Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How do I play downloaded music files on my CD player?
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 2, 2009 18:18

I have loads of Stones MP3 files in iTunes that I'd like to be able to burn to CD and play in the car. But my CD player is old and does not recognise the MP3 format.

What do I need to do to make these files playable on a standard CD player?

Re: How do I play downloaded music files on my CD player?
Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: July 2, 2009 18:30

get a new cd player

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 2, 2009 18:32

ho ho ho. Thanks.

Seriously, if there is anyone on the forum who has some tech knowledge in this area, could you post some info please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-02 18:36 by Father Ted.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 2, 2009 18:47

burn it as wave !

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: July 2, 2009 19:09

Most of today's "burning" programs, like Nero etc., have the option/choice to "burn an Audio CD that will play in any CD player" as opposed to simply burning the songs as "mp3s" which a lot of older CD players won't play. A lot of the newer CD players will play burned CDs with mp3s on them. It's a matter of "reading the fine print" on the burning program and your CD player.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 2, 2009 19:13

>> burn it as wave! <<

indeed: nero software lets you convert mp3s to wav format and i reckon other programs do too.
i am a total techno-primitive and since i can do it, anyone can, truly :E

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: July 2, 2009 19:33

ho ho ho. Thanks.

i didnt understand your question; i have 15 year old cd playing equipment that plays MP3 burned cd's just fine; so I figured if yours doesnt, you need a new one

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 2, 2009 21:28

I use the Windows Media Player to do it: choose the option to create a CD, click Burn, drag the items you want to the playlist and click Burn Now... The only thing I need to remember is don't put the blank disc in the drive until WMP asks for it - otherwise it seems to get confused.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: July 2, 2009 21:33

I think all of the above advice makes it too complicated.

Since you said you're using iTunes, the easist way to burn an audio CD would being using that program. Make a playlist of the songs you want, make sure the running time will fit on a CD, and click the "Burn Disc" button in the bottom right corner. Make sure "Audio CD" (not MP3 CD) is selected for the disc format in the window that pops up and your car CD player should play the disc fine.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: July 2, 2009 21:53

That's true. "Audio" is the key word here.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 2, 2009 21:57

Totally different subject...but if you want to convert youtube videos to WAV audio format here's a nice program.

[www.dvdvideosoft.com]

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: July 2, 2009 23:22

you can also do it in itunes. creat a playlist, copy and paste (or drag) songs of choice to said playlist and right click and select burn CD, you will be given option of mp3 or CD. simple as that.

Date: July 4, 2009 15:01

XRECODE is the best software to convert your music into different file formats. In this case,you could use it to convert MP3 songs to WAV files which can be burnt to a CD-R which will play on any CD player ( unless you get a bad batch of discs ) . You would still suffer from the compression loss of the MP3 file,though - switching it back to WAV will not restore the data lost when the songs were compressed into the MP3 format. The XRECODE software is free & easy to use.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 4, 2009 15:51

Longing for the good ol' days of albums, 8-track, or cassette. I could figure those out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home