Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What MJ song should the Stones cover in concert next year?
Posted by: magenta ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:56

There is only one, I Don't Know Why. It's a silly question but it's a good song and it gives them a chance to something obscure.

Re: What MJ song should the Stones cover in concert next year?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:59

Blame It On The Boooooooooooooooogie .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 30, 2009 02:03

how about none of 'em

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: June 30, 2009 02:16

Ruthless People followed by God Gave Me Everything. That would be great.

Date: June 30, 2009 02:35

TravellinMan - you read my mind exactly. The real MJ still rocks.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 30, 2009 02:57

magenta
There is only one, I Don't Know Why. It's a silly question but it's a good song and it gives them a chance to something obscure.

In decades of collecting a Jagger solo version of I Dont Know Why never came into my hands!

No, honestly: I Don't Know Why as released on Metamorphosis IS a Stones performance. So I dont know why you label it as a "MJ song". Or did you mix up things and really mean Memo From Turner?

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 30, 2009 03:06

None would be fine with me. Their previous tributes were at least to their contemporaries (Otis Redding, James Brown, Ray Charles), and not to someone 15 years their junior. Besides, any Michael Jackson tribute would be a sure-fire bathroom break song!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 30, 2009 03:09

Any that he wrote with that Keith Richard guy...or the other one, Keith Richards.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: June 30, 2009 04:56

the only track that was ever any good-----evening gown

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: June 30, 2009 06:38

I Don't Know Why is a Stevie Wonder song that both the Jackson 5 and the Stones covered.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 30, 2009 07:50

I Don't Know Why would be a surefire bathroom break for most people. The Stones' version of it leaked out on an outtakes album that they disavowed upon its release. The only people who would even recognize it participate on this board and a few others that revolve around the Rolling Stones.

Unlike I'll Go Crazy is to James Brown's catalog or Night Time is to Ray Charles', I Don't Know Why is not a sacred part of either Michael Jackson's or the Stones' catalog. It's merely a common element in their repertoires and playing it is certainly not worth wasting five minutes in a show where people spend $400 per ticket.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 30, 2009 07:57

The Stones honor the vets--MJ is a peer for God's sake--appeared on ed sullivan the same year they did

leave this all behind - the music legacy ended 20 freaking years ago - since then he is a sideshow--nothing more ,nothing less

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 30, 2009 09:15

"The Way You Make Me Feel" would be a good one for the Stones to do if indeed they were inclined to do one. I can hear Jagger's voice doing that great.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: June 30, 2009 09:28

Would have thought "Sate of shock" the obvious one given Jagger and Jackson had a US #3 hit with it. Went down well at Live Aid.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: June 30, 2009 09:58

It would be interesting if there was a Mick Jagger slot for two songs while Keith went to fix his hair, would this still be the time for the audience to buy another beer/go to the loo? I'd love to hear him do some solo stuff.

As far as Michael Jackson goes, who will remember him next year in conjunction with a current tour? And who knows who else may have died/ retired / achieved world peace by then?

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: June 30, 2009 10:11

Stupidest question/post ever. Why the @#$%& would they EVER cover a Michael Jackson song to begin with? Just because he's dead? By the time they MAYBE tour next year, IF they even tour, which noone knows for sure yet, Jackson's death will no longer be relevant. In six weeks it will no longer be relevant. And what song would they cover? Thriller? Billie Jean? Bad? Please, give me a break. Outside of, maybe, State of Shock, they have NOTHING in common musically. The Stones were R&B based rock n roll (I don't know what the hell they are now), Michael Jackson was pure corporate pop. He used to be R&B/Soul, but even that was the more modern 70's/80's R&B, a far cry from the true R&B that rock n roll came from, and which originally influenced the Stones. I don't understand why this is even being brought up. It's like asking which Britney Spears song should George Jones cover. They just don't match up, there is no common ground, outside of State of Shock, and that's only because he and Mick did it together. I suppose they could do that, but again, by the time they maybe tour again, what would be the point. @#$%& stupid. Not everything in the world revolves around the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: June 30, 2009 10:13

Now you're just being silly boogie!

boogie69
Not everything in the world revolves around the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: June 30, 2009 10:29

I can just see Keith standing there singing Ben!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 30, 2009 10:53

None.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 30, 2009 11:12

Forget it.

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: June 30, 2009 11:17

I would like to see Keith and Charlie sing Beat It acapella. Ron does the moonwalk and Mick does the fight sequal with Chuck.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: June 30, 2009 11:21

Well... Not that I think they should cover an MJ song - they shan't and they won't - I can hear in my head a groovy swamp version of The Way You Make Me Feel!!

Date: June 30, 2009 12:03

boogie69
By the time they MAYBE tour next year, IF they even tour, which noone knows for sure yet, Jackson's death will no longer be relevant. In six weeks it will no longer be relevant.

Not so sure about this. In case Michael Jackson will follow Princess Dianas footsteps, I am pretty sure that the yellow press and conspiracy book authors will keep us amused for years to come!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 30, 2009 12:05

None

An English Rhythm & Blues band, dating from 1962, owes nothing to MJ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-30 12:08 by Adrian-L.

Date: June 30, 2009 12:14

None.

Not even 'Don't Stop 'Til You Get Off Of My Cloud'......

Date: June 30, 2009 12:37

The Stones covering Michael Jackson would be like one of my worst nightmares coming true. Dunno why some people here could even think of it.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 30, 2009 12:46

State Of Shock

Which would be my state if they do it

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 30, 2009 14:42

none

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2009 14:45

magenta

None. Respect to the man is one thing and his demise is very tragic but if they're going to cover anyone, I'd have thought it more sensible to honour someone who's directly influenced them a bit more.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 30, 2009 14:55

You know it's funny because it was one of the thoughts that did cross my mind over the weekend: Will the Stones cover a Michael song when they next tour...only time will tell.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2070
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home