Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: OT--Stop the Jackson madness!
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 7, 2009 19:27

His casket will be at the memorial service at the Staples center, to be buried in a LA cemetery.

Posted by: Happy2 ()
Date: July 7, 2009 19:28

To repeat - my post is about the family and the coverage - I feel bad for Michel Jackson - he deserved better than these abusive vampires

Which of the "mourners" are you referring to here?

"Unconvicted pedophiles who could dance".

Date: July 7, 2009 19:29

Yes, and I have no problem with the media coverage. In fact, I've become a Michael Jackson junkie. I can't get enough of the coverage. A far better news story to me than another murder, mugging, raping, missing child, blahblahblah.

His father is a F-face who should be hind and quartered, but the rest of the Jackson family is fine. How can you say they stood by and did nothing? Michael was estranged from most of them for a long while.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 7, 2009 19:29

His casket will be at the memorial service at the Staples center, to be buried in a LA cemetery.
---

Until Joe Jackson turns him into a marionette puppet and tours him on his newly formed Ranch Records

[www.gawkk.com]

Date: July 7, 2009 19:30

hbwriter
Happy--if all you're hanging your hat on is Janet, then you seem to be agreeing with everything else. I'll give you Janet - (though I think her records are a joke) But then can I take it you're fine with the rest of the opinion?

no, you can't. Ever hear of The Jackson 5?

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: July 7, 2009 19:30

I agree with hbwriter 110%

It's ridiculous.

You've got riots in China and Iran, chronic thirdworld hunger that will only increase with the advent of global warming ..all kinds of serious issues..yet all some people have going in their lives is some idiotic fascination with dead pop stars ..and the greedy self-absorbed people like Joe Jackson taking advantage of these mindless twits

'Jackson has the biggest selling album of all time..'

..so what..that means absolute shit in the great scheme of things

Date: July 7, 2009 19:32

---

Happy, that's a fact, not an opinion - he admitted feeding the kids "Jesus Juice" - remember?

I do feel bad for the guy - I think they should have helped him with his pedophilia - but nobody did - so he became the mess that he was -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-07 19:35 by hbwriter.

Date: July 7, 2009 19:34

You've got riots in China and Iran, chronic thirdworld hunger that will only increase with the advent of global warming ..all kinds of serious issues

Tell me, do you not ever tire of hearing about the same ol' sh-t on tv all the time? I know I sure as hell do. It's nice to get lost in something else for a change. There's a reason why I don't watch the news and tv much - because I want to live an upbeat, positive life and not be brought down by all the negativity there is played across the screen every friggin day to keep us scared little obedient robots to the way of life someone else deems for us. Not to turn this political, but that's my opinion on the boob tube.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 7, 2009 19:35

Bjornulf opened a thread for Michael Jackson

[www.iorr.org]

He kindly asked us to post anything related to Michael Jackson in that thread.
Why open a new one ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 7, 2009 19:40

Rolling - I was unaware - sorry - and this was on the coverage - from someone who lives here --a separate, major media event - so perhaps it is beyond the other post -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-07 19:44 by hbwriter.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 7, 2009 19:43

I think we all should get a day off from work...............tongue sticking out smiley

Re: OT--Stop the Jackson media madness!
Date: July 7, 2009 19:50

I think we all should get a day off from work...............

--maybe a week - with Al Sharpton preaching on Tv for days on end to honor this wonderful human being

Date: July 7, 2009 19:54

who the hell would watch that?!?!?!?!?

Date: July 7, 2009 19:54

hbwriter
---

Happy, that's a fact, not an opinion - he admitted feeding the kids "Jesus Juice" - remember?

I do feel bad for the guy - I think they should have helped him with his pedophilia - but nobody did - so he became the mess that he was -

And what do you provide as evidence to support this claim of yours? Were you there? Do you personally know all involved? Did you do an independent investigation? Do you have some info about the case that you are holding that would prove his guilt?

