Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Could it possibly be "all over now" ??
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:23

Don't know about anyone else, but when I see things like this coming out ....

[www.rollingstonesarchive.com]

I just wonder if this isn't a case of "lets remember them like this", cos they ain't gonna be around no more ?

Maybe I'm paranoid, or maybe it's too early in the morning ?

Re: Could it possibly be "all over now" ??
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:35

pull yourself together, paul honey! it's too early in the morning, that's all [passing caffeine]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:36

Books like this have been made since the early 60's. I have the complete set of some of the first ones myself. The Rolling Stones Book. 30 issues. Made early 60's. Not made because somebody were afraid of them going, but because of affection and love. I have many hundred books and magazines like this. Press cuttings. Show reports. Memories. Made in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and these days. The guys are getting older but it aint over yet. See you on tour next year.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:54

I can not know of course, but there is no obvious reason why should I think it is over. Of course anything can happen, but I am pretty sure we will hear about the Stones a lot the next year. Just my opinion.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:56

The latter, Pauly... the latter. Even early here still.

Posted by: k ()
Date: July 22, 2009 11:59

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

If you are a fat lady, keep your mouth shut!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 22, 2009 12:07

The Rolling Stones Books Bjornulf is talking about are really great ones !
Unfortunately ,I've only get 3 of them (God bless ya Pascal to let me know about it !!!)
Nice photos of the early Stones and detailed reviews and stories.
Even don't noticed it was written 45 years ago....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 22, 2009 14:05

I still have that 81-82 tour photobook which was optimistically entitled "The Last Tour"....

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: July 22, 2009 14:23

Umm, wouldn't that be pessimisticaly ?

Date: July 22, 2009 15:14

Not by the author, I'd have thought - as I presumed it was titled as such as a bit of a potential cash-in.

Posted by: R ()
Date: July 22, 2009 15:21

At their ages, everyday the Stones don't work is another day more likely they'll never do so again.

Date: July 22, 2009 15:40

What doesnt seem to have been mentioned and which may be significant is that while Keith's writing output has dwindled down to a trickle post-Voodoo Lounge, this is also as long a period as I can ever remember without Mick doing anything, either solo or with the band.

During every other extended Stones hiatus (83-86, 86-89, 91-93, 99-02 and even in the period between Licks and ABcool smiley, Mick has kept himself busy, recording and releasing a solo album. Since August 2007, he hasnt even had any movie production sideline to distract him.

In five weeks time, it'll be exactly two years since the last Stones concert. Since then, the only band 'activity' has been to attend about four movie premieres. Not even a whisper of any solo activity by Mick and Keith, and all there has been is the occasional jazz band gig that Charlie has sat in on and some vague stop/start info on Ronnie making a solo record.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: July 22, 2009 16:30

Gazza
What doesnt seem to have been mentioned and which may be significant is that while Keith's writing output has dwindled down to a trickle post-Voodoo Lounge, this is also as long a period as I can ever remember without Mick doing anything, either solo or with the band.

During every other extended Stones hiatus (83-86, 86-89, 91-93, 99-02 and even in the period between Licks and ABcool smiley, Mick has kept himself busy, recording and releasing a solo album. Since August 2007, he hasnt even had any movie production sideline to distract him.

In five weeks time, it'll be exactly two years since the last Stones concert. Since then, the only band 'activity' has been to attend about four movie premieres. Not even a whisper of any solo activity by Mick and Keith, and all there has been is the occasional jazz band gig that Charlie has sat in on and some vague stop/start info on Ronnie making a solo record.

I think Ronnie has been quite busy!eye rolling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2009 17:09

Sumnmertime blues.

Bjornulf

Date: July 22, 2009 18:05

nanker phelge
Gazza

I think Ronnie has been quite busy!eye rolling smiley

One part of him has been, anyway.....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 22, 2009 18:08

Nothing wrong with doing "nothing"!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 22, 2009 18:08

They've been saying that since 1965, sweetheart.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: July 22, 2009 19:45

You know so much and yet you say so little.

