Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rest In Peace Brian
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: July 3, 2009 22:07

More talent,style and charisma than the rest of the band put together!

RIP man.

Date: July 3, 2009 23:09

RIP Brian

Brian Jones, fashion trend-setter.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 4, 2009 00:42

Rest in Peace
and thanks for everything, Brian!

I think in the mid 60's Brian actually was the most loved Stone - at least in Europe.
He was soo eye-catching and unique!

It's hard to accept that many of the younger fans and users on IORR don't know the original Rolling Stones, - and the importance and charisma of young Brian!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 4, 2009 00:58

Posted by: varv ()
Date: July 4, 2009 01:04

I remember the morning of July 3,1969 like it was yesterday.Too sad for words.Forty years have passed but the legend lives on.So everyone raise your glass with me.A toast to Brian Jones-the greatest rock star of all time!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 4, 2009 01:04

Wonton Witch,

No offense, but in the main article "Fax" is mentioned, and to my knowledge the technology did not exist in the 1960s.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 4, 2009 01:12

Think he meant a Telex

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 4, 2009 02:13

@ Nicos Middle-Picture of Brian:

Looking at that picture of Brian at his record-player . .

So that was the music-medium of a world famous Rock (well . .Beat!)Star in the mid-60's!

Isn't it amazing how times have changed?
So Brian was the proud owner of this cool record-player and that was the way one was enjoying music than!
Still remember the smell and feel of those hit-singles!

Long way to todays ipods & co.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 4, 2009 02:54

You made modern music what it is today Bri. And were the grooviest pop star of your day. Salut

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: July 4, 2009 03:05

40 years.. Brian, you made it all happen

You put the add in the paper, wanting to put together a Blues band
You gave the band its name
You gave the direction into the blues
You made it happen

I'm sitting here with a pool tile and thinking what would have happened if ya still walked around here..

I can't understand why you do not get more credit for your contribution of the creation of the band.

I do hope that one day all Jagger Richards fans will discover that Brian is the one to thank for the creation of da greatest band of all time

When the time comes for me to get upstairs as well, I will for sure looke ya up and find out what really happened on the night in between 2nd and 3rd of July 1969

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: July 4, 2009 04:43

It is probably referring to facts NOT facsimile confused smiley

*Are you expecting one from Keef?...(handwritten.)

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 4, 2009 10:54

The fascinating Angel has gone. A powerful image and charisma. He did it all....with Mick, Keith, Charlie and Bill. They were a Band. RIP

Posted by: Mock Jogger ()
Date: July 7, 2009 02:09

In case anyone who speaks German is interested there had been a one hour tribute radio show for Brian last week on a German radio station. It's still available in the station's archive until early Friday this week; here's the link: [then click on Real Player - the Brian part of the show is the second hour of the show, starting at 1h05min.20sec]
[www.radioeins.de]

/programm/sendungen/experience/audioarchiv/index.html

(sorry, for some reason the link for the complete url is always cut off here, so I put the rest you need in the line below. Or you just click your way from the main website to the last show of "Experience". This should work as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-07 02:11 by Mock Jogger.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: July 7, 2009 03:14

I'm a little bit late but....

RIP Brian. Thank you for the inspiration you give me musically. Your spirit will live forever.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 7, 2009 04:13

Why does nobody talk about him?? I heard talk on the radio of Jm Morrison but nothing of Brian - Christ he started the best band in r&r history and is largely forgotten.

RIP

Date: July 7, 2009 09:45

I actually thought they might play the movie "Stoned" but no, nothing like that.
However, a special on Hendrix aired and was pretty good. It featured interviews with lots of folks from Mitch Mitchell to Andrew Oldham. (Linda Keith's name is mentioned but she isn't shown.) Of course much footage of Brian is shown.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: July 7, 2009 16:44

slew
Why does nobody talk about him?? I heard talk on the radio of Jm Morrison but nothing of Brian - Christ he started the best band in r&r history and is largely forgotten.

RIP
Because the Glimmer Twins, Klein and to some extent Oldham almost managed to do what they worked their asses off for during the late 60's - to make Brian a minor and forgotten character in the Stones-camp. Brian was a pathetic figure in many ways but from the things I've read - you just don't treat a member of your band that way for crying out loud.

The good thing is that Brian has a pretty big fan-base out there. So his memory is not totally lost thankfully.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 7, 2009 20:47

The rather minimal Brian time on tv, radio etc is quite sad, but expected.

For various reasons, he just doesn't command that much exposure in mainstream media. A kind of cult figure within one of the most popular and best bands the world has ever known.

A pretty strange situation, but rather typical of things related to Brian.

Posted by: Mock Jogger ()
Date: July 13, 2009 01:23

And another radio show - again in German - covering Allen Klein's death (I put it here since the Klein-thread was closed) - it will stay in the archive until thursday night:

http://www.radioeins.de/programm/sendungen/experience/audioarchiv/index.html

The part about AK starts ca. at 1h:15 min.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1232
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home