Or, is it just the fact that he was accused, so therefore, he must be guilty?

hb, you stepped in dog shit with this thread that will take several yards to get off your shoe.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 7, 2009 20:02

phelge
He invented The Moonwalk for God's sake!!

no he did not. Jeffrey Daniel did.
Here he is on TOTP's as early as 1982, perfecting it.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 7, 2009 20:19

Adrian-L
phelge
He invented The Moonwalk for God's sake!!

no he did not. Jeffrey Daniel did.
Here he is on TOTP's as early as 1982, perfecting it.

right, and Marcel Marceau needs to mentioned as well.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 7, 2009 20:30

VoodooLounge13
You've got riots in China and Iran, chronic thirdworld hunger that will only increase with the advent of global warming ..all kinds of serious issues

Tell me, do you not ever tire of hearing about the same ol' sh-t on tv all the time? I know I sure as hell do. It's nice to get lost in something else for a change. There's a reason why I don't watch the news and tv much - because I want to live an upbeat, positive life and not be brought down by all the negativity there is played across the screen every friggin day to keep us scared little obedient robots to the way of life someone else deems for us. Not to turn this political, but that's my opinion on the boob tube.

Perhaps a better reaction to all the sad serious issues facing our world would be to get involved as opposed to "just getting lost in something" as ridiculous as this memorial embarrassment.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 7, 2009 20:40

What can I say except:

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 7, 2009 20:43

MKjan
VoodooLounge13

Perhaps a better reaction to all the sad serious issues facing our world would be to get involved as opposed to "just getting lost in something" as ridiculous as this memorial embarrassment.

I'm involved with several charitable organizations, thank you. I just choose to not fill my head with such negativity. As I've always maintained, what's happening outside our borders, in large part, should not be any of our business. Genocide aside.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: July 7, 2009 20:49

i almost had to go to downtown L.A. today for jury duty!...thankfully i didnt have to report...it wouldve been pure HELL...i feel sorry for the daily commuters going to their jobs...caught in the mess

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 7, 2009 20:54

hbwriter
THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK
Let me get this straight, are you not a writer for a magazine? Even if it's part time, YOU are the media. Then you come here to start a thread about media madness?

I hate peas, I don't come on here starting a thread about it.

Get over yourself, unless you're looking for attention. Not the attention one should be seeking.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 7, 2009 20:59

watchin the memorial; mariah carey Great; just wonderful as always...only way it cudda been better would be if she was singin' naked...wotta girl...

lionel richie comes on to sing a song to Jesus...lionel richie...what can u say?
totally awful in every way? uh yep...

berry gordy talkin' now...looks great. the brothers are all dressed alike in men in black kinda suits...and dark sunglassess...and get this...fairy sparkle white glove on one hand...lookin' very serious...probably hurting but this extravaganza continues...berry says michael better than smokey...blahhdy blah he liked to sing...
pop history etc... be back

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 7, 2009 21:10

hbwriter gets my vote of approval. I, too, am disgusted by the media attention.....and the fan attention. While I try hard to be open minded about all tastes in music, I just never could appreciate MJ's style.......And to the person that posted (Jackson was) "never convicted of child molestation, end of story," are you serious? That's like saying OJ Simpson "was never convicted of murder, end of story."

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: July 7, 2009 21:21

Date: July 7, 2009 19:13

hbwriter
guitarbastard - right on - and a bunch of soldiers were killed today fighting for their country - any word on that? oh well-- maybe if they had been unconvicted pedophiles who could dance

"Unconvicted pedophiles who could dance". That is about the most heartless statement I've read in a long while. Damn hb, I thought you were a better person than that. I hate being wrong.

You, nor anyone else, have any proof that Jackson was a child molester. He was tried more than once and found innocent. End of story.

