Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Handsome Girls
Posted by: NickB ()
Date: August 9, 2009 14:36

Having now listened to Handsome Girls several times it sounds to me as though the boys are playing the new songs off Some Girls with more passion and conviction than the Warhorses. With Warhorses it sounds as though they're going through the motions.
Thoughts?

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-09 14:36 by NickB.

Re: Handsome Girls
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: August 9, 2009 17:14

Nick where can i download handsome girls?

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: August 9, 2009 17:18

[www.hungercity.org]

This has the Fort Worth show (from HG) and the Passiac show best quality available. Listening to it now :-P

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: August 9, 2009 18:13

Here you go Loudei. This is on the wonderful Urban Steels page. He is genius of the highest order for posting all this lovely Stones stuff.

Urbansteel on IORR

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 12, 2009 18:01

Handsome Girls is the single greatest bootleg of the Stones ever released in any format. Perfect sound, loud, fast, weaving guitars... Handsome Girls is the Stones at their best, and the sound is absolutely PERFECT.

Now if only I could get a copy of the original reel-to-reel, 8-track, whatever tape format it was recorded on back in '78!!!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 13, 2009 11:03

a brilliant bootleg.

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: August 13, 2009 12:24

Brilliant it may be, but any chance to still get it since they´ve killed the "Swinging Pig" in the Nineties?

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: August 13, 2009 12:35

Well, there's that new release titled "HANDSOME GIRLS, SOME WIVES AND A PRETTY WOMAN" pressed on gold discs ... Have no clue which label is putting this one out, or if it's an MP3-sourced rip from some torrent, but it seems to be easily available at the moment ? ... The artwork sucks big time, though.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 13, 2009 13:23

Handova
Well, there's that new release titled "HANDSOME GIRLS, SOME WIVES AND A PRETTY WOMAN" pressed on gold discs ... Have no clue which label is putting this one out, or if it's an MP3-sourced rip from some torrent, but it seems to be easily available at the moment ? ... The artwork sucks big time, though.

It's on the Original Master Series label and as hard to get as the TSP (if not harder).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1260
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home