Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718
Current Page: 18 of 18
Re: OT: Michael Jackson has died...RIP
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 3, 2009 04:07

Anybody watch Nancy Grace reporting on MJ? This women is a slimeball. I can't watch her anymore. Makes me puke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-03 04:10 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 3, 2009 04:37

More Hot Rocks
Anybody watch Nancy Grace reporting on MJ? This women is a slimeball. I can't watch her anymore. Makes me puke.

I can't stand her and her sanctimonious crap. Their are a lot sleazy people on tv. But she is about The Worst (gratuitous stones reference).

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 3, 2009 04:57

I also just finished watching Larry King's interview with Jermaine Jackson from Neverland. All I can say is Jermaine is a top notch class act. Larry King is is an ignorant, pompous jerk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-03 04:58 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 3, 2009 06:26

Larry King is an embarrassment. He should have been off air a couple of years ago. Really terrible with his interviews. Senility has set in.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 3, 2009 06:32

Jermaine is stepping up, and I feel he will be a great influence on the kids.

Debbie Rowe should respect Michaels wish, a very important one for him, and let it go.

Larry King has all the strength and fortitude of a Carvel ice cream cone. He is the wimpmaster.

Nancy Grace is hideous.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 3, 2009 07:00

I agree that Michael took these steps to a new level in a new, contemporary context, and added many more.

Almost all creative people, imo, even those called geniuses or unique talents borrow heavily from the past. Fred Astaire,
featured in the video along with many others (mainly black tap dancers of the first half of the 20th century) told Michael
he was a good dancer, a compliment I understand was rather rare from him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-03 07:03 by angee.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 6, 2009 12:01

I'm not sure whether this could be true or not, but I was at a show yesterday evening and got talking to a couple of people next to me, and this particular woman swore blind that she'd heard or read the following: that of the 50 O2 shows that Jackson was going to do, the shows were structured in such a way that Jackson himself was actually going to put in only 13 (yes thirteen) minutes on stage per show. Which if true, would kind of beg the question ... how the hell was he planning on filling the remaining one hour and forty seven minutes of the show (assuming they'd be approx 2 hours long) ?

Sounded like another tabloid tale to me, but could it have a grain of truth in it ? Anyone else heard anything like it ?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 6, 2009 12:09

Think it's called doing a 'James Brown', Paulywaul. In his later years JB would have an MC sing most of his hits for him and would only be on stage for key moments. I can well believe it as the show would have been more of a son et lumiere spectacle relying more on dancers and backing musicians.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 6, 2009 12:39

My brother has a contact who works at The 02. MJ was contactually obliged to SING live for 13 minutes. The rest would be lip synced.

He also reliably informs my that Take That are booked to play with Robbie William next summer....

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 6, 2009 13:19

ablett
He also reliably informs my that Take That are booked to play with Robbie William next summer....

i bet they've been approached to fill o2 dates ,this summer, as well

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 6, 2009 13:26

They sure would sell alot of tickets.....

The Take That stuff was booked before Jacko's death.....

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 6, 2009 14:42

ablett
My brother has a contact who works at The 02. MJ was contactually obliged to SING live for 13 minutes. The rest would be lip synced.

<<< MJ was contactually obliged to SING live for 13 minutes >>>

Well that's truly pathetic if that's really the case. Maybe it's best he expired from this planet early, there's quite enough piss taking going on in the world as it is, without that kind of bullshit. He's selling £700 VIP packages for a thirteen minute sing song and then a further couple of hours of lip sync bollocks ? Joker ... and con artist !

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 6, 2009 15:28

You know I've always wondered how one knows for sure whether anyone is ever lip synching or not. Criticize our boys all you want for always screwing up the lyrics and what not, but the songs sound different almost every single night, thereby proving that they NEVER lip sync! winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718
Current Page: 18 of 18

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home