Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT: The Black Crowes: I Ain't Hiding
Date: August 26, 2009 11:58

Is that a barn next to the stage? Good to see The Crowes doing their new stuff smiling smiley

Re: OT: The Black Crowes: I Ain't Hiding
Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: August 26, 2009 12:15

Taylor Era

Bands like Tragically Hip and Blue Rodeo, both veteran acts lasting over 20 years - although barely known outside of Canada - truly represent the best of the Canadian scene. These are bands that just dont give a shit about 'trends' or market demographics. They just write and play music, that's all.

Let me know what you think of 'Yer Favorites.' Fans picked the tunes for the record, not the band or the record company. There are many others that don't appear on it that I would have picked. These guys are a band with depth. For sure my favorite band of the 1990's. It's probably as good a starting point as any. It goes from 1989 to 2004, although the band has released two more records since then, and no songs from them are on Yer Favorites. (World Container 2006 and We Are The Same 2009)

With the Tragically Hip, like with any good band, many of their best tracks are the deep album tracks, and along with the rock and roll, you get real, honest, thought-provoking lyrics from an intelligent songwriter and lyricist.

I agree, great band, the Hip! Saw them in Amsterdam, Paradiso (last year, me thinks?) and it was a truly excellent show!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home