Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What live version of Midnight Rambler is better? Ya-Ya's,Brussels Affair or 1972 NYC?
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 18, 2009 23:27

Saitama 2006.

Re: What live version of Midnight Rambler is better? Ya-Ya's,Brussels Affair or 1972 NYC?
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 18, 2009 23:41

2006?
Do you really think Keith and Mick would agree? I just donĀ“t know what to say, really...

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 18, 2009 23:45

A 2006 version as the best ever live Rambler ? Wow!!

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: August 19, 2009 00:14

HEILOOBAAS
NYC 1972 sucks. They're toured out & it's one of the worst sounding MRs from the tour, esp. the 26th.

I agree that they were worn out by this time but I think that 7/26 New York show is one of the finest shows they ever played. They certainly rocked harder on that last night than they did in the 7/25 shows, imo of course.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 19, 2009 00:42

I agree that they were worn out by this time but I think that 7/26 New York show is one of the finest shows they ever played. They certainly rocked harder on that last night than they did in the 7/25 shows, imo of course.[/quote]

That's not saying much, sweetheart. They were insipid in NYC '75, weren't they? Ewwwwwwww... I still maintain that the worst 1972 show was better than the best 1975 show.

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: August 19, 2009 06:47

Saitama and Dodger Stadium 2006. Never better. Also the Hollywood Palladium

Date: August 19, 2009 14:48

Ya Ya's. But the version from Atlantic City 89 is smoking too!

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: August 19, 2009 15:13

To me, every tune on Ya-Ya's is the definitive live version.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: August 19, 2009 18:02

HEILOOBAAS

That's not saying much, sweetheart. They were insipid in NYC '75, weren't they? Ewwwwwwww... I still maintain that the worst 1972 show was better than the best 1975 show.

I think maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. Yeah I agree they weren't very good in New York in '75, but I was talking about NYC '72. They were worn out and tired by the time they hit the big apple and while I seem to remember the 7/24/72 show being pretty good, I think both 7/25/72 shows were fairly lackluster compared to the performances they had been giving during the first couple weeks of July. But I think they really pulled out all the stops for the 7/26/72 show. I just think the legendary 7/26/72 show deserves, for the most part, it's legendary status.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 19, 2009 19:06

I agree that 7/26 was the best show of the four; absolutely.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 21, 2009 13:37

Ya Ya's, you hear the guitars loud and clear in the right tempo. Brussels is too fast in the beginning and in the end, though brillant in the middle bluesy part which is on Ya Ya's too short. Mick's voice is better in the MSG gig. In general the sound is essentially better on the Ya Ya's version. I hope they release Brussels officially in a better sound quality.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: August 21, 2009 15:19

Why make a choice? Get 'em all and dig each one on its own merits.

What's the worst Rambler you've heard? I'd go with Knebworth. Meandering Rambler is more like it on that one.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: August 21, 2009 18:05

Brussels for me, then the Ft. Worth - 72, and that Philly 72 is right there

MLC

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: August 23, 2009 06:14

Brussels...a musical panzer tank

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: August 23, 2009 16:08

Although I have always been a fan of the Ya Yas version of Rambler, I would have to say that Brussels is in a league all its own. That particular version is downright scary, and epic at that! I still can't believe after all these years of listening to Brussels that the Stones could sound that good! Sadly, even though they would have their moments of brilliance on subsequent tours, after this point, they never would sound this good again..
PS-this writer is also partial to the later day Atlantic City 89 version... That Rambler smokes as well....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home