Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Allen Klein RIP
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 5, 2009 04:31

JumpingKentFlash
One question regarding the 60s stuff:
Paul McCartney says that his stuff will be coming back to him from Michael Jackson (Dead or not I guess) soon, so he didn't want to re-buy it. He'd get it automatically. Doesn't the same apply for the Stones? Klein had the 60s stuff for many years, but shouldn't it go back to the Stones at some point, or is it a completely different deal all together?

Whatever Paul is talking about - I'm no Beatles expert! - in a conversation about this topic Jane Rose made it clear that the Stones rights belong to Klein F-O-R-E-V-E-R (until they fall into the public domain, of course).

In case the Beatles sold their souls for a limited period of time only, they must have been a tiny bit more clever than the Stones back in the days!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 5, 2009 05:32

R.I.H.

and now, meet the new boss - same as the old boss!....

edit: Blessing upon hearing Bad News
I dig this,if it's what you meant, sister.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-05 05:50 by open-g.

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: July 5, 2009 05:35

His Majesty
Perhaps Brian is waiting at the gates to give him a good kicking.

I don't like speaking ill of the dead either, but I'm smiling at the visual to this one ... grinning smiley

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 5, 2009 05:54

Now the bootleggers could change some of their artworkswinking smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-05 10:17 by Honestman.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 5, 2009 06:00

mickschix
Well today he will meet his MAKER; I wonder how he will be received?

I'm not particularly religious, but was not Klein Jewish?
What happens to guys like this when hell supposedly does not exist?

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: July 5, 2009 06:06

The world is now a better place. Where he is going, I am certain he will meet up with Don Arden.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 5, 2009 06:21

Donn Arden also an Alzheimer's victim.

I used to know Klein. And today, I could just hear him saying in that demanding rough voice, keeping up with the media obituaries., "SO, where the Times? Where's the fu....New York Times?"

And then a few hours later: "This is all? THIS? In the NY TIMES? I grew up in the Bronx, for Christ's sake. Barely two pages. What are we paying that schmuck pr guy for?"

Interesting that no one's mentioning Klein's connection to Phil Spector.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 5, 2009 06:50

"you never give me your money. You only give me your funny paper..."
RIP Allen.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 5, 2009 07:23

As Johhny Rotten said upon hearing of the death of Elvis Presley,

GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH.

plexi

Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: July 5, 2009 07:41

Allen Alle......what a sad day......

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 5, 2009 09:17

I cannot believe what people are saying hear about a man who has just died. His body isn't cold yet and the vultures are circling, the mean are making mean comments. If this man did wrong as you say then now is a great time to feel sorry for him. We will all be judged by our maker and then it's too late. So many of you want to throw the first stone. It's a pity. Very sad.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: July 5, 2009 10:00

...businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: July 5, 2009 10:50

I have totally forgotten that Klein had Alzheimer's disease.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 5, 2009 11:15

My first thought was maybe the vaults will be opened..............
But my sympathy goes to his family

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 5, 2009 11:29

>> edit: Blessing upon hearing Bad News
I dig this,if it's what you meant, sister <<

yeah, that's the function of the phrase. but what it means is ... hm ... there is a just judge.
as in: we don't have to make judgements, you know?

Posted by: squando ()
Date: July 5, 2009 13:06

Man some of you take this sh*t as though it happened to you.

"Rot in hell"??

"Send flowers"??

He's just a guy that none of us had anything to do with that has died. Why any of you care one way or the other is beyond me.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: July 5, 2009 13:11

Sympathy for the devil!

Date: July 5, 2009 13:14

Bimmelzerbott

So had he!!

I am a firm believer that if you can't say something nice about somebody when they are alive then don't bother when they are dead.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 5, 2009 13:47

It's actually quite amusing to read all these hateful remarks by people who do not have the faintest idea about Klein and his publishing business, or the music business in general.

