Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Buys Hank Garland Guitar collection
Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: July 12, 2009 12:15

Paid under $2M. Includes the first ES-345, First Byrdland, etc..

I'll have pics and the complete list of 15 guitars soon.

Re: Keith Buys Hank Garland Guitar collection
Date: July 12, 2009 12:25

It has to be: Keith is going to open a vintage guitar museum. Who better to do it one day?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 12, 2009 15:30

fiftyamp
Paid under $2M. Includes the first ES-345, First Byrdland, etc..

I'll have pics and the complete list of 15 guitars soon.

Yes, please post!

Mathijs

Date: July 12, 2009 15:35

Second that emotion

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 12, 2009 15:43

I Can't wait!

here's a quote from last year, Contactmusic:

RICHARDS PLANS GUITAR MUSEUM

Veteran rocker KEITH RICHARDS owns 3,000 guitars - but only has time to play ten of them.
The Rolling Stones star is sad he cannot use all of his prized instruments, so is considering opening a museum to put the collection on show.
He says, "I've probably got too many guitars," admitted Keith, 64. "I've only got one pair of hands.
"It's an incredible collection of instruments, beautiful instruments. But I can't play them all.
"Maybe I will give them away or make a museum."

21 April 2008 07:26

...but the comment is from May this year:

screen name: hank_garland Click for more info ( 1)

posted on 19/05/2009 14:06

comments:

To All, What a Museum you will have! God Bless and Best Wishes, The Legendary Guitarist Hank Garland Family

[www.contactmusic.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 12, 2009 16:41

"Maybe I will give them away or make a museum."

3000 guitars is too mich for a museum (it will take you more then 8 hours if you watch them for 10 sec.) so I think he should give 1000 guitars away to us IORRians.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 12, 2009 17:35

Give some away, Keith - or start some kind of loan-out scheme to deserving musicians, like the people who own top-quality antique classical instruments do. Guitars don't belong in glass cases in a museum - they belong being played!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 12, 2009 17:48

Can I have yer psychedelic custom!? eye popping smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 12, 2009 18:22

Pics please!

Posted by: hank_garland ()
Date: July 12, 2009 20:21

Hello,
We are the Hank Garland Family i.e. Executor of the Hank Garland Estate.
We have no knowledge of Hank Garland's Gibson ES 345 1958 model being sold or Hank Garland's first Byrdland.Someone is up to something and it is simply not true.
We need to talk as we respect Keith Richards and we do take offence of person's taking advantage of The Hank Garland name and The Keith Richard's name.
Here is our priavte e-mail or one that we use for this kind of stuff.
[gmail.com]
or
hank@hankgarland.com
[www.myspace.com]
we have Facebook too. Just simply type in Hank Garland
At least we can tell you the truth behind the guitars, etc. We do not want Keith to get ripped off as we have seen about every trick in the in the trade. We know all the flippers, collectors, and the heartless crooks in the business that Will ripp you off. We can not stand them.
Much Respect Keith,
The Hank Garland Family
Billy Garland Esecutor of the Hank Garland estate.
We do not like to give out our private e-mail as you know on the internet they lie and we never have trusted them nor will we ever. Their are some very greedy person's put there that will use your name and go to any any means to get what they want with their lies.. We are sure you get way too much of that yourself. We are just common people and want it to stay that way.
Quote by Legeand Guitarist Hank Garland "The Music Business Can Be Hazardous To Your Health" in quote. Quote By The Legendary Guitarist Hank Garland

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 12, 2009 21:10

Oh no! say it ain't so...

now who's to trust?

Hank_garland, how did you get to know about this thread, since this is your 1st post?
...and sorry, if you indeed are sincere.

Date: July 13, 2009 01:06

Let's see what it's up to. $2 mil for just 15 guitars is a LOT of money, there msut be some jewels in that collection, so let's wait for the pictures.

