Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Could it possibly be "all over now" ??
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 23, 2009 15:37

Tour or DIE

remember : no tour when U2 is on the 360 road.
Next year Stones Grandfath's are back

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 23, 2009 18:03

People who complain about the "long" silence from the Stones obviously forget that there were serious signs of market saturation last time. Time is a significant factor to build up interest in the band again. It does not surprise me at all that we dont hear anything from then now. Seems that they make themselves rare intentionally. On the other hand, time is an important factor considering their age. The problem is that they probably would need a 5 years break from touring to build up enough interest in the band again, but that their age does not allow sucg a long period of inactivity. Not to speak of other serious problems in their key markets, USA in particular.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 23, 2009 18:05

toomuchforme
Tour or DIE

both bands toured the US at the same time in late 2005.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 23, 2009 20:01

toomuchforme
Tour or DIE

Next year Stones Grandfath's are back

U2 is planning to tour next year from June until October or November. That won't have any bearing on wther the Stones tour or not, even though they have shared a lot of crew members over the years.

As Gazza mentioned, they both were on tour at the same time in in 2005-06, as well as in 1997-98. In fact in Los Angeles in early November 2005, we got the Stones, U2 and Paul McCartney all playing within a 10 day period. I saw all 3 of those acts multiple times during those days. I also saw the Stones in Rio in 2006 followed by U2 2 days later in Sao Paulo and in 1998, I saw both the Stones and U2 in Japan within a couple days of each other.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 23, 2009 21:20

It's not that far away from thinking that the Stones might never return on stage. At least, Keith's ability to play guitar worries me a lot. Charlie wouldn't mind never toruing again as he's sick and tired of it, as he once said. Woody play might with different people and Mick wouldn't mind either, I guess.
The only thing they need is the applause ... in particular, Keith and Mick can't live without it.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: July 23, 2009 22:22

Is this the start of U2's wordl tour? So they will be in America next year?! A chance for us Europeans to be the first for the Stones?!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 23, 2009 22:48

Thye will tour shortly

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 24, 2009 00:41

JJHMick
Is this the start of U2's wordl tour? So they will be in America next year?! A chance for us Europeans to be the first for the Stones?!

The U2 world tour started at the end of June in Barcelona. This year's European leg runs until late August and is followed by a North American leg in September and October. Their plan is to finish work on their next album and have it out for the continuation of their tour next year. It's planned for North America again in June and July, followed by Europe in August and September and South America (and potentially the rest of the world) in October and/or November.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-24 00:41 by Halup.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 24, 2009 00:54

I don't think the Stones will do a huge world tour again

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 24, 2009 02:55

I think they will for sure do another huge tour, not even an issue IMO

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 24, 2009 17:16

They will tour SOON

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 24, 2009 21:30

Hey alimente - yeah, I never heard or read ANYTHING about Mick playing ANY shows. This is new to me. I just knew the album came out as a single or with a DVD.

There is nothing on nzentgraf about Mick playing any solo shows.

Date: July 25, 2009 01:16

skipstone
Hey alimente - yeah, I never heard or read ANYTHING about Mick playing ANY shows. This is new to me. I just knew the album came out as a single or with a DVD.

There is nothing on nzentgraf about Mick playing any solo shows.

HeySkippy,

you are right, there were not any shows...it was a joke...!

Date: July 25, 2009 01:58

AH! You bastard! Ha ha.

That was a good one though - had me thinkin'!

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 26, 2009 06:50

Gazza
What doesnt seem to have been mentioned and which may be significant is that while Keith's writing output has dwindled down to a trickle post-Voodoo Lounge, this is also as long a period as I can ever remember without Mick doing anything, either solo or with the band.

During every other extended Stones hiatus (83-86, 86-89, 91-93, 99-02 and even in the period between Licks and ABcool smiley, Mick has kept himself busy, recording and releasing a solo album. Since August 2007, he hasnt even had any movie production sideline to distract him.

In five weeks time, it'll be exactly two years since the last Stones concert. Since then, the only band 'activity' has been to attend about four movie premieres. Not even a whisper of any solo activity by Mick and Keith, and all there has been is the occasional jazz band gig that Charlie has sat in on and some vague stop/start info on Ronnie making a solo record.

