Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: X-Pensive Winos Possibly To Tour In August
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 28, 2009 20:56

Edith Grove
Is it just me, or does anyone else have the opinion that Keith recently has trouble with singing & playing at the same time?

or anytime for that matter

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 28, 2009 21:31

tour of course can happen - now listen - only if they want to. they are capable of kicking about 10 marvellous shows, no problem. remember, it doesn't have to be big... and yes, I know them well. tongue sticking out smiley chill out.

I am waiting, however - no news is good news. I want to see it happen tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 28, 2009 21:33

what's Blondie Chaplin have to say about this?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 28, 2009 21:34

PLEASE keep Blondie out of it!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 28, 2009 21:47

scottkeef
PLEASE keep Blondie out of it!

in which case who's covering for Keith??

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 29, 2009 00:07

I mean if Keith cant go there is NO Winos- I dont wanna see him in a lounge act!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 29, 2009 03:21

oh man i love expensive wine

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: June 29, 2009 03:26

Hmm thats news to me. I know there is no Stones tour this year.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: June 29, 2009 03:41

Edith Grove
Is it just me, or does anyone else have the opinion that Keith recently has trouble with singing & playing at the same time, especially since the accident?

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I wonder if he can effectively get through a show as a front man these days.

Hey BB King could never sing and play guitar at the same time; Keith will be fine

Posted by: wantedman09 ()
Date: June 29, 2009 06:37

NO - damn your RUMORS!

I just hit Ivan:

Ivan Neville Today at 10:26pm
jes a rumor @ dis time!!! i wouldn't spread dis around!!

Come on folks...first off, don't spread stuff that you know NOTHING 'bout.
Have respect to these artists - if you don't, please refrain from contributing
garbage.

I (for ONE) would LOVE to see this happen...but use your intelligence;
those dates are barely SIX WEEKS out and most venues book at least
two months out...

Keep this real!
Charlie in Austin, TX

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: June 29, 2009 07:12

We'd better query with Waddy at Joe's Joint next week.

Date: June 29, 2009 10:46

Hmmm... SkipStone - are you gonna try to be their new opening act?

If so, I'm your new BFF smiling smiley

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: June 29, 2009 10:47

There is no gig at Joe's Joint on this Monday, June, 29....Hopefully there will be at least one Monday night show in July!smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-29 11:34 by donnarq1.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 29, 2009 19:07

Opening acts are a very political thing. Look at who opens for the Stones. Not exactly acts that are in line with rock'n'roll. There might be some opening dates with the Drive-By Truckers in the fall. Opening for Keith would be awesome. But there's only one problem with being the opening act - the pay SUCKS.

Regardless of that, ha ha, I highly doubt it. And nothing is official yet.

I knew I should've just kept it to myself. Well, that's it then.

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 29, 2009 19:30

Ivan got a FAX!

-- Keef can't operate e-mail??

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 29, 2009 19:42

skip, I think y'all would be a great opening act for the Winos. Forget the pay, enjoy the moment.

Doesn't Grayson's website say he had opened for Keith before?

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: June 29, 2009 19:52

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 28, 2009 17:48

frankotero
I wish it were true. And no offense to Keef, but the fact that he has let his waistline increase indicates no plans for touring, or being in the spotlight for that matter. More and more I'm beginning to believe the Bigger Bang was the last. Hope I'm wrong though.

<<< More and more I'm beginning to believe the Bigger Bang was the last. Hope I'm wrong though >>>

I'll just say that I'm loathe to "believe" the Bigger Bang was the last, it's just that as time goes by ... I'm beginning to "worry" that indeed it might have been. Like you, I too hope I'm wrong.

I hope your both right, they are no longer really a band, only a corporation, a business at this point. I hope they are done. If not, they're worse than Brett Favre at knowing when to quit.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 29, 2009 20:04

Great pic, Toru A.

Keith looks cool and menacing with ciggie and SG.

Anyone care to shed a little info?

I pressume it was a guest performance?

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 29, 2009 20:04

they are no longer really a band, only a corporation, a business at this point.