Mathijs

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: July 13, 2009 02:47

The gmail link that hank_garland provides does not require authentication so I would proceed with caution when clicking it. Also, Keith isn't a country bumpkin so I'm sure he he has people working with him to make certain the sale, if it is indeed occurring, is on the level.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: July 13, 2009 07:55

I wasn't suppose to post this. Sorry to the Garland family.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: July 13, 2009 12:03

Mathijs
Let's see what it's up to. $2 mil for just 15 guitars is a LOT of money, there msut be some jewels in that collection, so let's wait for the pictures.

Mathijs

Hank played on some Roy Orbison and Elvis records so their value probably based more on historical significance. I think the Bryland was his main guitar. BTW, he is probably one of the greatest guitarists ever. Amazing really.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: July 13, 2009 12:27

Didn't Pete Townshend buy a few of Hank Garland's?

Date: July 13, 2009 16:24

None of this is true,
yes, Hank Garland was a great guitarist. He played every genre and we take offence when someone puts out these post's that are not true. We live a very private life, please respect that,
The Hank Garland family

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 13, 2009 16:33

Blimey, interesting to see what BV thinks and Fiftyamps reaction is.

Date: July 13, 2009 17:18

Also,
Their has been a movie made about Hank Garland. Go to www.crazy-themovie.com
It has also been bootlegged all over. Just some more thieves stealing not only his music but now His Lfe Story. Yje movie is called "Crazy". By Favored Nations.
It is an excellent movie too then you get more of an education on the Legacy of The Legendary Guitarist Hank Garland
BTW We would provide anything you want to know as far as Hank Garlan's Legacy is concerned. We are not mad at anyone here. But, as far as posting untruths just ask us. We are not hard to find at all.
Much Respect to the members here,
The Hank Garland Family'
[www.myspace.com]
for you that are interested Hank Garland loved jazz. He played more jazz guitar than anything else. It was the Label's that told him what to do and what not to do. It is a very crooked business so don't get us started on that one because we have no respect for thieves.

Date: July 13, 2009 17:21

You do not have the authority or the right motive towards Hank Garland nor Hank Garland's interest.,
Nice try but lies are lies.
The Hank Garland Family

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 13, 2009 19:24

hank_garland
Hello,
We are the Hank Garland Family i.e. Executor of the Hank Garland Estate.

Easy to say on the internet.

Date: July 13, 2009 21:44

Hank Garland is not a country bumpkin, Sorry you do not know anything about Hank Garland. Do Not disrespect Hank Garland. He passed away in December of 2004. That was a crule comment about QuThe True Life Story of The Legendary Guitarist Hank Garlandote" Hank Garland on Guitar, one of the Worlds Greatest Guitarist that ever walked Planet Earth" in Quote by Elvis Presley at the Blue Hawaii Benefit Concert for the USS Arizona. The Legendary Guitarist Hank Garland played on thousands of #1 hit songs and movie soundtracks, etc. He also played guitar with George Shearing, Wes Montgomery, Sarah Vaughn, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Dave Brubeck, Joe Morello, Gary Burton, Joe Benjamin,Rosemary Clooney, Barry Galbredth, Chuck Wayne etc. Hank Garland was a very gifted Guitarist and he was a Civil Rights pioneer for all musicians. Hank Garland helped allot of artist & he was brillant.
He played often at The Birdland Club,The Playboy Club, Three-Duces,The Roll Club,(New York City) The Green Room in Chicago with Wes and Wes's Brother Monk. And you want to call him a country bumpkin. Sorry you do not know the history.
The movie "Crazy" can be found and seen for free at a place called Mega Video by a Johnny One Note. We do not know who is is or why he did that. Simply type in "Crazy" torrent or what it really is , is called bootlegging. We take offence to this as well because there again they stole all of his music, his mind, all of his posessions, destroyed his talent and now the go and steal from the people that worked so hard to make the film "Crazy". I hope they go to jail.
So don't insult our Hank Garland. not ever.
The Legendary Guitarist Hank Garland Family The Hank Garland Offical My Space page in Honor of The Legendary Guitarist Hank Garland
Also do not disrespect Guitarist Keith Richards either. He is a very smart man and a Guitar Legend too. That was so insulting to both Hank and Keith. These two guitarist are Legends and they do not need people like you to talk about them.

