Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Virginia members
Posted by: marston ()
Date: December 27, 2004 17:49

Hey guys,
I saw about four post of IORR members here in Virginia. I tried to reply to the post but for some reason I cannot. I can only start new topics?????????????? I am in Virginia too, about 50 miles SW of Richmond, a very small town, Crewe, supposedly named after a town in England. Saw my first Stones show in Hampton, Dec. 19, 1981 and have been to DC several times since then to see them. Wouldn't it be great if they would come to Hampton again?

Re: Virginia members
Date: December 27, 2004 17:56

I love the Hampton Colisium! I have been going there for 20 years. Then the ampitheatres showed up ( i hate them!!). Too bad they don't use it as much for shows anymore.
I remember vividly the Stones there in 81. I was 14 and my parents felt I was too young! I told them that this was a very important show. But I had to wait till 89 to see them.

Date: December 27, 2004 19:14

I had just turned 18 before the Hampton show. Left home on Friday without a ticket. I didn't tell anyone where I was going. Stayed with friends and listened to the Friday show on the radio. Bought two tickets for $25 each on Saturday and sold one for $50. Enjoyed the show greatly!

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: December 27, 2004 20:32

Alright marston and Donkey Girl Scout!

Scaffer calling in from Prince William County, VA! Saw the Stones at RFK ('94), Fedex ('97), MCI ('99 - both shows incredible), and Fedex again in '02.

Also saw the Stones in Seattle '94, Arrowhead Stadium, KC in '89, Cow Palace, San Francisco in '75, Winterland, San Franciso in '72, and Altamont '69.

Question for you: Sometimes when the Stones play shows down south in places like Raleigh, tickets are available until a few days prior. Is it worth driving down to the Carolinas to see them?

Date: December 27, 2004 20:54

Totally worth going to Raleigh or Charlotte
I went to Raleigh 89 and 94
Charlotte 97 and 99
I went to DC in 97 and 99 2003
Very nice drive to Charlotte
Me and Washington DC do not get along
But all the Stones concerts were awesome
They seem to like North Carolina. They play better than they do in DC.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 29, 2004 16:12

Va native since 1948. Living in Franklin Co. (the moonshine capital of the US) 20 miles south of Roanoke. I prefer to see the Stones in Charlotte or Nashville. First time was Charlotte July 6, 1972.

Date: December 29, 2004 16:43

Skippy,
Sounds like you must be in Boones Mill?????

Greg

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: December 29, 2004 17:11

I've been in Richmond, VA since 1972. I didn't catch the Stones in Hampton, but I've seen them every time they've passed by since then.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: December 29, 2004 17:49

Hello Lamemodem and others,

In Richmond also. Have never seen the Stones in our fair state, but 13 shows Philly, Pittsburgh, Ohio.

karl

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 30, 2004 04:02

Marston, actually Callaway. Take a right at the Texaco(now a Shell) in Boonsmill go about 6 miles.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2279
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home