Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Let's see some Rolling STONES CD's Promo
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 5, 2010 16:07

The Oh No Not You Again 1-track promo CD - that I assume also came with no artwork, just a slimline or jewel case?

Date: May 5, 2010 21:26

bumped in case someone knows the answer.....

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 5, 2010 21:30

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-21 12:56 by UrbanSteel.

Date: May 5, 2010 21:50

with a tongue on it?

Also the Charmed Life promo was that in a slimline case or a regular jewel case?

Thanks as always UrbanSteel!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-05 21:51 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 5, 2010 22:13

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-21 12:45 by UrbanSteel.

Date: May 5, 2010 22:19

Oh dear guess I'd better keep looking for it then - thought I'd found that one. Thanks Urban!!

Posted by: Tim2 ()
Date: July 1, 2010 17:16

Hi Guys,

Re: promo CDS; I hope a lot of you are aware that fakes / counterfeits are now legions; all the recent Japanese promo white cardboards w/ nice record labels tracklistings stickers on for instance are fakes and never were released in Japan; they pop up and sell as Buy it Now on Ebay on 1 or 2 days listings w/ private bids... you'll notice that it's always the same seller, and buyers who resell...
Also more than half of silver print CDs are in fact bootlegs; Considering that today record cny's executive sometimes press themselves their promos on computers, and that bootleggers do a better job, boots look sometimes nicer than real ones, and noone can follow what's genuine anymore.
The mess really started around 2002. Before, fake promo pressings are really rare...
I do not collect promo CDs but I can see that because everyone can now press some at home, their value has decreased a lot over the last decade, and especially the last 5 years. Those who buy promo bootlegged CDs knowing it are shooting themselves in the foot.

Posted by: Eirik ()
Date: July 1, 2010 19:16

Tim2
Hi Guys,

Re: promo CDS; I hope a lot of you are aware that fakes / counterfeits are now legions; all the recent Japanese promo white cardboards w/ nice record labels tracklistings stickers on for instance are fakes and never were released in Japan; they pop up and sell as Buy it Now on Ebay on 1 or 2 days listings w/ private bids... you'll notice that it's always the same seller, and buyers who resell...
Also more than half of silver print CDs are in fact bootlegs; Considering that today record cny's executive sometimes press themselves their promos on computers, and that bootleggers do a better job, boots look sometimes nicer than real ones, and noone can follow what's genuine anymore.
The mess really started around 2002. Before, fake promo pressings are really rare...
I do not collect promo CDs but I can see that because everyone can now press some at home, their value has decreased a lot over the last decade, and especially the last 5 years. Those who buy promo bootlegged CDs knowing it are shooting themselves in the foot.

Hmm, I guess you are talking about cd-r's? I mean, there's no way you can press your own cd's and they can be mistaken for a real factory pressed cd.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 8, 2010 17:24

For those who miss it

Here's Sam's great PROMO Page link

PROMO CD'S

Let's have a look it's worth smileys with beer

HMN

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: September 23, 2014 23:39

Hi all,

Years ago in this promo-list item no.161 was "Greatest Albums In The Sixties abkco 23 Track Acetate Album Japan, 2008".I would like to know if track 10 is indeed the socalled live version of Fortune teller and what version is track Not fade away is. Is this the live performance on the album Got live if you want it? And, finnaly, the last track, the Live Studio version of No expectations is probably the Rockand Roll Circus track?

Thanks for all comments,
Alex.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 24, 2014 17:30

This is the one I just got (this photo is not of mine), not the Polydor one.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home