BV de Sade

LOL!

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 22, 2009 20:26

I decided long away that I would not be going to any Stones shows on any future tour. Money, the fact that I don't think they have anything new to show me. I am going to indulge in their past but opt out of the future.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 23, 2009 00:00

Baxter Thwaites for no one, and he won't thwaite for the Stones

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 23, 2009 00:28

Baxter Thwaites
I decided long away that I would not be going to any Stones shows on any future tour. Money, the fact that I don't think they have anything new to show me. I am going to indulge in their past but opt out of the future.

Baxter, does this include their recent records, or are you just referring to their
warhorse heavy concert set list? Do you indulge in ABB, or Voodoo,B2B ??

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 23, 2009 01:12

MKjan
Baxter Thwaites

Baxter, does this include their recent records, or are you just referring to their
I listen to all their records right upto ABB. I just decided after the last 02 show that I wouldn't be going to any more Stones concerts. The whole cost cost issue. They are just treading water live. I will go on buying their CDs/DVDs - just no more mega priced shows at the enormodome.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 23, 2009 01:17

In a way I wish it was the end.

ABB was critically acclaimed

Rio gig

The DVD set

Super Bowl

Massive Tour.

Great reviews in press

The gigs I went to were superb

I don't think it can be bettered, not at this stage. Go out on top and let things be. I'd hate to see a 'Liitle Richard" or "BB King" playing from Wheel Chairs et all. Go out with some dignity.

The 'I sniffed my dad' was humiliating. No more.

Release the archives aka: Led Zep/The Who and live of your legacy.....

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 23, 2009 01:26

Baxter Thwaites
MKjan
Baxter Thwaites

I listen to all their records right upto ABB. I just decided after the last 02 show that I wouldn't be going to any more Stones concerts. The whole cost cost issue. They are just treading water live. I will go on buying their CDs/DVDs - just no more mega priced shows at the enormodome.

I hear you well. I wish for an arena tour with a great new record being supported, but then the ticket prices would be thru the roof.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 23, 2009 01:37

Gazza

But Mick was busy couple of days right after the end of the ABB tour
to promote "The Very Best Of...".
Seems that he needed a rest after that tough one.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 23, 2009 02:07

He promoted his hits album?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 23, 2009 03:11

skipstone
He promoted his hits album?

Yes, 2 shows each in London, N.Y., Paris, Berlin and Tokyo plus 4 secret warm-up club gigs in a small bavarian village (deep south of Germany) which name escaped my memory. YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT???

All shows lasted more than 2 1/2 hours (yes, he can...still do it!) and were great but universally dismissed by Keith and the Anti-Jagger Solo-League who somehow managed to hack this board and ensured that any posts & reports got erased within minutes, sometimes even seconds.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 23, 2009 03:12

the calm before the storm i hope

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 23, 2009 04:40

paulywaul
Don't know about anyone else, but when I see things like this coming out ....

[www.rollingstonesarchive.com]

I just wonder if this isn't a case of "lets remember them like this", cos they ain't gonna be around no more ?

Maybe I'm paranoid, or maybe it's too early in the morning ?

Awwww, don't despair!
...and have another cuppa tea or coffee.
those are the articles that sell good - like, I told you first they're gonna quit.wha wha wha.....

we'll instantly know, when it really hits us - until then...

This coming and going
Is driving me nuts
This to-ing and fro-ing
Is hurting my guts
So get off the fence
It's creasing your butt
life's a party,
Let's get out and strut

Date: July 23, 2009 11:16

Fatih Akin writes the forward?

Well, I was kinda troubled when Keith did not play with the guys at the Knitting Fact. gig back in May... I suppose he had his reasons.
Nevertheless, my instincts tell me they will tour again - perhaps around 2011 - the usual major stadiums, global type tour.
After that, good luck finding them all together on stage performing.
**Possibly at those exclusive events a la Grammys where you either pay through the nose or have to know somebody.
I wish that they would go on jamming on stage like a number of noted blues artists.
We shall see!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home