True enough, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was a grown man having sleepovers with young boys, who did sleep in the same bed with him, and which he admitted to on film. That is just wrong. I don't care if there was sexual activity or not, a grown man sharing a bed with children like that, who are not his own, is unacceptable. And it doesn't matter how child-like and innocent the man may have been, he was still an adult and it was wrong. As far as him being the greatest performer ever, that's an opinion. He was certainly up there at the top of the list, but greatest ever is simply opinion, regardless of who you are talking about. Some of his work was with the Jackson 5 was brilliant, and his solo albums Off The Wall and Thriller deserve the recognition they get. But ever since Thriller, his music became increasingly generic and dull, lost the soul and sincerity of his earlier work, and he became increasingly strange with each passing year. As time went on his behavior became more and more questionable on many fronts. His earlier musical achievements deserve to be commemorated, and the fact that he always kept his incredible talent for live performance (although it was not my cup of tea at all) should also be remembered. But putting him on a pedestal like he was an incredibly good and pure individual worthy of sainthood is going a bit too far. He had as many faults as he did virtues, and while he shouldn't be only ostracized for the bad, his faults shouldn't be ignored either. This whitewashing of his history that many people seem all to eager to buy into is not good. He had more than enough flaws that warrant the worship being taken down a few notches to a level that is more reasonable. It's really out of hand at this point, especially with the cable news networks spending too much of their time on him and ignoring the more important stories that are going on right now. Yes Voodoo, it is nice to escape from all the overwhelming crap that is going on right now, but not at the expense of our dignity and responsibilities as decent, involved citizens. And yes Happy, he was an incredibly gifted and unique talent, but at the end of the day he was still a human being, with accomplishments, faults, virtues, and failures like every human being. Just because his were on a grander scale than the average person doesn't mean he should be revered at the expense of dignity and common sense. It is madness, and many of us will be glad when it's finally over in a few weeks.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 7, 2009 21:37

hbwriter
Just in case anyone needs some clarification on a few of the ....

Bill Wyman f u c k e d a 13 year old GIRL

Keith is a hard core drug addict

Mick ripped off others music claiming it was his

Mick and Keith @#$%& a band members GF

Keith plays air guitar during the shows

We all could play this game, about myself, yourself and everyone on earth.

Are these some of the things people who are not into Rolling Stones music going to say when each band member slowly dies off? (hopefully not any time soon)

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: July 7, 2009 21:57

Jim Gordon killed his mother, yet i still think he's a great drummer.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 7, 2009 22:03

What really gets me is the people who say we lost a great musician. Michael Jackson was NOT a musician. He was a singer who could dance. He had 7 solo albums. Only about 3 of which were commercially succesful. Granted he had one of the biggest selling albums of all time with Thriller. But he was NO musician. I won't bother rehashing his personal life. That's been well enough documented. But it was because of the freak show that he became that this is such a big deal. Not because of his musical talents.

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: July 7, 2009 22:12

A lot of people don't realize that Michael actually wrote a lot of his songs. Beat It, Billy Jean, Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough, Bad, Smooth Criminal etc. If that isn't being a musician, I don't know what is.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: July 7, 2009 22:19

hbwriter
This coverage is ridiculous- they've closed the 101 freeway at RUSH HOUR to allow for their motorcade - a SWAT team will guide the body to Staples - these people are disgusting - costing the city of LA millions of dollars it does not have, not offering to pay a nickel of it - thousands of cops and fireman and emergency service to shut a city down for a day and for what? A freaking entertainer? A freaky entertainer? An unconvicted child molester? An isolationist drug addict? What?

This family is disgusting - selfish, self absorbed, clueless--milking every last drop of blood and fame just to get their own mugs plastered on TV - a bunch of d-list has beens coming to grips with the death of their meal ticket. Sorry folks - this is a sad commentary on society that this owns the day - you want to honor the guy? Do it with grace, class and decency - not this circus orgy of grotesque celebrity worship - that is costing we the taxpayers millions. They orchestrate this fiasco in secret then complain about the loss of privacy - they talk about their poor brother yet they did nothing but defend his insane behavior while he was alive - enabling all the way. Give me a freaking break - and let the Michael Jackson backlash begin as soon as the bills (and toxicology reports) start rolling in.

I agree with you 100%. I live in the LA area as well and this whole circus is beyond ridiculous. The media is in a total frenzy over this freak, there isn't anywhere near this much coverage when a President dies!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 7, 2009 22:21

Didn't the same happen with Elvis to a degree? its no big deal and it'll all be over soon once everyones made their dollar and got over their grief....

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home