at Madison Square Garden that yielded the epochal Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!, the band's definitive live album. In recognition of that historic occasion when "The World's Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band" played "The World's Greatest Stage," ABKCO Records will release Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The Rolling Stones In Concert – 40th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set and a Super Deluxe Box Set on November 3rd and November 17th respectively.
The late Lester Bangs reviewing the original album in the November 12, 1970 issue of Rolling Stone wrote, "It's still too soon to tell, but I'm beginning to think Ya-Ya's just might be the best album they ever made. I have no doubt that it's the best rock concert ever put on record."

The Deluxe Box Set comprises three audio CDs including a remastered disc of the original Ya-Ya's repertoire as well as a disc of five previously unreleased Stones tracks recorded at the same Madison Square Garden shows. The third CD encompasses unreleased performances by the shows' stellar openers: B.B. King and Ike & Tina Turner, five songs from the former and seven songs from the latter. The Box Set also includes a 56-page Collectors Edition book featuring photos and an essay by Ethan Russell, the acclaimed photographer who accompanied the Stones on the '69 tour, as well as the original Rolling Stone Magazine review by Lester Bangs and a series of recollections from a cross-section of fans who attended the concerts and a replica of the original Stones '69 tour poster by David Byrd. There will be a code in a limited number of Box Sets enabling fans to download "I'm Free" for Guitar Hero 5.

Included as well is a bonus DVD by legendary filmmakers Albert and David Maysles, also entitled Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The film includes brilliantly shot full-length performances of the five previously unreleased Stones songs -- "Prodigal Son, " "You Gotta Move," "Under My Thumb," "I'm Free" and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction." Beyond the song performances – presented in 5.1 surround sound -- the film includes a sequence with Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Jack the donkey during the cover shoot for the Ya-Ya's album and backstage tête-à-têtes between Keith Richards, Jimi Hendrix and Mick Taylor. During "Satisfaction" Janis Joplin is seen doing an impromptu boogaloo at the side of the stage. There is also a sequence shot at Olympic Studios in London during a mixing session plus a heliport summit meeting with the Grateful Dead. The film will have its world premiere at the New York Film Festival on September 26.

The Super Deluxe edition of Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The Rolling Stones in Concert includes all of the content of the Deluxe edition with the addition of three vinyl LPs, one of which has etched images featuring the cover art and the Rolling Stones' signatures. The accompanying Collectors Edition Book and poster in the Super Deluxe edition have also been expanded to 12 x 12.

ABKCO CEO Jody Klein, in announcing these releases, commented, "The 40th Anniversary Ya-Ya's Box Sets not only capture the entire musical performances of the Garden concerts for the first time ever but, with the addition of Ethan Russell's intimate photographs and the Maysles revealing film footage, recreate the magic and mystique of the shows for everyone to experience. It is clear now, 40 years later, that Lester Bangs had it right when he wrote that Ya-Yas was the best rock concert ever put on record."

Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The Rolling Stone In Concert – 40th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set track listing

Audio disc #1: original Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out album repertoire (remastered)
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. Carol
3. Stray Cat Blues
4. Love In Vain
5. Midnight Rambler
6. Sympathy For The Devil
7. Live With Me
8. Little Queenie
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Street Fighting Man
Audio disc #2: unreleased Rolling Stones tracks
1. Prodigal Son
2. You Gotta Move
3 Under My Thumb
4. I'm Free
5. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Audio disc #2: B.B. King / Ike & Tina Turner sets
1. Everyday I Have The Blues
2. How Blue Can You Get
3. That's Wrong Little Mama
4. Why I Sing The Blues
5. Please Accept My Love
6. Gimme Some Loving
7. Sweet Soul Music
8. Son Of A Preacher Man
9. Proud Mary
10. I've Been Loving You Too Long
11. Come Together
12. Land Of 1000 Dances
Tracks 1 - 5: B.B. King
Tracks 6 - 12: Ike & Tina Turner

DVD: Maysles Brothers" Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out film
1. Prodigal Son
2. You Gotta Move
3. Under My Thumb
4. I'm Free
5. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 15, 2009 14:45

i still do not understand if the vinyl lps come WITH or INSTEAD OF the audio cds. Can someone make this clear? thanx

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 15, 2009 14:57

A Super Deluxe Box Set edition of Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! The Rolling Stones In Concert follows on Nov. 17. It includes everything in the Deluxe version as well as three vinyl LPs, one with etched images of the cover art and the Rolling Stones' signatures. The Deluxe version’s book and poster have also been enlarged to 12 x 12-inch size in the Super Deluxe version.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 15, 2009 14:58

maumau
i still do not understand if the vinyl lps come WITH or INSTEAD OF the audio cds. Can someone make this clear? thanx

With the cds in the superdeluxe edition.