--- ya, but business is good .. I mean hey, the Bigger Bang tour grossed about $560 million. .. something like 4.5 million people went to see them.. so when yer biz is grossing half a billion per tour, more than any other band, ever, do you just fold up the tent??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-29 20:06 by Taylor Era.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 29, 2009 20:11

This would be great .....however....I'll believe it only when I see(?) it....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 29, 2009 20:55

Well, a Winos tour could come together quickly (it certainly did in 1988), but it does seem unlikely. Twenty years on, the idea of a Keith solo tour without an album is a bit peculiar. More likely he'd do a charity gig if he felt like playing solo or show up at Waddy's place for a fun night out. Either way, I hope Ivan doesn't get any flack for this thread. While we all love info, it isn't cool to break confidences and if there's any truth in any of this that's what someone did.

Date: June 29, 2009 21:29

He didn't say not to say anything. I took it upon myself. That's why I didn't mention a name. It could have been said to anyone. Besides, it's not like anyone from the Stones reads this - otherwise they would have reissued the albums with a second disc of bonus tracks for every album. Leaks happen all over the place.

And regardless of what I said or heard, nothing official has been posted yet, just like with the so called Stones tour of this year. I was just passing along something of interest. If it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. I have more reason to believe it will happen than I don't. But that's just me.

Tell ya what though - I won't repeat anything anymore. People have issues with someone not taking their hat off during the USA national anthem and we have issues with believing in whether the Stones or solo members are gonna do ANYTHING.

Re: OT: Nothing
Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: June 29, 2009 22:07

nothing indeed.

Re: OT: Nothing
Date: June 29, 2009 22:11

Right.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 29, 2009 22:14

skipstone
He didn't say not to say anything. I took it upon myself. That's why I didn't mention a name. It could have been said to anyone. Besides, it's not like anyone from the Stones reads this - otherwise they would have reissued the albums with a second disc of bonus tracks for every album. Leaks happen all over the place.

And regardless of what I said or heard, nothing official has been posted yet, just like with the so called Stones tour of this year. I was just passing along something of interest. If it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. I have more reason to believe it will happen than I don't. But that's just me.

Tell ya what though - I won't repeat anything anymore. People have issues with someone not taking their hat off during the USA national anthem and we have issues with believing in whether the Stones or solo members are gonna do ANYTHING.

Skip, thanks for posting the news. Those who comment most often and criticise are not automatically the ones that matter winking smiley

Re: Rumour about X-Pensive Winos Tour
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 29, 2009 23:13

yeah its inspiring just to think about a new Winos tour!
BTW- "we have issues with believing in whether the Stones or solo members are gonna do ANYTHING."
shouldn't that be 'ANYTHANG '

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 29, 2009 23:43

Skipstone, wasn't trying to throw bricks at you. The email from Ivan posted above asked people not to speculate about it. Makes it sound like Ivan might be on shaky ground discussing this issue. I'm sure no one here wants Ivan or Daryl, Bernard, Blondie, Lisa, Chuck, etc. get in hot water for sharing info. I would still love to see scoops like this posted, but maybe without naming names. Less people might have believed you if you simply said a friend in the industry claims the Winos are touring in a couple of months, but it wouldn't be an issue with someone getting a phone call saying who did you talk to about this. If that makes me a dick for being too quick to comment or criticize, I can't help it. I thought it was the best way to respond to protect all sides - Ivan, your friend, the band, this board. That's all I was trying to say. My two cents about betting against a Keith tour without an album was just that - my opinion. I don't disbelieve you, your friend, or anyone else.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 29, 2009 23:54

I don´t think he could go on tour with the winos even if he want to do it...to bad guitarplayer and singer these days i´m afraid.

Date: June 30, 2009 03:08

Rocky - I get it. I'm just kicking myself. It's exactly what you said. I did think I was vague enough. I guess I didn't realise it would be a possible source of trouble. And there is no way I'm going to believe that something somebody said on a website will get someone in trouble.

I was OK with knowing that criticism would be aimed at me. I don't care about that but maybe I should with something like this right? I tried to, ha ha, make this thread go away by giving it a different subject title but that did not work.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: June 30, 2009 03:32

i don´t need and want a winos tour. thanks.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home