Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Star Star Not Censored On Remasters Box?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 5, 2009 01:21

My brother called me up and said that the Amazon exclusive box does not have the censored version of Star Star. Is that true?

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Star Star Not Censored On Remasters Box?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 5, 2009 01:44

he called you up just to tell you that??? eye popping smiley

Date: August 5, 2009 01:49

Yep. We're a tad weird like that. If any important news on The Stones, The Beatles or David Bowie comes up, we call each other to tell. But do you know anything about it Gaz?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: August 5, 2009 01:59

If that's true then these guys are money making geniuses. Fans like me will go out and buy the box set just for this reason alone. I'm sure others will too.

Date: August 5, 2009 02:03

They are money making geniusses. We are jerks at spending money though it seems. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 5, 2009 02:47

JumpingKentFlash
Yep. We're a tad weird like that. If any important news on The Stones, The Beatles or David Bowie comes up, we call each other to tell. But do you know anything about it Gaz?

No. Didnt buy it, Kent and have absolutely no intention of doing so.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 5, 2009 03:34

out of my head
If that's true then these guys are money making geniuses. Fans like me will go out and buy the box set just for this reason alone. I'm sure others will too.

Not very many others.

Date: August 5, 2009 03:34

Gazza
JumpingKentFlash

I know you don't want the new remasters. To each his own. That's a fair enough standpoint.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 5, 2009 04:52

Is this a prime example of Obsessive Completist Disorder?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 5, 2009 06:01

I too haven't bought any of the new remasters. Didn't see a need to. But I will get the remasterd Exile. Looking forward to that, and perhaps the box set as a collector.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 5, 2009 11:28

Kinda weird if Star Star differs like that. Perhaps they got so many complaints on the CD remaster that they felt obliged to include the uncensored version in the box.

Myself, I'm not buying anything without any new material. I'm definitely getting the Exile with extras and the 40th Anniversary Ya-Ya's, unless they're lame excuses for re-releases like Rarities -- if they will be released at all.

Date: August 5, 2009 15:38

bassplayer617

Buying 14 CDs you already have in order to obtain one CD that has a minor variation on one track is an act of madness. Anyone considering such a purchase really needs to get drunk or get laid or something.

Date: August 5, 2009 15:55

tatters
bassplayer617

Buying 14 CDs you already have in order to obtain one CD that has a minor variation on one track is an act of madness. Anyone considering such a purchase really needs to get drunk or get laid or something.
FYI I get plenty 'o pussy, plenty 'o beer and I've done things like buying the same cd many times.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 5, 2009 15:57

JumpingKentFlash
Gazza
JumpingKentFlash

I know you don't want the new remasters. To each his own. That's a fair enough standpoint.

Its not that I dont WANT them. Its just that I consider it a rip off and a waste of money.

Date: August 5, 2009 16:05

JumpingKentFlash
tatters
bassplayer617

FYI I get plenty 'o pussy, plenty 'o beer and I've done things like buying the same cd many times.

Going through life as a satisfied, drunk, madman may not be such a bad thing after all.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 5, 2009 16:11

So WHEN did this box become available through Amazon?

When the first set of remasters was released or AFTER the final installment??

Seems like a shitty thing to do if they waited until all of them were released and then offer this box.

J

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: August 5, 2009 16:31

I have many of the remaster now anyway so i can't get a box set...PLEASE let us know if they will start selling GHS with out the censored
Star Star???
I love the hear ghs because iorr, bridges, ER, SG, & UC sounds soooooooo much better that i would love to get GHS.. I just can't because of what they did with star star.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 5, 2009 17:51

I have bought the German edition of this box which is available since May together with the first 4 CDs and it's the usual censored GHS included. I can't imagine that they use a different new pressed CD in the US box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-05 17:53 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: August 5, 2009 17:54

Re: Star Star Not Censored On Remasters Box? new
Date: August 5, 2009 15:55

Quote: tatters
"FYI I get plenty 'o pussy, plenty 'o beer and I've done things like buying the same cd many times."

... then it's probably just a matter off too much beer, all together?!

(Only joking, Tatters. hot smiley)

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 5, 2009 17:58

midnrambler
I have bought the German edition of this box which is available since May together with the first 4 CDs and it's the usual censored GHS included. I can't imagine that they use a different new pressed CD in the US box.

I also got the box, same censored version in mine. I seriously doubt that a uncensored version would be made just for Amazon.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: August 5, 2009 20:35

Maybe the initial pressings of the "Goats Head Soup" are being phased out and replaced with "Un-censored" versions, possibly due to numerous complaints and bad reviews?.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 5, 2009 20:47

I won't be buying any right now. The Virgin issues I own sound fine to my ears and I'm not even fussed about replacing the few CBS editions I own.

Same goes for the Beatles remasters too.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 5, 2009 20:55

vudicus
Maybe the initial pressings of the "Goats Head Soup" are being phased out and replaced with "Un-censored" versions, possibly due to numerous complaints and bad reviews?.

Then it would be a case of false marketing, since the box is sold under the pretense that the discs are remastered.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: August 5, 2009 23:00

mickijaggeroo
vudicus

Then it would be a case of false marketing, since the box is sold under the pretense that the discs are remastered.

Sorry, I meant a new uncensored "remaster", not an older version.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: August 6, 2009 05:58

Tatters- "Buying 14 CDs you already have in order to obtain one CD that has a minor variation on one track is an act of madness. Anyone considering such a purchase really needs to get drunk or get laid or something."

Also anyone NOT considering such a purchase really needs to get drunk or laid or something.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 6, 2009 12:56

>> Also anyone NOT considering such a purchase really needs to get drunk or laid or something. <<

smile: very true! have some popcorn :E

Posted by: Markbot ()
Date: August 6, 2009 16:36

I got my Amazon box last week. I listened to Star Star yesterday. There is no censoring on my copy. I contacted a friend who fist told me about the censoring issue to see what I had missed. He told me about this thread here in this forum. So I guess I'm glad I waited to get this set, but I will buy the GHS CD by itself now so I can have the censored version.

Peace out,

Markbot

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 6, 2009 16:40

I'm wondering what they are remastering for GHS then... Did they remaster master tapes for both versions? It's strange... I would not be surprised if they just took clean vinyl version and put it on cd...

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: August 6, 2009 16:49

The Amazon boxset IS a good deal imo- even though I have no intention of buying these remasters (I agree, that the Virgin remasters sound perfectly good). Also- a remastered version of 'A Bigger Bang'?!- I think not.
HOWEVER- my advice for collectors, is: grab the censored version while you can- it was probably a pressing error in the first place.

Date: August 6, 2009 18:44

Markbot
I got my Amazon box last week. I listened to Star Star yesterday. There is no censoring on my copy. I contacted a friend who fist told me about the censoring issue to see what I had missed. He told me about this thread here in this forum. So I guess I'm glad I waited to get this set, but I will buy the GHS CD by itself now so I can have the censored version.

Peace out,

Markbot

LOL

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home