Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Can Anyone Identify the Guy In This Photo With Brian Jones?
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 14, 2010 20:56

EdiSchwager
I just don't know about this silly jokes... Maybe some people just should go to some other webpages. I don't give a f***. But I think it's very disrespectful to the original poster originalstones who asked a serious question. - But also my respect to all the people who tried the best to help to solve this question of another Stones fan.

Yeah,I often feel the same.
Unfortunately that's the way many interesting threads go.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 14, 2010 20:58

EdiSchwager
I just don't know about this silly jokes... Maybe some people just should go to some other webpages. I don't give a f***. But I think it's very disrespectful to the original poster originalstones who asked a serious question. - But also my respect to all the people who tried the best to help to solve this question of another Stones fan.

Eh!? The answer was given more than 6 months ago. It's right above your first post.

Why did you post a myspace link to someone else? Is that you being helpful?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-14 20:59 by His Majesty.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: June 14, 2010 21:17

EdiSchwager
The answer is very easy. First go to www.google.com/images and search for '"Brian Jones" moustache'. And you'll find shots of the guy. If you want to get in touch with him, go to his myspace-account: [www.myspace.com].
It's so easy to solve a problem like that. I think a lot of users sadly don't know how to use google and the web in general. - Hope, I could be of any help. Otherwise ask your question or comment.

I'd hardly call that a respectful response...

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: June 14, 2010 21:52

... And by the way, if you follow the instructions outlined above, you'll find it really was the international terrorist Carlos.

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: June 14, 2010 22:46

Phil Kaufman on Tony Foutz & The Stones:

Q - Were you the Road Manager for The Stones?
A - Well, not exactly a Road Manager, more of an in-house confidante in the studio. I never toured with them. I worked on Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, and we've kept contact to go back to England with him, and look after Brian Jones, but the parole board wouldn't give me a passport, so I didn't go, and he died. Then I met Gram Parsons through Keith. I was there when Gram sat down with a big stack of records and I played d.j. Gram told me what to play, to give them a hint about country music, and then they did country music.

Q - Did the Stones treat you pretty good?
A - Just like one of the guys. I was an employee, but I never felt like I was an employee. I knew they were the boss and I was working for them, and I didn't take liberties, but I always felt comfortable with them. They were very generous. I thought I was assisting and helping them, so I felt I was contributing in my own small way, to their comfort, which gave them the flexibility to concentrate on their music. I took care of all the little, petty business deals, shopping, security, booking studio time, getting them to work on time, making sure they were comfortable in the studio, screening their calls, keeping them healthy. That in turn gave them the impetus to get on with what they were supposed to do, and that's make music, good music.

Q - It was a mutual friend who introduced you to The Stones?
A - Right. Tony Foutz. He introduced me to Mick Jaggar, and their producer Jimmy Miller. They just had the hit "Jumpin' Jack Flash," and were in the process of mixing Beggar's Banquet. They needed someone to look after them, someone to drive them, and do as I described earlier. It wasn't very well defined what they wanted, but the guy loaned me some money to buy a pair of shoes to go to work, and that night I came home with a new Cadillac and fifteen hundred dollars, and this thing they call rock 'n roll, and I've been in it ever since.

[www.famousinterview.ca]

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 15, 2010 00:43

EdiSchwager
I just don't know about this silly jokes... Maybe some people just should go to some other webpages. I don't give a f***. But I think it's very disrespectful to the original poster originalstones who asked a serious question.

woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

originalstones can speak for himself...we're just having a little fun...and keeping this thread from falling into oblivion.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: June 15, 2010 00:53

DELETED

Date: December 31, 2010 15:59

Are we sure about Fouts?

I could be wrong but I suspect this is actually Alex Mardas, or "Magic Alex" as he was known to Brian and John Lennon.

Date: December 31, 2010 16:05

The point here is this. If you read the above interviews then you see that Foutz began his association with them during the Beggars period. Well, I'm almost certain that the photos linked here are of Brian when he met the Maharishi in Hamburg, Germany. I'm fairly certain this occurred in 1967 and not 1968.....so one can deduce that the photos are probably taken prior to Foutz association with the band. I'm sure evryone has seen the youtube video of Brian meeting the Maharishi (in Hamburg, Germany...I believe).

The only reticence I have in suggesting it's Mardas is that he supposedly "outed" the Maharishi to John & George. You know, Mia Farrow and all that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-31 16:06 by nostoneswithoutbrianjones.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: December 31, 2010 16:13

Date: December 31, 2010 16:46

Thanks.

Okay, it was Bremen.

Interestingly, the Beatles met the Maharishi for the first time in August 1967 at the Hilton Hotel in London.

I'm assuming Brian met him after so it must have been in the last 3 or 4 months of 1967.

The Beatles studied with him in Wales and then, ofcourse, travelled to Rishikesh in February 1968. They left 3 weeks later, however, after Mardas "outed" the Maharishi for supposedly hitting on the women there, specifically Mia Farrow.

Once the Beatles were done with him I'm sure Brian would have had no interest in travelling to Bremen to meet him.

Date: December 31, 2010 16:58

Well, I could be wrong. It does more closely resemble Foutz than Alex.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 31, 2010 17:02

confused smiley I can't even reckognize Brian on that weird picture....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: December 31, 2010 17:05

It must be that Foutz guy, this is Alex Mardas (the guy in the middle):

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: December 31, 2010 20:09

Looks like Terry Reid to Brians left.....Any comments on this?

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: December 31, 2010 20:24

I think the guy in the car with Brain is John Lennon on their to meet the Maharishi.

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: July 3, 2011 23:16

I guess no one knows who he is.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 6, 2011 16:01

Maybe its the infamous Mr. X!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 6, 2011 17:43

I don't know.......

[www.thetvlounge.co.uk]

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: July 6, 2011 17:56

Charlie Manson ?

Date: July 6, 2011 18:05

Alex Trebek...

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 6, 2011 18:17

I'd say it's Foutz. You can see him on that photo in Life driving the car with Keith, Gram, etc.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 968
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home