Mathijs

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 5, 2009 14:10

Edith Grove
loog droog
One minute people are wishing he hadn't killed the '72 live album, the next they want to take up a collection for the guy. I don't get it.

And I don't quite get this statement, loog droog.

I suggested that if anyone wanted to make a donation, they make it to the Alzheimer's Foundation.

Do you have a problem with that?

great call...
there's a good chance alot of the guys on this thread might get struck down by this disease...

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: July 5, 2009 14:29

I doubt anything will change with the publishing rights, I think he instructed his son to keep a hold of them.
He might possibly be more friendly towards Jagger than his father was but I won't hold my breath.
Never realised he had the same birthate Dec 18 as Keith and Bobby ,all be it a few years earlier

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 5, 2009 14:29

No Sympathy for this Devil

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 5, 2009 15:47

Meet his maker? What, there's a spot for him to hang out with his mom and dad?

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 5, 2009 16:22

make sure some of you touch wood...

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 5, 2009 18:23

exilestones
I cannot believe what people are saying hear about a man who has just died. His body isn't cold yet and the vultures are circling, the mean are making mean comments. If this man did wrong as you say then now is a great time to feel sorry for him. We will all be judged by our maker and then it's too late. So many of you want to throw the first stone. It's a pity. Very sad.

Believe it.

I take issue with being called a "vulture" since that is a more apt term for Klein himself.

I agree that we will all meet our maker and I will be the first to admit that I am not without sin. But to put things in Biblical perspective, Klein--as reported in today's L.A. Times--had a sign on his desk that read, "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of evil, I have no fear as I am the biggest bastard in the valley."

Nice guy.

As someone who loves--loves the music of both the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, I feel perfectly entitled to express my opinion--on July 4th especially--about Allen Klein, even though he didn't personally rip me off.

It's called empathy, people. I wasn't ripped off by Bernie Madoff either, but it pisses me off that someone could live like a king by screwing his friends, which is exactly what Klein did.

As they say, you can steal a lot more with a contract and a pen than with a gun. And we all know that poor black kid who robs 40 bucks from a 7-11 does more more time in prison than a white collar crook who steals millions. Thankfully, Madoff's case was the exception to this unfair unwritten rule. It had a happy ending, and hopefully he'll be providing his fellow inmates with the same.

For the person who suggested comments about Klein were about "rage" I maintain that they're about outrage that this self-proclaimed "biggest bastard in the valley" is receiving any kind of good will from the forum of fans of the group that he did so much damage to.

Seriously, I don't mean to be "mean" about this--although it's not really a concern one way or another. I've been laughing as I write most of this stuff, but unlike Klein, it hasn't been all the way to the bank.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 5, 2009 20:39

Please show some RESPECT on IORR in general. If you DON'T have anything nice to say then please DO NOT say it. That is important to remember in general, as well as in this thread. Anyone who post offending is adding extra work to me - I have to edit and/or delete - plus there is a great risk of being closed out of posting on IORR in general. Thanks for your understanding.

Bjornulf
IORR Editior

Posted by: nick ()
Date: July 5, 2009 22:37

In being respectful BUT reflecting history properly, Brian Jones was sneaky to the Stones in his business dealings with Oldham. This got him an extra percentage of profit. Andrew Loog-Oldham was equally not forthcoming to the band (including Brian) in the "transferring" of the Stones to Klein. Allen Klein given the open door,simply did what someone of his unsavory character would do. He just continued to do it.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 6, 2009 03:49

The best comment is or is similar to this:

Richards outlives another one! HANG FIRE!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: July 6, 2009 05:10

Sir Craven of Cottage
Bimmelzerbott

So had he!!

I am a firm believer that if you can't say something nice about somebody when they are alive then don't bother when they are dead.
Quite right Sir Cottage. To hear some people, one would think dying was something reserved for the priviliged few.,,

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 6, 2009 10:35

What, specifically, did Allen Klein do to incur such wrath?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2064
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home