Date: July 13, 2009 22:10

hank_garland
Hank Garland is not a country bumpkin, Sorry you do not know anything about Hank Garland. Do Not disrespect Hank Garland. He passed away in December of 2004. That was a crule comment about QuThe True Life Story of The Legendary Guitarist Hank Garlandote" Hank Garland on Guitar, one of the Worlds Greatest Guitarist that ever walked Planet Earth" in Quote by Elvis Presley at the Blue Hawaii Benefit Concert for the USS Arizona. The Legendary Guitarist Hank Garland played on thousands of #1 hit songs and movie soundtracks, etc. He also played guitar with George Shearing, Wes Montgomery, Sarah Vaughn, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Dave Brubeck, Joe Morello, Gary Burton, Joe Benjamin,Rosemary Clooney, Barry Galbredth, Chuck Wayne etc. Hank Garland was a very gifted Guitarist and he was a Civil Rights pioneer for all musicians. Hank Garland helped allot of artist & he was brillant.
He played often at The Birdland Club,The Playboy Club, Three-Duces,The Roll Club,(New York City) The Green Room in Chicago with Wes and Wes's Brother Monk. And you want to call him a country bumpkin. Sorry you do not know the history.
The movie "Crazy" can be found and seen for free at a place called Mega Video by a Johnny One Note. We do not know who is is or why he did that. Simply type in "Crazy" torrent or what it really is , is called bootlegging. We take offence to this as well because there again they stole all of his music, his mind, all of his posessions, destroyed his talent and now the go and steal from the people that worked so hard to make the film "Crazy". I hope they go to jail.
The Legendary Guitarist Hank Garland Family The Hank Garland Offical My Space page in Honor of The Legendary Guitarist Hank Garland
Also do not disrespect Guitarist Keith Richards either. He is a very smart man and a Guitar Legend too. That was so insulting to both Hank and Keith. These two guitarist are Legends and they do not need people like you to talk about them.

My apologies to you and your family.
Hermann
As I said internet is crazy these days.
Hope you don't mind.
Hermann

Date: July 13, 2009 22:41

hank_garland

Why do you or your organisation bother to show up on this message board? We have no interest in Hank Garland what so ever.

Mathijs

Posted by: Paintitblak ()
Date: July 13, 2009 22:55

Mathijs
hank_garland

Why do you or your organisation bother to show up on this message board? We have no interest in Hank Garland what so ever.

Mathijs

Totally agree with you Mathijs, plus I don't see why you should post Myspace page address or Facebook on this Stones board....Strange way to reply to this guitar story. Obviously this is taken too personal. There's no disrespect anywhere here to Hank Garland or Keith.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 13, 2009 22:56

I'd have to admit they are going a tad OTT now......

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 13, 2009 23:06

Some things in this thread really leave me confused, who in this thread said something against Hank Garland or Keith?
And sorry, but you (hank_garland) really seem a bit naive when it comes to the internet and what you call bootlegging. It's not some special thing that happened to your movie, almost every movie is available on torrents...

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: July 13, 2009 23:10

ablett
I'd have to admit they are going a tad OTT now......

My thoughts exactly. Full respect to the Garland family but this is a Stones board and if we want to discuss Keith's purchase of some guitars we'll do so be they Hank(s) Williams, Marvin or for that matter Mr Garlands guitars. Good day to you sir.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: July 13, 2009 23:16

Yeah, I agree with you guys. I was getting confused too; on the one hand he/she seems to be advertising this movie, urging us to go see it and key in "Crazy", but then they hope the pirates go to jail for stealing. Or something like that.

Date: July 13, 2009 23:20

Lorenz
Some things in this thread really leave me confused, who in this thread said something against Hank Garland or Keith?
And sorry, but you (hank_garland) really seem a bit naive when it comes to the internet and what you call bootlegging. It's not some special thing that happened to your movie, almost every movie is available on torrents...

Obviously "fiftyamp".

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1296
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home