The Super Deluxe edition of Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The Rolling Stones in Concert includes all of the content of the Deluxe edition with the addition of three vinyl LPs,

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 18, 2009 15:45

in SHM it will be better if you prefer the cd version

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 18, 2009 16:07

thank you swaystones

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: September 18, 2009 22:29

Monkeytonkman

Thanks Monkeytonkman for your positive comments about our Stones Vikings page.

We are a bunch of diehard Stones fans with a positive thinking you know. Personally I cannot even for one second understand the trashing of this issue that goes on over here.
I mean, we are getting a nice upgrade and wonderful packing of one of the greatest live LP’s of all time. This even with ADDITIONAL MATERIAL NEVER BEFORE RELEASED, and still you people are crying. My heart burs for vinyl and I will even get it in my favourite format, you know, the big black one with a tiny hole in it, yeaah

Ya Ya’s has to be as it is. If some of you are looking for a complete show, then it is not Ya Ya’s as we know it today but something completely different. It would be “Live In MSG” or “Altamont Disaster” or what ever if they issue a full gig. But it aint Ya Ya’s in that case anymore.

Nothing but spoiled cry babies around here….

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Oveinvain ()
Date: September 18, 2009 22:33

Thank you Monkeytonkman!

As you know we are positive guys and we look forward to all good stuff that are coming in the nearest future.
Everything can be better but now we will get some some good stuff!

Rock on all Stones lovers!

[www.stonesvikings.com]

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 18, 2009 22:34

Monkeytonkman

'

Thanks, you´re not to bad yourself smiling smiley The thread Monkeytonk Man is talking about is this, if anyone is interested :
[mickijaggeroo.proboards.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-18 22:35 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: rob ()
Date: September 18, 2009 22:38

Monkeman !
Your the Man !
Hope To see you on the next tour !

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 18, 2009 23:01

Yep, see you on the next tour!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 18, 2009 23:10

Hmmm, looks like the annual NSV meeting in here winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: September 19, 2009 01:33

Jan Richards

You're kidding right?

Date: September 19, 2009 01:39

toomuchforme
in SHM it will be better if you prefer the cd version

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Ooh yes, that layer of super high material makes the deft touch of Taylor sound so so much sweeter lol. I got that email too. The price is stiff, but maybe the packaging will be superior. I'm not sure I'm a fan of big clumsy, cheap looking quad-fold digipacks, like the West seems to be getting. It would be nice to see a picture of the Mini-LP Japanese edition.

Re: A Super Deluxe Box Set edition of Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! Including three vinyl LP's , and the Rolling Stones' signatures.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Posted by: rob ()
Date: September 19, 2009 12:43

"Mini-LP Japanese edition."
Like they always do these "mini..............."
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
(Fill out the form !)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-19 12:48 by rob.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 19, 2009 13:59

Hey hey! Great to hear from some of you awesome Stones vikings!!!

Don't forget, Party at my camper van again on the next tour!

Looking forward to it!!

Lets get Rocking!!!!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 19, 2009 14:59

y
Jan Richards
Personally I cannot even for one second understand the trashing of this issue that goes on over here.
I mean, we are getting a nice upgrade and wonderful packing of one of the greatest live LP’s of all time. This even with ADDITIONAL MATERIAL NEVER BEFORE RELEASED, and still you people are crying. My heart burs for vinyl and I will even get it in my favourite format, you know, the big black one with a tiny hole in it, yeaah

Ya Ya’s has to be as it is. If some of you are looking for a complete show, then it is not Ya Ya’s as we know it today but something completely different. It would be “Live In MSG” or “Altamont Disaster” or what ever if they issue a full gig. But it aint Ya Ya’s in that case anymore.

"One of the greatest"... why to be so humble.. it is "THE greatest live LP of all time"!!! Nothing less!!!grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-19 15:01 by Doxa.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home