Agreed, and it can't be over-emphasized that given their ages, the drive likely simply isn't there.

I know this for sure- Leavell's not waiting for his phone to ring. He's making his own plans for as far as he can see.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: July 26, 2009 13:19

They WILL tour next year, not a big tour but they will tour.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 26, 2009 13:50

They'll tour. The question is what the format will be like: huge scale Vegas Tour, 'intimate' and centered around the music or something in between a la Licks? AND: wil they tour behind a new record or behind reissues/new compilation?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 26, 2009 13:59

i want them to tour again in the next say two years. need at least a year to build up some money, minimally, for the cost of ticks and travel.

part of me wouldnt mind if they stopped as then money could be saved and i would have attended the final show ever, at the O2, something that i can always say.

maybe there should be a thread asking people to respond if they wish them to STOP touring and why.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 26, 2009 14:02

that being said, it must also be said that pauly is a baiter, prob enjoys it when people dance to his fear tune, the title of which is in his subject line.

p

Date: July 26, 2009 15:32

Well on that note then...

Yes, it could possibly be all over now.

Deal with it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 26, 2009 15:47

mr edward
They'll tour. The question is what the format will be like: huge scale Vegas Tour, 'intimate' and centered around the music or something in between a la Licks? AND: wil they tour behind a new record or behind reissues/new compilation?

More likely it'll be like last time, when they announced in interviews that its centred around the music and that all of the new album is made to be played live - and then it was basically a rerun of the Licks stadium tour and geared towards profit margins more than anything else.

It would be nice to see a new M.O. at this stage in their career, but it woud be a massive surprise if that actually happened.

Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: July 26, 2009 21:44

The Rolling Stones will keep going until they drop!They like what they do,it pays well.When people say "all over now" that should be from them listening to the song.They will be back again. "Excuse me? is this your last tour"? KR-"YEAH,THIS AND THE NEXT FIVE"smoking smiley

Date: July 26, 2009 22:57

GimmieChris
The Rolling Stones will keep going until they drop!They like what they do,it pays well.When people say "all over now" that should be from them listening to the song.They will be back again. "Excuse me? is this your last tour"? KR-"YEAH,THIS AND THE NEXT FIVE"smoking smiley

Pardon me, Sir, but you sound like the lonely piper in a deep dark wood...Keith obviously has talent for catchy phrases, but...

However, it is possible that they tour again if Mick and Keith come to terms with the M.O.

So: possible - yes, but dont take it for granted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-26 22:58 by alimente.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: July 26, 2009 23:28

I remember thinking that the 1982 European Tour would probably be the last chance to see the Stones, as they were getting old...

Date: July 26, 2009 23:52

yeah ok

Date: July 27, 2009 00:09

cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-27 00:12 by GimmieChris.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 27, 2009 13:32

Gazza
mr edward

More likely it'll be like last time, when they announced in interviews that its centred around the music and that all of the new album is made to be played live - and then it was basically a rerun of the Licks stadium tour and geared towards profit margins more than anything else.

It would be nice to see a new M.O. at this stage in their career, but it woud be a massive surprise if that actually happened.

You're probably right, but the slim chance of a MO change is the one thing that keeps my Stones blood flowing. Another Stadium/Warhorses Tour would really be to much for me.

Date: July 27, 2009 21:40

mr edward
Gazza
mr edward

You're probably right, but the slim chance of a MO change is the one thing that keeps my Stones blood flowing. Another Stadium/Warhorses Tour would really be to much for me.

All we can do is sit, drink and wait.

Date: July 28, 2009 01:10

I'm sure nobody knows.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 28, 2009 01:20

I have no hope that the Stones will ever "go back to the music." When you're crusing down the road at 100mph...why would slowing down to a steady 25mph be fun? They're used to showing up at the venue...play the songs they don't have to think about too much...Brown Sugar...JJF...Satisfaction...songs that are part of the muscle memory. Speed through it...and leave. They're on stage not for the music but for the rush they get from the audience BECAUSE of the music. That's all it is today. Feeding that appetite for the rush. Anything else...petty at this stage.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1205
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home