Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ry Cooder new album
Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: June 18, 2005 02:21

Chavez Ravine. Any good?

[images.amazon.com]

[p207.ezboard.com]

Re: Ry Cooder new album
Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: June 18, 2005 03:29

Havent heard, do you know the name of it?

"Is it any wonder that we fuss and fight"

Date: June 18, 2005 21:56

The album is called "Chavez Ravine", just out.

Album Description
Ry Cooder's Chavez Ravine is-a post-World War II-era American narrative of "cool cats," radios, UFO sightings, J.Edgar Hoover, red scares, and baseball.Using real and imagined historical characters, Cooder and friends creates an album that recollects various aspects of the poor but vibrant hillside Chicano cummunity, which was bulldozed by developed in the interest of "progress."

Jim Keltner (of JK/Charlie Watts project CD) also plays on it.

Personnel include: Ry Cooder (vocals, various instruments, guitar, tres, organ); Bla Pahinui (vocals, guitar, ukulele); Lalo Guerrero (vocals, guitar); Don Tosti, Lalo Guerrero, Little Willie G., Rudy Salas, Juliette Commagere, Ersi Arvizu, Rosella Arvizu, Michael Guerra, Carla Commagere, Jacob Garcia (vocals); David Hidalgo, Led Kaapana (guitar); Flaco Jimenez (accordion); Gil Bernal (tenor saxophone); Mike Bolger (trumpet, valve trombone, organ); Jon Hassell (trumpet); Chucho Valdes, Jacky Terrasson, Joe Rotondi (piano); Mike Elizondo, Jared Smith (bass instrument); Jim Keltner (drums); Joachim Cooder (timbales); Sunny Levine (drum programming). Recording information: The Village Recorder, Los Angeles, California (2005); Sound City, Van Nuys, California

Some reviews:

CUSTOMER REVIEWS

Average Rating: 5 stars out of 5

(2 reviews submitted)
timeless,endless quality
great mix of songs from 50's style to date, with a collection of top notch musicians in tow make this another classic, from one of my top 5 artists of all time miss it if you dare
Submitted by johnthompson52 in tyne & wear uk

A Record By Ry Cooder
There are many definitions for the word "record" in the english language. Ry has covered them all and more with his latest. The audio recording pallet doesn't seem to be big enough for the creativity found within this record. And sonically beyond what I ever imagined a studio in L.A. in 2005 could produce. Album of the year without question.
Submitted by kb in Milwaukee, WI

[p207.ezboard.com]

Date: June 18, 2005 23:16

I think I like his 2003 cd "Mambo Sinuendo" better, now that I listened to tracks on Amazon.

Also, listen to his countryish cover of RS "All Over Now" from the cd "Paradise & Lunch":

[www.amazon.com]

[p207.ezboard.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home